Tournaments ( Support Topic )

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

No the actual buttons on the page for teams, you have add teams, on tournaments you have add tournament. 

It would be more intuitive to have add team and add tournament side by side.

The old app was in my applications folder on server and it was an out of date app in applications acp.

I know, been waiting on the release but we have a planned tournament coming up with ad sponsors and needed a solution.

Sorry. Had no idea you had it on the roadmap again.

yeah, sorry about that. I really did want to get it done long, long ago. I was mainly posting, though, to tell how to get enough of it removed where this one will work, but then realized you already did it.

Just bought the app and excited to use it. Hoping to give it a proper use very soon and some feedback @TheJackal84 🙂

Unfortunately come across a major sticking point at the first hurdle which someone asked quite a while back and you mentioned you'd be adding it but not sure when. I run and organise tournaments and grouping up, but in order to create a tournament I have to be in a team before I can create one. Created a test team with me in it to start creating one and its asking for me as a team to enter it?

I geniunely believe I won't be on my own with this, as a lot of people like to organise tourneys for their community rather than being in a team. Yes, i'll hopefully play in some but clearly not in all of them and the only way to get people involved is to create the tournament firstso it can be promoted.

Really hope an update can be done soon on this as its a dealbreaker for me and i'd expect future backers too. Apologies it feels slightly negative as I've not had chance to use any of the features yet. rest assured i'll be updating it with a review when I can get everyone to use this.

I've noticed you're a damn good developer so fingers crossed its an easy update to make.

20 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Unfortunately come across a major sticking point at the first hurdle which someone asked quite a while back and you mentioned you'd be adding it but not sure when. I run and organise tournaments and grouping up, but in order to create a tournament I have to be in a team before I can create one. Created a test team with me in it to start creating one and its asking for me as a team to enter it?

Yes I will do this for a update, I am working through updates this week so if all goes OK should be this week some point it gets released

14 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Yes I will do this for a update, I am working through updates this week so if all goes OK should be this week some point it gets released

That is brilliant, thanks for getting back so quickly. Really can't wait to use this now! Looking forward to the update 😄

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

Let me see what it would require etc and I'll get back to you

Superb, I’m being harassed for a quick turnaround for the next DLC drop. We obviously want to have it implemented and live by then and obviously tested and bugs reported/fixed etc.

DLC drops tomorrow 😜 😂 (kidding, about 4 weeks time), talking a fortnight max?

54 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

DLC drops tomorrow 😜 😂 (kidding, about 4 weeks time), talking a fortnight max?

honestly couldn't say mate, could take an hour could take a week etc it will all depend how to code will be, but I will look into it this week, I will be releasing a update in a couple of days so it probably won't be in that as it is a little one with just a couple things extra in there ( I am currently doing 5 updates in total atm just mixing through them bit by bit ) and don't want to hold it off incase that could take a while

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That is brilliant, thanks for getting back so quickly. Really can't wait to use this now! Looking forward to the update 😄 

spacer.png

Edited by TheJackal84
On 6/3/2019 at 11:13 PM, TheJackal84 said:

honestly couldn't say mate, could take an hour could take a week etc it will all depend how to code will be, but I will look into it this week, I will be releasing a update in a couple of days so it probably won't be in that as it is a little one with just a couple things extra in there ( I am currently doing 5 updates in total atm just mixing through them bit by bit ) and don't want to hold it off incase that could take a while

spacer.png

That's a great update to hear and see it this quickly. Looking forward to updating in a few days and seeing how this bad boy works! 😎

On 6/3/2019 at 6:49 PM, craigf136 said:

need ladder feature asap. Do you have this in mind anytime soon? If not, can we strike a deal for a fairly quick turn around?

See this ladder tournament, I been thinking about it and the way I will try to do it is,  Create a ladder tournament, once all teams are entered in it we will generate the ladder, The ladder will be ranked by their current points rating ( If they aint played a match it will be default 1200 ), It will be a tournament where they can challenge teams X places higher ( X being set by the tournament creator ) if they beat that player they will change positions with them, and it can last forever without ending. How does that sound?

