Member Map

1 hour ago, bradl said:

Just an idea for possible futures...possibility to have setting for each custom marker group shown/not-shown by default. 

This is such a cool app as it is and being free I feel rude for even thinking of suggestions!

That's an easy one. Will add that in the next version

2 minutes ago, कृष्णा said:

Also some phrases are not language abstracted after upgrade to 3.0.1. 

123123.jpg

The one in the member group settings, right? Forgot that one when I fixed the one in custom marker groups.

3 hours ago, कृष्णा said:

Something with the visible text "Custom Markers" is badly cached I suppose. Because it is showing the Russian language always for all languages (I have 3 languages). test

mm1.jpg

Anyone else finding this kind of strange?

This man is selling a russian translation of this app for 10 USD - while the man actually doing the job with the app gets nothing? This is so wrong.  My opinion..

16 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Anyone else finding this kind of strange?

This man is selling a russian translation of this app for 10 USD - while the man actually doing the job with the app gets nothing? This is so wrong.  My opinion..

The thing would be for the programmer to add these translations in. All he needs to do is solicit for users to submit.

The App is definitely worth supporting with dollars, but for me there needs to be a Pro version available with separate advanced support where advanced features can be requested, and added. There are a multitude of places in the users profile, and other places where Maps data can be plugged in denoting the users location, either by text or map graphic.

On 27.2.2016 at 8:01 PM, कृष्णा said:

Something with the visible text "Custom Markers" is badly cached I suppose. Because it is showing the Russian language always for all languages (I have 3 languages). test

Browser cache. Delete it after you switch language.

4 hours ago, mesteele101 said:

The App is definitely worth supporting with dollars, but for me there needs to be a Pro version available with separate advanced support where advanced features can be requested, and added. There are a multitude of places in the users profile, and other places where Maps data can be plugged in denoting the users location, either by text or map graphic.

I have no intentions to keep two versions of the same app up to date. Why should we spend hours adding features that don't benefit all our users? Do keep in mind that this is sort of a "Community Project". Those who want to can contribute. And if we did do a "Pro" version, how do you suggest we split the income? Just post your suggestions here, here, or here.

I wont comment on the Russian language pack "case".

Now onto something exciting, I'm currently working on moving custom marker management from the ACP to the public side. Regular members will be able to add them, if they have permission. One question from me to you regarding that. Is there a need to be able to comment/review these custom markers? Please explain why.

And it's ready When It's Ready™.

5 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

Browser cache. Delete it after you switch language.

Are you serious?! It is simply not working and may be cached wrongly and the cache is not cleared during the language switch or something similar. I tried Ctrl+r and Ctrl+f5. You can try yourself here. I tried in Comodo Dragon browser. 

Edited by कृष्णा
8 minutes ago, कृष्णा said:

Are you serious?! It is simply not working and may be cached wrongly and the cache is not cleared during the language switch or something similar. I tried Ctrl+r and Ctrl+f5. You can try yourself here. I tried in Comodo Dragon browser. 

Misread your first post. Thought you meant the "Members" phrase, which do change. Custom marker group titles are currently not translatable, but they will be in the next version.

6 minutes ago, .Ian said:

I would say that markers should optionally be subject to approval. Not sure comments are required. 

Mod approval will be added. It'll behave just like any other content, except for a couple of things.

Have some trouble:

IPS 4.1.8.1, membermap 3.0.2

Installation was ok, no errors. Main menu - Member Map added. Permissions for group and users added.

No map option in user profile and EX02 without additional info when Member Map selected from menu (no map display)

Is it necessary to setup some more options?

(on page designer (left menu) - no member map modules)

Edited by MarekM60