Tournaments ( Support Topic )

On 1/11/2019 at 12:01 PM, Jombi said:

When i installed this Application, i can not view the page on the front end. It says i have to log in in order to view the page. I am logged in as Admin, and permissions are set via Tournament/team permission setup.

Send me a PM with login details and I will check it out

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2018 at 3:11 PM, TheJackal84 said:

Not charge a fee, you can award points for winning in each round though, I could add it to a update when you can charge points for tournaments etc and even have a pot where it costs say 100 points to enter then they go into a pot and the winner takes it all

Is this implemented? I can't find in notes in download section. Can you please confirm? Thank you

Hi, thanks for the app and I have some ideas

1. Quick match: select teams and it will generate sideA and sideB (if there is ready 6 teams it will be 3vs3 if 7 teams 3vs4) and keep statistics

2. Type of tournament where first groups contains 4 players, where each player play with everyone in the group. Best 2 continues and after its single elimination.

On 2/20/2019 at 11:17 PM, AlexJ said:

Is this implemented? I can't find in notes in download section. Can you please confirm? Thank you

Not yet this was a update for 4.4 so no one had to wait to update thier board / app, it is something I am currently working on though

On 2/21/2019 at 4:56 AM, mardiv said:

Hi, thanks for the app and I have some ideas 

1. Quick match: select teams and it will generate sideA and sideB (if there is ready 6 teams it will be 3vs3 if 7 teams 3vs4) and keep statistics

2. Type of tournament where first groups contains 4 players, where each player play with everyone in the group. Best 2 continues and after its single elimination.

Can you describe what you mean a little bit better? I don't fully understand, also when you say players so you mean teams or players?

2 hours ago, mardiv said:

Hi, some language strings are wrong.

participating

in tournament table: position in black circle, and gp, w, l, d, sf, sa, pts,

in tournament: Quarter Finals, Semi Finals, Final

Thank you

I will sort it for the next

Sorry, i try to explain better

1.Once per week i play with guys small fotbal.  sometimes is 6 of us, sometimes 11, so we play 3vs3 or 5vs6......Each time we draw randomly.  Is possible, if every player will create own team and join tournament, will it draw us into two sides? And keep statistics for each player/team (when one side win all teams will have win in stats)

2. i play tennis

and again every player will create own team.......

there will be  16 teams draw into 4 groups of 4 teams,

in the group play everyone with everyone.

best two of each group (total 8 teams) continue with guick elimination

3th and 4th of each group (total 8 teams) continue with quick elimination

3 is it possible to lock the team for one player only?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, kmk said:

I try to create a category, which is the recommended image size? better for desktop, mobile view and server load and speed.

try 50x50 remember you can compress images etc online to make them smaller in size ( less to load )

4 hours ago, kmk said:

Is a bug? when I create a tournament, there is automatically get my email as the tournament name...and not possible change it.

I have never seen a site with as many problems 😀 Send me a PM with login if you can and I will check it out, the app don't have anything inside related to members emails so I will need to see it in action

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We're having an issue.
Someone deleted their team.
But was part of a tournament, and now it's showing an error.

Anyway to fix this?

[[Template tournaments/front/tournament/teamsJoined is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
53 minutes ago, TimTheMiles said:

We're having an issue.
Someone deleted their team.
But was part of a tournament, and now it's showing an error.

Anyway to fix this?

[[Template tournaments/front/tournament/teamsJoined is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was able to fix this myself, just re-made the tournament and manually re-added all the teams.
But is it possible to have the option to remove teams in the future? 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2018 at 7:09 PM, TheJackal84 said:

It don't seem to be that popular of a app, everyone wanted it until it was made lol

Yeah the widgets do come in handy plus you can put them anywhere in the website what will link them to the tournaments etc, another one will be like a featured widget for all the featured tournaments

I think it would be more popular if the price was lower and the renewal. I appreciate the hardwork that goes into making these but the price is a bit prohibitive.