Staff would need to confirm the tournament as ready for the ladder tournament to appear, whether 2, 4, 6, or 8 teams etc. have entered. I would be looking for option to end after x amount of games played for example as a setting, or continues ladder tournament or end after set date. Never ending is good, but if someone wants to join the ladder tournament, the ability to join an existing ladder tournament would be welcome.

Would be handy for world record scores for example, ability to set up a ladder and allow people to join and submit scores but would need to be able to supply evidence via a video, screenshot etc & then be approved. Not necessary at this stage but something for it to be added too in the future?

4 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Staff would need to confirm the tournament as ready for the ladder tournament to appear, whether 2, 4, 6, or 8 teams etc. have entered. I would be looking for option to end after x amount of games played for example as a setting, or continues ladder tournament or end after set date. Never ending is good, but if someone wants to join the ladder tournament, the ability to join an existing ladder tournament would be welcome.

Would be handy for world record scores for example, ability to set up a ladder and allow people to join and submit scores but would need to be able to supply evidence via a video, screenshot etc & then be approved. Not necessary at this stage but something for it to be added too in the future?

I am starting with 6, 10, 15, 21 teams for ladder tournaments ( gotta have neat ladders ), once a team sends a challenge out then they can't challenge until either the challenge is accepted and played or the challenge is rejected, If the challenge is ignored they will have the ability to remove it so they can send another to someone else

With the submitting of scores etc that is all down to the tournament creator, if they want they they can use the comment sections for the users to the embed videos or images etc, they can add it to the tournament description under rules etc that to get your score added you need to post whatever it is you will require

Oh and you will be able to challenge 1 tier above and 1 tier below where you are

Edited by TheJackal84
17 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I am starting with 6, 10, 15, 21 teams for ladder tournaments ( gotta have neat ladders ), once a team sends a challenge out then they can't challenge until either the challenge is accepted and played or the challenge is rejected, If the challenge is ignored they will have the ability to remove it so they can send another to someone else

With the submitting of scores etc that is all down to the tournament creator, if they want they they can use the comment sections for the users to the embed videos or images etc, they can add it to the tournament description under rules etc that to get your score added you need to post whatever it is you will require

Oh and you will be able to challenge 1 tier above and 1 tier below where you are

What kind of timescale are we looking at?

Just now, craigf136 said:

What kind of timescale are we looking at? 

can't say for sure, I spent all day on this today but will have work during the week etc so won't be able to do anywhere near what I done today in the next few days, I still got a few hours left of today anyway so will see how much I can get done tonight, I got 6 and 10 team ones done already so still need to do 15 and 21 but the base of the code is done that is the hard part

On 6/3/2019 at 6:49 PM, craigf136 said:

need ladder feature asap. Do you have this in mind anytime soon? If not, can we strike a deal for a fairly quick turn around?

so this is the how the ladder tournament will look

spacer.png

all the matches and challenges will be in the tab, the little paper plane is a send challenge and will pop up confirming they want to challenge the team

spacer.png

Once challenged it will send a notification to the team owner saying you been challenged blah blah click here to accept or reject, if they reject then it will show public they rejected it, this way the tournament creator can keep tabs if the number 1 place rejects all challenges

spacer.png

if they accept the challenge them tabs will show like the other tournaments where the creator can pick the scores and winners and if the person below wins they will trade places on the ladder, most of the tournament side is done now so just need to do the notifications etc so if all goes well should be released before the weekend

Looks like a neat addition @TheJackal84 for maybe the hardcore competitive types of communities but I personally wouldn't get much use out of it as it still takes the organisation of the actual games to happen more so than the visibility of a ladder.

Any news on this update to the Marketplace? Was really expecting it last week based on your previous reply so allocated some time but couldn't do the setup I wanted to. Be good to know what day this week you could pop it up?

30 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Looks like a neat addition @TheJackal84 for maybe the hardcore competitive types of communities but I personally wouldn't get much use out of it as it still takes the organisation of the actual games to happen more so than the visibility of a ladder.

