Member Map

I'm getting an upgrade error.

We could not find the application you were attempting to update.

1.) member_map db info is still present in PMA.

2.) Files are still present.

3.) core_apps is still showing it.

4.) Could it be because the admin directory is renamed?

10 hours ago, Brian said:

I'm getting an upgrade error.

1.) member_map db info is still present in PMA.

2.) Files are still present.

3.) core_apps is still showing it.

4.) Could it be because the admin directory is renamed?

This is a bug in 4.1.9, it's fixed in 4.1.10. Temporarily disabling Commerce may allow you to update it.

On 4/6/2016 at 8:34 AM, stoo2000 said:

This is a bug in 4.1.9, it's fixed in 4.1.10. Temporarily disabling Commerce may allow you to update it.

I just upgraded and I'm still getting this error. It appears to not work for any of the outdated apps, not just membermap. 

Hi

I get this error when I try to open this application in menu. Installation gone with no problems, also in acp I can setup everything. Can you help me?

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 6:44 PM, VR6Pete said:

I would prefer it's done on "location" field as if it's been populated in the users profile then that's acceptance they are happy for their location to be displayed in profile / forum and members map - this would mitigate against privacy concerns  

Users can optionally fine tune if they wish but having a rough location is better than no location. 

I would see that for new users who join and populate the "location" field in the signup form that it automatically adds to member task.

in addition an ACP task that can populate the map for all existing members where the location field has been populated.

Any further comments / thoughts on the above?

thanks.

Ok I have a whopper of a problem.  At 4:08 PM a guest was at my member map.  But they don't have access.  Then my server ran out if memory and I have 5 Gb.  I wasn't aware of this since I was at work.  But now my map won't work.

Ok I now see that the map hasn't worked since at least when it was last accessed by a guest on 04/10/2016 6:40 PM

Now I did update to the most recent version of IPS and never checked the map after so who knows maybe it was down then,

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 2S100/6

Edited by Lab Rats Rule
22 minutes ago, Lab Rats Rule said:

Ok I have a whopper of a problem.  At 4:08 PM a guest was at my member map.  But they don't have access.  Then my server ran out if memory and I have 5 Gb.  I wasn't aware of this since I was at work.  But now my map won't work.

Ok I now see that the map hasn't worked since at least when it was last accessed by a guest on 04/10/2016 6:40 PM

Now I did update to the most recent version of IPS and never checked the map after so who knows maybe it was down then,

I'm going to need ACP access to help you out with this one.

Hi Everyone,

I've installed this and I assume successfully. I can successfully mark my location on the map, however when I come to change my location...

• My Location
  • Update Location
  • You are not allowed to edit your location

Through the ACP I cannot see any options that would prevent this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Ian

Can't install tar file. Had previous version installed on my 3.x board and have a localhost testbed set up with 4.1.10. In the ACP Applications Membermap is listed as an "out of date application" but when I try to upload the tar file I get "We could not find the application your were attempting to update". Do I need to do a new install and if so will I lose all my previous member map records?  

Hi there

I've installed your plugin which is a great idea but every time i open it just to see who's on line i only ever see my self and one more member.

Now i can see in the side on who's on line many members but it still only shows me and one more member even when that member is not on line....?

I'm a little bit lost and how or what i may need to do...

I've also added my "API" key from google.

3 hours ago, Philip Gaines said:

Hi there

I've installed your plugin which is a great idea but every time i open it just to see who's on line i only ever see my self and one more member.

Now i can see in the side on who's on line many members but it still only shows me and one more member even when that member is not on line....?

I'm a little bit lost and how or what i may need to do...

I've also added my "API" key from google.

You either posting in the wrong support topic, or this app doesn't function the way you think.
The members location will not be presented without their consent, meaning they would have to add them selves to the map using the "Add Location" button above the map. And it will not be limited by who's online and who's not. See this site for a real world example

And entering an API key from Google is no good. That will not work. Read the description on that setting again to see where you get your API key from.

On 20.4.2016 at 5:53 PM, P15-D24 said:

I got installed after deleting the old version. Got the Mapquest key installed but get a blank screen. At the bottom does say "Showing  343 markers". 

Suggestions? 

Could you send me the URL to your site? Think the CSS for the map is missing. Going to ACP > Support and tick "Something isn't working correctly" should rebuild the theme caches.

Hi, there. Thanks for all of your work on the Member Map. I hope I'm not about to give you any more!

My site features two languages. I've translated nearly everything for the second language, but the tooltips "Zoom In", "Zoom Out", and "Full Screen" don't seem to be translatable. (I can see the strings membermap_zoomIn and membermap_zoomOut and have translated them, but the text is still displaying as English and there's no string corresponding to "Full Screen", so I'm suspecting they're used somewhere else.)

membermap.jpg

Are these three strings (at the side of the red squares) translatable? If not, could they be made so, or is this out of your hands?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but 84 pages is a bit much to check through! 

How can I import markers from a previous version? This is my database...

Thanks! 

5000031893979136.png

Edited by abetts