Tournaments ( Support Topic )

5 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

Pre-sale question -

How we do mark the team has won out of 2 teams? If their anyway we can upload sreenshot or files after the match? So basically scores are left and then declare winner?

the tournament creator has control over the scores and admins / moderators with edit permissions, for proof etc you can use the comments on the tournaments, after the match the person can screenshot the result then embed it into the tournament comments, them comments etc work excatly like these comments with the editor and everything

Edited by TheJackal84
5 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

the tournament creator has control over the scores and admins / moderators with edit permissions, for proof etc you can use the comments on the tournaments, after the match the person can screenshot the result then embed it into the tournament comments, them comments etc work excatly like these comments with the editor and everything

Thank you for quick reply. Do you mean the comments highlighted in SS?  Also how does timeline looks? Ex  I can see teams and such .. in below screenshot but is their any chart which shows which team will be competing against which team? 

Also is their any option to challenge the teams? Example - 

1. Team A challenges Team C. Challenge is approved on proposed date - it shows up in Challenge ladder. Each time you win, you keep going up using ELO and when higher rank team looses, they loose the points? A page where top 10 teams are shown? 

image.thumb.png.0d4423d11e94e5efd5187026d2e94828.png

14 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

Thank you for quick reply. Do you mean the comments highlighted in SS? 

yeah they are the ones

Also how does timeline looks? Ex  I can see teams and such .. in below screenshot but is their any chart which shows which team will be competing against which team? 

once all teams have joined the tournament, the creator will click to start it and in that tournament the last 16 bit will fill up with matches pitting teams against each other ( randomally ), then the winners will progress to the next round, and so on, there is another tournament like english football leagues where it keeps a table awarding points and the teams will face off either once or twice depending the tournament they created

Also is their any option to challenge the teams? Example - 

1. Team A challenges Team C. Challenge is approved on proposed date - it shows up in Challenge ladder. Each time you win, you keep going up using ELO and when higher rank team looses, they loose the points? A page where top 10 teams are shown? 

The new update coming includes ladder tournaments what will allow challenging, check this post

all teams have a skill using the elo rating but it is overall and not per tournament

Edited by TheJackal84
13 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Looks good, chomping at the bit to test. Any ideas as to when it’ll be ready

With-in a couple of hours it should be released, just doing the last few checks

5 hours ago, kmk said:

What about tournament of chess and others individual sports? Can I set for this skin tournament without team configuration? 

Updated to 1.0.5

New Features

• Added Ladder tournaments
    • Choose from either 6 Teams, 10 Team, 15 Team or 21 Team tournaments
    • Once all teams have joined and the tournament is started it will calculate the order of the ladder by the teams skill with the highest being in 1st place
    • Teams can only challenge other teams who are within 1 tier of them ( example if the team is in teir 3 they can challenge teams in tiers 2 and 4 )
    • Team owners will receive a notification when receiving a challenge from another team
    • If a team rejects a challenge it will show publicy they rejected it
    • Users who sent the challenge have the ability to remove their challenge request ( this is for if another team is ignoring their challenge )
    • Once a team owner sends a challenge they can not challenge another team in that tournament unless it gets rejected / removed or accepted and then the game and been played ( This is not to confuse the placing of the teams )
    • Once a challenge has been sent and then played, the challenger will not be able to challenge that team they just played until they play another team first
  • Changed the joined teams tables in the tournaments to use the tournament stats for wins, loses, draws and their win %, instead of their overall stats
  • Added a create tournament button to the teams homepage
  • Added a create team button to the tournament index page
  • Added the ability to create tournaments without having to add a team to it
  • Added the ability for tournament creators ( or moderators with edit permissions ) to replace teams in tournaments
    • When replacing a team, if that team has played say 3 matches they will not lose their stats from them 3 matches on their teams stats, BUT it will show the newly added teams name on them 3 matches of the tournament itself, the newly added team will not gain the stats from them 3 matches either
  • Added the ability for team owners ( or moderators with edit permissions ) to change a teams owner to another member
    • As well as changing the owner they have 2 more options
      • Leave the team completly
      • Stay on as a team player

Thank you for quick replies. @TheJackal84 - is their anyway we can try the demo? I mean through ACP and front end? I registered on your site yesterday to try it out but I didn't got any option to manage it or see it's full feature except front end. Would like to try it out before i go ahead for purchase. If it's 20 bucks, i wouldn't ask for try out but it comes with higher cost so i want to make sure, I can try out first and then purchase. Saves time for both parties. Thank you, once again!