Any news on this update to the Marketplace? Was really expecting it last week based on your previous reply so allocated some time but couldn't do the setup I wanted to. Be good to know what day this week you could pop it up?

Yeah I got quite a few updates going on at the minute, I been working on this one all week, it is not just the new tournament etc, there is a few new features added and also better coding for other parts, I am hoping to release it at some time tomorrow ( don't help that I broke my toe this morning, 2nd time in about a year looool ) so today I done nothing really, but there is only minor bits left for me to do on it so I will crack on tomorrow as I will be chilling on my sofa 😀

3 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

Yes, one on one, one on many, 3 some...

😂

3 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

I mean joining tournament without being part of a team :rolleyes:

that requires lots and lots of rewriting to the tournaments them self and also the database tables, Don't you think that using a team is better than yourself? You could call your team your username lol, It is something I thought about but will be when I have got nothing else on and also have the time to strip it all down adding the member stuff to the tournaments and telling them apart from teams etc

33 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Yeah I got quite a few updates going on at the minute, I been working on this one all week, it is not just the new tournament etc, there is a few new features added and also better coding for other parts, I am hoping to release it at some time tomorrow ( don't help that I broke my toe this morning, 2nd time in about a year looool ) so today I done nothing really, but there is only minor bits left for me to do on it so I will crack on tomorrow as I will be chilling on my sofa 😀

Ouch. Toes are a nightmare. Why do they always want to hit the corners of sofas?

Appreciate the update and apologies for chasing you down. Its only because I'm eager as hell to try it out and start talking about it (plus i said I was doing it throughout June, my bad 🙈) Looking forward to updating across the weekend then.

22 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

Yes, one on one, one on many, 3 some... I mean joining tournament without being part of a team :rolleyes:

LOLZ. I do see a need for it. Maybe what I see more though with individuals is the need for Leaderboards on specific activities that you could then link into a larger overall Leaderboard. If there was stuff like this for speed runs, time trials, etc. the possibilities could be great for individual competitive fun.

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Ouch. Toes are a nightmare. Why do they always want to hit the corners of sofas?

yeah your not wrong, this time it was the corner of my bed when I just getting up ( It woke me up for the day properly though lol )

Appreciate the update and apologies for chasing you down. Its only because I'm eager as hell to try it out and start talking about it (plus i said I was doing it throughout June, my bad 🙈) Looking forward to updating across the weekend then.

No problem, I do get a bit carried away sometimes and think I can do it all in one go instead of making you all have to update on a weekly basis etc as there is nothing worse then constantly updating for small things, so I try and put more in them

LOLZ. I do see a need for it. Maybe what I see more though with individuals is the need for Leaderboards on specific activities that you could then link into a larger overall Leaderboard. If there was stuff like this for speed runs, time trials, etc. the possibilities could be great for individual competitive fun.

leaderboards etc is something I have in my notes to look at, highest scores / biggest loss / unbeaten run and so on, The tournament stats will be better in this update, currently the teams joined shows all the teams stats, the update will show the tournament stats for the teams in that tournament only and not overall

Can I just check something...as an admin can I also create the teams at all? For instance without me in it? I find that as an organiser if you take the pain away from some people not as used to doing this sort of thing it massively helps - its why I asked a while back for someone to create the functionality of adding and removing members on events because again, behaviour of some means that you have to do that little bit of admin stuff yourself.

If not, I'm going to have to find a way of doing it for them.

11 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Can I just check something...as an admin can I also create the teams at all? For instance without me in it?

the update will allow you to change the teams owner, so if you create a team yourself you will be the owner then you can change the owner to x member and it will replace you with them, Come to think of it, I will add another setting with the option to stay on as a team player, maybe some will want to leave as owner but stay on as a player

13 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I find that as an organiser if you take the pain away from some people not as used to doing this sort of thing it massively helps - its why I asked a while back for someone to create the functionality of adding and removing members on events because again, behaviour of some means that you have to do that little bit of admin stuff yourself. 

Admins and moderators with permission have full control over all tournaments etc so if one is not moving along you or a mod can take control of it and sort the matches etc