Tournaments ( Support Topic )

17 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Of course, however last place can challenge 2nd last place or within a set range. Otherwise they can’t climb the ladder, any new joins are automatically last place in the ladder. 

I was thinking the same. In FPS gaming world, problem is availability.  At present, we use Discord for live challenges and it gives points on each win. Any X team can challenge any Y team. With that as soon as team X accepts the challenge, they can play and on each win score point increases. Higher ranks get less +ve points when they win over smaller ranking team and smaller ranking team looses less -ve points. 

It would be nice if team X can challenge team A, B and C all together with different date and time. Each challenge gets auto expire after XX days. This way admins can tweak directly based on feedback from players. 

Edited by AlexJ
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, please can you add feature, maybe a widget, that work as live counter of a basketball game? 

In the school when realize basketball game, normally use papel or table to note the current points obtained by both teams, I think is amazing if we can take note instantly through a widget, then all members, inclusive guests, can know the current result by visiting, or staying in our website. 

Maybe we call it arbitration widget? 

Maybe more than instantly game result, we can add ability adding a fault, change players etc. 

In other word, make our game Live. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, NaisA- said:

I don't know what else I can do. I did make it so the button appears without the IF statement by adding it on line 45.

Sorry I must of missed this, Don't edit nothing in the templates otherwise when you update it won't update edited templates with newer versions, you will need to restore and re-edit each time, When you are creating a tournament are you creating one with a team or without and also when joining do you have a team created? you need a team to join a tournament

5 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Sorry I must of missed this, Don't edit nothing in the templates otherwise when you update it won't update edited templates with newer versions, you will need to restore and re-edit each time, When you are creating a tournament are you creating one with a team or without and also when joining do you have a team created? you need a team to join a tournament

I only edited the template to see if the button itself would show up. It seems it's not recognizing $tournament->canJoin, so the button won't show up.

I currently have two teams created, one is owned by me and the other is owned by another account. When I've created a tournament, I've tried both adding my team first and the other team as well. While that team may be in the tournament, no one else can join with their team.

@TheJackal84 

On 9/23/2019 at 12:10 PM, TheJackal84 said:

you need a team to join a tournament

Unless I'm missing something, you can't "join" a tournament, you can only be invited to join a tournament? Surely a team should be able to request to join a tournament, it should sent the tournament creator a request who will accept or decline the request? If there a no available teams left within the tournament, a default message of "sorry tournament is full" should be sent or something similar?

On 9/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, NaisA- said:

would you be able to look into why teams cannot join tournaments?

This really needs to be addressed to make it workable.

1 minute ago, craigf136 said:

@TheJackal84 

Unless I'm missing something, you can't "join" a tournament, you can only be invited to join a tournament? Surely a team should be able to request to join a tournament, it should sent the tournament creator a request who will accept or decline the request? If there a no available teams left within the tournament, a default message of "sorry tournament is full" should be sent or something similar?

This really needs to be addressed to make it workable.

Update is coming today with it all sorted and a couple new features, been working on this all day yesterday :biggrin:

Updated to 1.0.7

New Features

• Tournament creators or moderators with permissions can now manually add teams to their tournaments
  • You can now click on a team in the tournament and it will show their journey through the tournament by highlighting all their matches
  • Re-wrote some of the tournament html pages to make them smaller while giving the same features ( always better to shorten the code )
  • The join tournament button will now pulsate 3 times attracting members to look at it :D

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the bug where it might not allow some teams to join tournaments

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by TheJackal84