Member Map

2 hours ago, Martin A. said:

But you also have to think about those users who don't want their public location exposed. Then this would have to be an opt-in feature, which is kind of pointless as it takes the same amount of time to manually add themselves. So I'm saying no to automatically put users on the map based on their IP address (which is a very inaccurate too). But it's definitely possible to add such a task with a plugin, so you're free to get a developer to make it for you.

I would be willing to put some ££ into a pot for this if anyone else is interested. 

I would prefer it's done on "location" field as if it's been populated in the users profile then that's acceptance they are happy for their location to be displayed in profile / forum and members map - this would mitigate against privacy concerns  

Users can optionally fine tune if they wish but having a rough location is better than no location. 

I would see that for new users who join and populate the "location" field in the signup form that it automatically adds to member task.

in addition an ACP task that can populate the map for all existing members where the location field has been populated.

Edited by VR6Pete
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello !

I'm currently using Leaflet to display a map for a gaming community ( = fictionnal worldmap).
I'm currently looking for give my member the ability to add markers on the map (for exemple, to display their position in the game to other players). I didn't find anything about that with Leaflet "vanilla".

I just found your plugin and my only question is: can I edit some code to use my own, fictionnal map ?

Thank you.

Vianney

6 hours ago, Vianney Gantelmi said:

Hello !

I'm currently using Leaflet to display a map for a gaming community ( = fictionnal worldmap).
I'm currently looking for give my member the ability to add markers on the map (for exemple, to display their position in the game to other players). I didn't find anything about that with Leaflet "vanilla".

I just found your plugin and my only question is: can I edit some code to use my own, fictionnal map ?

Thank you.

Vianney

That should not be a problem. I'd advise you to edit /applications/membermap/interface/leaflet/plugins/leaflet-providers.js. Add your fictional map to the L.TileLayer.Provider.providers object, and it should appear in the Map Manager and alllow you to select it as the only map provider.

13 minutes ago, Lab Rats Rule said:

I can't see the actual page, but the error message is exactly as you describe, 

Sorry__you_do_not_have_permission_for_that_.png

This is caused by the Google Ad. Contact whoever placed that there, as that is not the correct location. If I remove that element, the error message goes back to full width.

Edited by Martin A.
Just now, Martin A. said:

I can't see the actual page, but the error message is exactly as you describe, 

This is caused by the Google Ad. Contact whoever placed that there, as that is not the correct location. If I remove that element, the error message goes back to full width.

I placed the ad there.  Because otherwise the ad is forced by IPS to fit only the width of the topic area.  I like wider ads.  The weird thing is that the ad was always there and the map was fine,  Now it is shrunk,

6 minutes ago, Lab Rats Rule said:

I placed the ad there.  Because otherwise the ad is forced by IPS to fit only the width of the topic area.  I like wider ads.  The weird thing is that the ad was always there and the map was fine,  Now it is shrunk,

In that case, put it inside <div id="ipsLayout_mainArea">. That DIV will behave like that when other DIVs are placed around it, but not inside it. 

You could try to temporarily remove it, just to see if the map goes back to the way it should be, and if the ad is indeed the culprit. 

Edited by Martin A.
26 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

In that case, put it inside <div id="ipsLayout_mainArea">. That DIV will behave like that when other DIVs are placed around it, but not inside it. 

You could try to temporarily remove it, just to see if the map goes back to the way it should be, and if the ad is indeed the culprit. 

Oh it is the ad, I figured it out finally seconds before you posted.   But since it worked right at first, I wonder if it is the online list plugin I bought and just installed.  The problem is deleting the plugin doesn't remove it for me to check. 

Your location shrinks the ad where there is a side block, otherwise I would use the default.  What this also does is skew the width of the page all up also,

Edited by Lab Rats Rule
1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

That should not be a problem. I'd advise you to edit /applications/membermap/interface/leaflet/plugins/leaflet-providers.js. Add your fictional map to the L.TileLayer.Provider.providers object, and it should appear in the Map Manager and alllow you to select it as the only map provider.

Great thank you !

I tried the application and I have a concern: since the markers are placed by 1) IP or 2) Adress, how can I let my member to add Markers on a fictionnal map ? Because IP and real world adresses won't be useful in that case. ^_^

39 minutes ago, Lab Rats Rule said:

Oh it is the ad, I figured it out finally seconds before you posted.   But since it worked right at first, I wonder if it is the online list plugin I bought and just installed.  The problem is deleting the plugin doesn't remove it for me to check. 

Your location shrinks the ad where there is a side block, otherwise I would use the default.  What this also does is skew the width of the page all up also,

Do as I suggested. Move inside of <div id="ipsLayout_mainArea">, instead of above it. 

2 minutes ago, Vianney Gantelmi said:

Great thank you !

I tried the application and I have a concern: since the markers are placed by 1) IP or 2) Adress, how can I let my member to add Markers on a fictionnal map ? Because IP and real world adresses won't be useful in that case. ^_^

That is a good question. The only option currently is to right click on the map, and select "Add Location". You could then skin out the button above the map.

Just now, Martin A. said:

Do as I suggested. Move inside of <div id="ipsLayout_mainArea">, instead of above it. 

But then every page with a right sideblock has messed up widths,  And the ads are smaller.  That's why I had the ad moved in the first place.

Edited by Lab Rats Rule
1 minute ago, Lab Rats Rule said:

But then every page with a right sideblock has messed up widths,  And the ads are smaller.  That's why I had the ad moved in the first place.

Try using <p class="ipsType_center"> around your ad code instead of <div align='center'>. It is the <div> tag that causes all this.

Just now, Lab Rats Rule said:

What do I put at the end of the code for this?

That would be </p>.

<p class="ipsType_center">
  <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
  <!-- Our Beauty Talk Header -->
  <ins class="adsbygoogle"
       style="display:block"
       data-ad-client="ca-pub-7602756242161694"
       data-ad-slot="1272838567"
       data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
  <script>
  	(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
  </script>
</p>

Well, I had already tried the code the way you posted, and it was still skewed.  And nothing was centered also.

But wait a minute....  When I use your center code for the ad, my having the ad code above <div id="ipsLayout_mainArea"> works.  And the map is fine,

Although now I am starting to like the ad placed between the block and left margin where there is a side block now (centered elsewhere).  But that won't work because  IPS won't fix that.

Wow you really know your stuff. ^_^

Edited by Lab Rats Rule
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Martin,

I've upgraded our site to ips 4.1.9 and installed MM ... all worked fine until I've made an error, I've deleted the MM install and could reinstall it ... but all markers (204) from my members are gone.

I've a few backups from IPB 3.4x version ... which file contains those markers? can I copy/paste that file in the 4.1.9 version?

Thanks in advance

Phille

Edited by Phille
8 hours ago, Phille said:

Hello Martin,

I've upgraded our site to ips 4.1.9 and installed MM ... all worked fine until I've made an error, I've deleted the MM install and could reinstall it ... but all markers (204) from my members are gone.

I've a few backups from IPB 3.4x version ... which file contains those markers? can I copy/paste that file in the 4.1.9 version?

Thanks in advance

Phille

It can be done, but it sure isn't easy. If you're able to export the tables starting with "member_map" from your database backup and send it to me, I can run the upgrade routines on it for you. You might have to import your database backup in to a new database first to get those tables.