11 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Was looking to demo this buts it’s broken on your site @thejackal

I will look into that today, it looks like its something on the global template on the site throwing a error

10 hours ago, craigf136 said:

I think it would be more popular if the price was lower and the renewal. I appreciate the hardwork that goes into making these but the price is a bit prohibitive.

to be fair, the code in that was a killer and took ages to write, it was my biggest code at the time of writing it and to get it to create the league tables and matches with the likes of 20 teams totaling 380 games needing to be created what are unique and home & away etc is not that easy to do, then it needs to be done for the rest lol

On 5/24/2019 at 2:43 AM, TimTheMiles said:

Was able to fix this myself, just re-made the tournament and manually re-added all the teams.
But is it possible to have the option to remove teams in the future?

I'll look into that this week mate

Ok bought the app, looking good so far. Couple of points to highlight.

1: If you had the old tournaments app installed, it will be an out of date application. Delete it or this will not install as the system thinks it is already installed. It’s not an upgrade.

2: You may need to remove Db tables referring to the old tournaments system, I did as a precaution.

3: You need to supply a user guide and install instructions in the download, not everyone is as “tech savvy” as others and will need some direction.

4: User guide, it’s becoming apparent on what to do etc. but a little bit of guidance wouldn’t go a miss. It’s a premium addon, it should be there.

5: Why have main menu tournaments and then a sub menu teams? You could simply add buttons for add category and add team side by side.

6: landing page, where it can be edited to advise players etc. of the the tournament rules and so forth.

This is just minor feedback at present @TheJackal84 but looking a good app so far 👏👏👏

Edited by craigf136
6 hours ago, craigf136 said:

1: If you had the old tournaments app installed, it will be an out of date application. Delete it or this will not install as the system thinks it is already installed. It’s not an upgrade.

2: You may need to remove Db tables referring to the old tournaments system, I did as a precaution.

I been here for just over 2 years and have never seen another tournaments app, I know there was on for 3 but never seen it etc so can't help with anything to do with that 😀, no one should have a v3 app in their application list on 4, if they ain't updated by now then it is more than likely it will never get updated so they all should be gone anyway

3: You need to supply a user guide and install instructions in the download, not everyone is as “tech savvy” as others and will need some direction.

Yeah guides etc is something that I ain't done, if you ever need help etc I am here though and will message back as soon as I can

5: Why have main menu tournaments and then a sub menu teams? You could simply add buttons for add category and add team side by side.

Do you mean the nav tabs? you can move them and add more via the menu manager in the ACP, you could create your own add tab to it if you create a url tab

6: landing page, where it can be edited to advise players etc. of the the tournament rules and so forth.

I could probably add a button to the index page and a setting in the ACP where you can create like a set of rules etc then they will show via the button on the index page / landing page

7 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Ok bought the app, looking good so far. Couple of points to highlight.

I made the old one (got slowed up finishing it for 4.x and haven't yet released publicly.)

More than likely it will be a bit involved undoing it because I think this app uses the same app key.

edit: Oh I realize now you said you already got this other one installed, so you must have done what you need to.

For others, I think mainly you just need to delete the row in the core_applications table that has tournaments for app_key and then I think when installing this app you can set it to automatically dropt ables that have the same named, but you might as well just drop/delete all tournaments tables beforehand. It probably won't hurt much leaving the lang but rows or setting rows.

Also, the members table had some columns added, which don't have to be dropped, but could be. In my 4.x one I moved them to a new table.

Would obviously be easier to use an uninstaller, but since I haven't publicly released a 4.x version yet, there wouldn't be a way to do it that way yet.

Edited by Midnight Modding
48 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Do you mean the nav tabs? 

No the actual buttons on the page for teams, you have add teams, on tournaments you have add tournament. 

It would be more intuitive to have add team and add tournament side by side.

The old app was in my applications folder on server and it was an out of date app in applications acp.

26 minutes ago, Midnight Modding said:

I made the old one (got slowed up finishing it for 4.x and haven't yet released publicly.)

I know, been waiting on the release but we have a planned tournament coming up with ad sponsors and needed a solution.

Sorry. Had no idea you had it on the roadmap again.