Tournaments ( Support Topic )

Make a reservation.
Came to the conclusion that BO1 BO2 BO3 or you can make due account of the match. For example if BO3-specify expense 2-1 in favor of a certain team (get format BO3).

But here is regime with grid losers simply there is no. VERY please, add double elemination mode

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I get this next error when i try to delete a team as an administrator.

#0 /public_html/applications/tournaments/sources/Teams/Teams.php(89): IPS\Content\_Item->can('view')
#1 /public_html/system/Content/Content.php(145): IPS\tournaments\_Teams->canView(Object(IPS\Member))
#2 /public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(847): IPS\_Content::loadAndCheckPerms('2')
#3 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Content\_Controller->moderate()
#4 /public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /public_html/applications/tournaments/modules/front/teams/main.php(37): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#6 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\tournaments\modules\front\teams\_main->execute()
#7 /public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Also: Can you please add an option to use your app for simple 1vs1 matches? We have random community people interested in doing 1vs1 in cs:go without any clans, but i don't know how to use your app for that. We have also 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, which they receive awards and promoted to new member group for certain time. Can this be implemented somehow? Looking also integration with Kevin Carwile Automation Rules app

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm very interested in buying this but I only have one simple question to ask.

Does this app allow to post tournaments for individual players rather than teams? I'm asking this because I like to host fighting game tournaments and it's mostly individual players rather than teams unless I specifically host team tournaments and such for fighting games.

3 minutes ago, Mikuru // X said:

Hello,

I'm very interested in buying this but I only have one simple question to ask.

Does this app allow to post tournaments for individual players rather than teams? I'm asking this because I like to host fighting game tournaments and it's mostly individual players rather than teams unless I specifically host team tournaments and such for fighting games.

It only does teams at the minute but your members could just create a team and only have them self in it and name the team after them self etc

• 1 month later...

ideas:

• possibility remove team from tournament
  • possibility delete the match played or delete the entered results
  • add new tournament field: Tournament admins
  • add new option for single elemination tournaments: BO1, BO3 and this same for final match
  • add for single elemination tournaments match beetween 3rd and 4th team (match beetween losers froms Semi Finals)
Edited by Zdeněk Tůma
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Super news that @Adriano Faria seems to be picking this one up! 🤩

I was hoping that some enhancements could be made at some point around existing functionality could be extended. More specifically, when trying to create knockout tournaments and league (classed as round robin) tournaments, usually we don't have a set number for the league or knockout.

League wise it feels straightforard to have whatever number you like because we have a league running with 13 but i can't now fit it into it because I can only select 12 or 16 teams and I must fill them.

Equally, knockout wise, Iwas hoping that if you don't get the full numbers to get to equal numbers the functionality wants e.g. 7 instead of 8. Couldn't one have a Bye at all?

Hopefully this is pretty logical and just by extending existing functionality would allow a greater number of existing and new people to use this fantastic application.

Edited by GazzaGarratt
4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Anyone here been able to set up a feed for the tournaments at all? Really want to create a block like most apps have a standard one already created but this one doesn't seem to have it. Any thoughts at all?

You mean the blocks (for sidebar, top or bottom)? I just checked and this app doesn't has widgets. Which ones do you missi?

I should work on this app soon and I'll take a look when it's time.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:54 PM, Adriano Faria said:

You mean the blocks (for sidebar, top or bottom)? I just checked and this app doesn't has widgets. Which ones do you missi?

I should work on this app soon and I'll take a look when it's time.

Yes, absolutely widgets because it would be great to share these as part of Pages you can create and also potentially homepages as it would catch the eye of people as the tables are quite cool to look at imo. A quick view of the table in a widget and potentially things like latest games played perhaps? When people check up on things like this in IRL, they would check latest results, latest table standings, maybe even a team to highlight with their latest results perhaps? This makes the community person/people feel valued that their team has some highlighted content too.

We've got a league running right now for fun in our community so I can offer some feedback that i've had to work around and has caused potential hiccups along the way?

Initial feedback so far that we could all do with to make this application even more usable:

• Mobile View - If the team name is bigger than 4 or 5 letters it crosses over the Games Played column in a portrait mode. More people check via phones for a quick glance through the day so may need slight tweaking to make it fit
  • Amending results - this is HUGE. I'm taking extreme care to make sure the results are right because if I type in one result incorrectly and choose the wrong outcome there doesn't seem to be a way of changing that result at all. Could mean all of the work created weeks before is wrecked by one slight slip when clicking an option
  • Number of teams in a league (round robin) - its weird enough I have to use the american terms for these formats 😄 as in Europe (and most other places) this is when everyone plays each other. We had 13 people willing to join in this time round, which meant I had to create N/A teams in 3 spots. I also created 'Test Members' for each one as you can't be in more than 2 teams in a tournament (concept sounds right but it doesn't help if you're setting it up and adding teams in to the league/knockout system to get it going). It should allow me to create a League format with 13 teams or whatever the number is - alternatively at least start the tournament when I have had enough entrants at any given moment could be a good shout.
  • Each team in this league is just one person - so creating tournaments that could just be the member themselves would've been ideal. Feedback previously from others suggests they would want this too. So we could do with the fields such as picture, team name, etc as Optional or one large option to say is this a team or an individual?

That's it so far but if you wanted to see it live and how its looking let me know @Adriano Faria and I can drop you a link.

Outside of these types of tournaments, the only other one we're running but manually is a league format like what Formula 1 do where theres one race per week and you need to capture places and dedicate set points to places. Again all in one type of league. I actually think the logic in this is easier than the above as you aren't working out fixtures but just adding points totals up. Let me know if you want further updates on this too as this could be a superb tool to create and view on this type of software.

• 5 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria we're about to do our next mini racing league in 2-3 weeks so I just thought i'd ask if you think the idea of getting this one in is possible when you start looking at this application at all? This one would be doing it very similar to F1's ideas of each race giving a number of points out and we may even do one where it totals the points up after each round per team/constructor.