Radical Tags

4 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

Thank you! I'm on mobile at the moment so couldn't easily pull up the exact page.

@OptimusBain you can find it under Content Discovery and then Search, the button pointed out in the top right in the screenshot above.

It may take a bit of time for this to process depending on the size of your community, and search results will be limited until it finishes.

7 minutes ago, Makoto said:

you can find it under Content Discovery and then Search, the button pointed out in the top right in the screenshot above.

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. Located it and rebuilding the database. Look forward to the updated version of the software. I am guessing that it will force the search index to be rebuilt if the tags are renamed.

My forums are on Advanced Tags and Prefixes 3.1.9.   I need to upgrade to IPB 4.7, so if I were to cut over to Radical Tags what is the best migration path?  Can I migrate over before upgrading to 4.7 (preferred, since Tags and Prefixes doesn't support that).  I'm on IPB 4.2.9.   

Also is there documentation I can read about migrating my Tags and Prefixes set up over?

On 11/22/2022 at 5:39 PM, olyclimber said:

My forums are on Advanced Tags and Prefixes 3.1.9.   I need to upgrade to IPB 4.7, so if I were to cut over to Radical Tags what is the best migration path?  Can I migrate over before upgrading to 4.7 (preferred, since Tags and Prefixes doesn't support that).  I'm on IPB 4.2.9.   

Also is there documentation I can read about migrating my Tags and Prefixes set up over?

Anyone around for supporting this app?   I'm a little concerned since I posted this with no response...also DM the listed person for the app and no response there either.  

Just now, olyclimber said:

Anyone around for supporting this app?   I'm a little concerned since I posted this with no response...also DM the listed person for the app and no response there either.  

Hi,

I strongly recommend to do a test drive in a test environment. We had issues when we upgraded and switched from ATP to RT and it took @Makoto a while to solve the issue (which is maybe now fixed for you too).

Chris

5 minutes ago, CaliPilot said:

Hi,

I strongly recommend to do a test drive in a test environment. We had issues when we upgraded and switched from ATP to RT and it took @Makoto a while to solve the issue (which is maybe now fixed for you too).

Chris

Totally was planning to. But if there is no timely support for this app then I'm not sure it makes sense to pay for it.   At the same time I'm not sure if I have any choice if I want this functionality on my website, short of rolling my own solution.

23 minutes ago, olyclimber said:

If you need help migrating from ATP to Radical Tags, I'd be happy to perform the upgrade for you to avoid any potential issues.

It should work just fine doing it yourself with the latest build if you prefer to go ahead and give that a go however.

7 minutes ago, Makoto said:

If you need help migrating from ATP to Radical Tags, I'd be happy to perform the upgrade for you to avoid any potential issues.

It should work just fine doing it yourself with the latest build if you prefer to go ahead and give that a go however.

Thank you @Makoto ! 

Curious about the path I can take...this from my post above:

7 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

And this resource is only compatible with 4.7.x

1. Disable the existing app
  2. Upgrade to 4.7.x
  3. Get it working as you wish, sans your existing app
  4. Migrate to this resource.

Thanks Nathan...I'm clear on all but the final step.  What do you mean by "migrate to this resource".  I have a lot of info set up using "Advance Tags" that I don't want to lose...a lot of work when into tagging info our site (forums that have been around since 2001 or so) and I don't want to lose that if possible.

Can you do an upgrade to an app that is not functioning/disabled?

You'll need to disable Advanced Tags and Prefixes when upgrading to 4.7

If you can just disable it instead of uninstalling when upgrading IPS, it should keep all your ATP data. There may need some manual work done to migrate afterwards, but I'm again happy to get that taken care of for you.

Just remember to take a backup of everything just in-case any ATP data is lost when you upgrade/incase you're forced to uninstall and not just disable it.

Edited by Makoto
3 minutes ago, Makoto said:

You'll need to disable Advanced Tags and Prefixes when upgrading to 4.7

If you can just disable it instead of uninstalling when upgrading IPS, it should keep all your ATP data. There may need some manual work done to migrate afterwards, but I'm again happy to get that taken care of for you.

Just remember to take a backup of everything just in-case any ATP data is lost when you upgrade/incase you're forced to uninstall and not just disable it.

Appreciate it @Makoto  I will take you up on that offer.  Really my only two key apps are the Tagging and a custom app that has already been updated for 4.7 and is ready to be installed in the same manner.

Now I just need to find the time, but so I'll be in touch with you soon to make sure you are available.

Thanks again!

@Makoto I trust you are doing well.

I would like to suggest a simple new feature to the excellent Radical Tags extension you've created.
Is it possible to add the possibility to CLONE/DUPLICATE a customized tag? I am constantly adding new tags with different colours, and most of the time, the settings are the same. Having the CLONE function would help SO MUCH.

As of now, it's only possible to EDIT and DELETE. The CLONE option would be awesome.

Thanks a lot

Could contain: Mobile Phone, Phone, Electronics, Drawer, Furniture

Edited by OptimusBain
25 minutes ago, Makoto said:

I can definitely try and work this feature into the next release, thank you for the feedback!

Thanks so much. The thing is that when cloning s customized tag, it should let you change the name of the tag. 

Now, when a customised tag is edited, it's not possible to change the tag itself.

Thanks 

On 10/10/2020 at 8:27 AM, Makoto said:

Did you just recently migrate from ATP to Radical Tags? You may have some NULL / empty tag entries in your database if so.

If you can send me a DM and set me up with ACP access I can take a look and get it resolved for you.

You should also be able to click on prefixes to go to the tag search page without issue, if this is not working I'd try running the support tool first and see if this clears up any issues.

Hi. This was an old issue, not sure how it was solved. It's appearing in my Blogs on the admin side. Note that my theme has been fine for years and that I'm on the most recent IPS (currently 4.7.5). Thoughts?

[[Template core/global/forms/autocomplete is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by Giray
39 minutes ago, Giray said:

Hi. This was an old issue, not sure how it was solved. It's appearing in my Blogs on the admin side. Note that my theme has been fine for years and that I'm on the most recent IPS (currently 4.7.5). Thoughts?

[[Template core/global/forms/autocomplete is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could contain: Page, Text

Hey! Sorry you're running into this error again, can you set me up with a temporary AdminCP account send me a DM here by chance? I'll happily take a look at and figure out where the error is coming from 

18 hours ago, Makoto said:

Hey! Sorry you're running into this error again, can you set me up with a temporary AdminCP account send me a DM here by chance? I'll happily take a look at and figure out where the error is coming from 

Done. Check your messages. Thanks!!