34 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

Thank you for quick replies. @TheJackal84 - is their anyway we can try the demo? I mean through ACP and front end? I registered on your site yesterday to try it out but I didn't got any option to manage it or see it's full feature except front end. Would like to try it out before i go ahead for purchase. If it's 20 bucks, i wouldn't ask for try out but it comes with higher cost so i want to make sure, I can try out first and then purchase. Saves time for both parties. Thank you, once again!

I don't have a demo site for ACP access etc, the ACP is simple, imagine creating forums, thats what you would do but they are categories for tournaments instead, most of the app is done by tournament creators and moderators with edit permissions for the categories

8 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Just out of curiosity @TheJackal84, you chose a pyramid style rather than the standard ladder system.

Any particular reason for this? You seem to be limiting the amount of teams that can enter and will eventually cause style issues?

Haven’t updated yet and may be a moot point.

One big ladder looked ridiculous placed in the middle, there was 3 ways I looked into doing it and this way was the best looking

1st is horrible looking and would use a big page for a tiny ladder what would just be long

spacer.png

2nd looks so much better

spacer.png

3rds good but I think 2nd is better as it place number 1 on top

spacer.png

I have the 3rd one too wrote up to 15 teams but quit that and went for the 2nd

You should still update anyway even if you dont want to use them tournaments I can tell you how to manually remove the option from being picked when creating a tournament

Edited by TheJackal84

It’s more the 21 team limit which is the issue, I do prefer option 1 over 2 tbh. People are more accustomed to the traditional ladder system. I have installed it and will give some feedback in due course.

Thanks for the addition though, appreciated.

Edited by craigf136
25 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

It’s more the 21 team limit which is the issue, I do prefer option 1 over 2 tbh. People are more accustomed to the traditional ladder system. I have installed it and will give some feedback in due course.

Thanks for the addition though, appreciated.

21 teams can be raised, I think it's about 55 teams what I had worked out for holding, but bare in mind the amount of posts with asking for it this week / wanted it now to start, and when it will be released etc, so 21 teams was the max I was doing if it was to be released this week

26 minutes ago, mrbowers said:

Thanks for all your hard work on tournaments! Doing great job, wish I could respond to some of these interesting reviews. 😡

reviews are reviews like everywhere, 2% of people will leave a review if they like what they are reviewing, 90% of people will leave a bad review if they got a issue, and 95% of the 90% will leave a review before they try any support 😀

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ufshane said:

Ok we have just added this for the ladder function and immediately we are receiving feedback about the pyramid vs a standard ranking system. And when I say started receiving feedback, it was within a minute on our discord...

Let me know ideas if they have any, Not everything can get done of course but I am always happy to here ideas to make things better

AND DISCORD!!!!!!!! thats so old school, keep them on your site, dont share your traffic with others

Edited by TheJackal84

Yeah we will probably continue using discord as it is completely integrated with our site, they have to be a member to access discord and the gaming community we are focused on are very heavy on discord.

Thank you though that does look pretty good.

Really need a proper ladder, rather than a pyramid. The pyramid is not being received well with the staff & I presume with the users as well. Maybe you can introduce this as an option, show ladder as pyramid or traditional ladder. 

A ladder is not restricted in the amount of entries a pyramid is. 

10 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Really need a proper ladder, rather than a pyramid. The pyramid is not being received well with the staff & I presume with the users as well. Maybe you can introduce this as an option, show ladder as pyramid or traditional ladder. 

A ladder is not restricted in the amount of entries a pyramid is. 

The ladder and pyramid are the same things just displayed differently, I will make a normal ladder if you wanted with just a long list of teams but it can't be any amount can join, a ladder needs stages 1st stage having the number 1 place,.... 2nd stage has 2nd & 3rd,.... 3rd stage holds 4th 5th 6th and so on, without stages then someone in last place can challenge the person in 1st and thats not ( from what I seen ) how a ladder tournament works

49 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

The ladder and pyramid are the same things just displayed differently, I will make a normal ladder if you wanted with just a long list of teams but it can't be any amount can join, a ladder needs stages 1st stage having the number 1 place,.... 2nd stage has 2nd & 3rd,.... 3rd stage holds 4th 5th 6th and so on, without stages then someone in last place can challenge the person in 1st and thats not ( from what I seen ) how a ladder tournament works

Of course, however last place can challenge 2nd last place or within a set range. Otherwise they can’t climb the ladder, any new joins are automatically last place in the ladder.