Radical Tags

1 hour ago, sadface201 said:

Hi, after upgrading our community to v4.7.8, prefixes no longer appear in our Latest Topics block. I checked our settings and 'Display prefixes on forum widgets?' is still enabled. Our Radical Tags app is up to date.

Hello! Does this issue persists even when using the default IPS template?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this great application. I am using it all the time as a previous application that was used  is no longer supported.

1. One feature that other application did have was a user group ability to only allow certain tags on certain forums for certain member groups.

For example I have some tags that should only be for moderator use, however they show to all me members and members sometimes use these, when they aren't supposed to/allowed to do so. I know I mentioned this in the past but a very long time ago, but would it be possible to add tis feature in a future release? 🙂 

2. Since my upgrade to 4.7 and PHP 8.x, prefixes do not seem to be showing on the sidebar block. I know that they did work in the past, however not sure if that is native with your app or if I got another developer to fix that. Would it be possible to show the prefixes in the blocks / the native latest topics 
widgets that goes in the sidebar?

Many thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, ekforum said:

Thank you for this great application. I am using it all the time as a previous application that was used  is no longer supported.

1. One feature that other application did have was a user group ability to only allow certain tags on certain forums for certain member groups.

For example I have some tags that should only be for moderator use, however they show to all me members and members sometimes use these, when they aren't supposed to/allowed to do so. I know I mentioned this in the past but a very long time ago, but would it be possible to add tis feature in a future release? 🙂 

2. Since my upgrade to 4.7 and PHP 8.x, prefixes do not seem to be showing on the sidebar block. I know that they did work in the past, however not sure if that is native with your app or if I got another developer to fix that. Would it be possible to show the prefixes in the blocks / the native latest topics 
widgets that goes in the sidebar?

Many thanks in advance 

Thank you, I'm glad you're finding the application useful!

I can look into adding this as a feature in a future release, though I unfortunately don't have an estimate when that will be at the moment.

Regarding your second question, under the Radical Tags application tab in your AdminCP, there should be a settings page with an option to enable this functionality!

1 hour ago, Makoto said:

Thank you, I'm glad you're finding the application useful!

I can look into adding this as a feature in a future release, though I unfortunately don't have an estimate when that will be at the moment.

Thanks, sounds great!

1 hour ago, Makoto said:

Regarding your second question, under the Radical Tags application tab in your AdminCP, there should be a settings page with an option to enable this functionality!

That's the problem. It is enabled, but still doesn't show in the sidebar widget. 

Could contain: Page, Text

3 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Are you using the latest release from the market board? The application is listed as compatible for 4.7.

I'm running IPS Forums v4.7.3 and attempting to upgrade to 4.7.9 where I'm getting the message. My RT version is 1.10.8

3 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I'm running IPS Forums v4.7.3 and attempting to upgrade to 4.7.9 where I'm getting the message. My RT version is 1.10.8

The application is already compatible with the current IPS build as of 1.11.2. You can proceed with the upgrade and update the RT application to the latest release.

Edited by Makoto
14 hours ago, Makoto said:

Are you using the latest release from the market board? The application is listed as compatible for 4.7.

Yes, and just tried a theme/skin that is for 4.7 incase that was the issue, still doesn't show. No tags appearing in the topic feed sidebar for some reason. 

When the topic feed is on a page and in the centre block position (the large middle one) the tags show absolute fine, but as soon as move the block (native invasion topic feed one) to the right sidebar, the tags disappear. 

• 5 weeks later...

From time to time, I find what looks like corrupted tag entries in this app's ACP area that don't correctly link back to the content item they're on.

Example - in this screenshot, everything that's redacted appears correctly but three entries don't link back to their respective content item:

Could contain: Electronics, Screen, Page, Text, Computer Hardware, Hardware

The "Remove duplicate tags" and "Clear broken/empty tags" tools don't fix these so I suspect my site is hitting a weird edge case. Do you recognize the issue and have a fix for it?

Unrelated, this app is pretty awesome already but I'd like to request a few features that I find myself wishing for:

1. Tag implications: a tag may imply one or more other tags. When a tag with implications is added, all the tags it implies are automatically added as well.
  2. Automatically apply aliases retroactively: after creating an alias, it would be super nice if it was automatically applied to all existing instances of the newly aliased tag(s). Merging aliased tags manually is a bit tedious and error-prone right now.
  3. Improve support for "going back" to search results to make mass-updating tags easier. Two specific changes here would fix what feels like UX bugs right now:
    1. Eliminate the CSRF error that shows after searching for tags in the ACP, viewing a specific tag, then using the browser's back button. Expected result: return to the search results the admin was just looking at.
    2. When the admin reaches a "tag view" from a tag search, make the "Go back to tag listings" button when viewing a tag go back to the same search results they were just looking at (instead of "resetting" the search).
  4. An option to make a saved action remove specific tags, complementing the option to make a saved action add tags.
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Squad Games said:

Hi there @Makoto, I purchased this and planned on using it on my forums with version 4.6.12.1 - which the description of the plugin says this supports but I am unable to download or install it. How can I go about getting this installed? Thanks.

You should be able to install it from the Marketplace section of your forums AdminCP. Downloading applications from the marketplace to your hard drive and uploading them manually is no longer supported, everything is done within your AdminCP without the need to download anything yourself.

If you are running into any errors or issues installing the application this way, let me know what errors you're seeing/where you're getting stuck and I'll be happy to help!

• 1 month later...

I noticed that when I change the tag name, it is no longer provides a searchable link to all the same tags.  In other words, when I click on the tag it does not display the all the similar tags that have been modified.  Can you fix this?

Why doesn't the edit change the search as well?

Edited by GoGators
1 hour ago, GoGators said:

I noticed that when I change the tag name, it is no longer provides a searchable link to all the same tags.  In other words, when I click on the tag it does not display the all the similar tags that have been modified.  Can you fix this?

Why doesn't the edit change the search as well?

This is a bug in the current release, it can be fixed by rebuilding the search index but should be fixed in an updated release.

Regarding converting prefixed to tags, there is a function to convert tags to prefixes but I'm not sure if you can easily convert prefixes to regular tags at the moment. I'll see if that is something I can add.

1 hour ago, Makoto said:

This is a bug in the current release, it can be fixed by rebuilding the search index but should be fixed in an updated release.

Regarding converting prefixed to tags, there is a function to convert tags to prefixes but I'm not sure if you can easily convert prefixes to regular tags at the moment. I'll see if that is something I can add.

Well, I hope it is in the next patch.  Thank you for responding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi

I upgraded my forum PHP 7.4.3 to PHP 8.0.29 ; Forum software is Version 4.7.1, redtag app 1.10.4 (10026)

and the forum crashed because the app doesn't compatible with PHP8 SERVER.

When I reviewed the logs, i saw that the app is one of the incompatible apps.

I want to upgrade the app, buy it block on the marketplace.

what should i do? @Makoto

C:\Users\\Desktop\Forums upgrade!!!\SOS\radtags\hooks\C_GalleryModulesFrontBrowse.php (1 hit)
    Line 56:                 $images = \IPS\gallery\Image::getItemsWithPermission( array( array( 'image_album_id=?', $album->id ) ), NULL, 0 );
  C:\Users\\Desktop\Forums upgrade!!!\SOS\radtags\hooks\C_HelpersTableContent.php (1 hit)
    Line 120:      * @param    bool|null                $includeHidden        Flag to pass to getItemsWithPermission() method for $includeHiddenContent, defaults to NULL

• 4 weeks later...