External Links Rich Embed [Support Topic]

2 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

Are only those images pulled by the plugin that are marked as meta or og-image? I tested with a site with a lot of images and only the title and text is pulled (I checked to pull every available information)

Aha, yes this is due to the same reason of the 1st point... Content is posted as written content, not IFrame like default IPS content.

14 minutes ago, Phil7789 said:
2 minutes ago, Phil7789 said:

Yes, but as soon as you save the post and you edit it again you cannot move the embedded content anymore. It behaves like it is content you wrote. You would have to cut and paste it to move it.

Yes, I got what you mean, The plugin captures og:image, twitter:image, image meta names or properties... If none of them are found it skips it.

This is better than capturing image randomly from the page.

2 minutes ago, A Zayed said:

Yes, I got what you mean, The plugin captures og:image, twitter:image, image meta names or properties... If none of them are found it skips it.

This is better than capturing image randomly from the page.

I see and I totally agree. Thanks for the clarification 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @A Zayed
So I'm having a problem with this plugin working too well.
Basically my website people post a lot of Youtube Videos and Twitch Streams.
And with this plugin enabled, instead of auto embedding the video player like before.
It's now defaulting to the External Links Rich Embed format.

Is there anyway to force the plugin to not format certain websites?
While still allowing it to auto embed Twitch Streams and Videos?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 6:41 AM, TimTheMiles said:

Hello @A Zayed
So I'm having a problem with this plugin working too well.
Basically my website people post a lot of Youtube Videos and Twitch Streams.
And with this plugin enabled, instead of auto embedding the video player like before.
It's now defaulting to the External Links Rich Embed format.

Is there anyway to force the plugin to not format certain websites?
While still allowing it to auto embed Twitch Streams and Videos?

Hello;

I couldn't reproduce this issue, by the way the plugin has the option to exclude urls from being auto embedded.

image.thumb.png.9483c08d0e7349761442d6f924d24cd9.png

Hello @A Zayed

Can we pay for enhancements of this plugin, achieve minimum below description :

Automatically embed a page content, but all page. Adding parameters that let me choose which elements of the page don't need included in the embedded. 

In the beginning or final of the content box add customizable message like: this is embedded content {if possible automatically obtain the site name}. 

Let disabled the link function of the embedded content box. 

Just now, kmk said:

Automatically embed a page content, but all page. Adding parameters that let me choose which elements of the page don't need included in the embedded.

This request is for scene when the content page contains so much images links or others elements that are not part of the article content. 

On 5/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, A Zayed said:

Hello;

I couldn't reproduce this issue, by the way the plugin has the option to exclude urls from being auto embedded.

image.thumb.png.9483c08d0e7349761442d6f924d24cd9.png

Right, but if we exclude the URL from auto embedding then we don't get an Auto embed at all.
We want the Twitch.TV and Youtube.com URL's to Auto Embed. We just want the Video Players instead of the Rich Embed Format for those Specific URL's.
Is there anyway to exclude the Rich Embed, but still allow Embedding for Specific URL's?

On 5/16/2019 at 1:21 AM, TimTheMiles said:

Right, but if we exclude the URL from auto embedding then we don't get an Auto embed at all.
We want the Twitch.TV and Youtube.com URL's to Auto Embed. We just want the Video Players instead of the Rich Embed Format for those Specific URL's.
Is there anyway to exclude the Rich Embed, but still allow Embedding for Specific URL's?

I really can't seem to reproduce this issue, I think there's conflict somewhere, If possible, could you PM with a list of plugins/apps you have?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I just upgraded my test/development site to 4.4 and I think it's broken External Link Rich Embed.

After I upgraded I noticed that a previously embedded link had broken, so I tried posting another link (from Wikipedia).  The link doesn't embed, and it doesn't post as a clickable link either - it only shows up in a blue font.

When I disable the plugin, the link shows up properly.

On 6/6/2019 at 12:01 AM, liquidfractal said:

Ok, so I just upgraded my test/development site to 4.4 and I think it's broken External Link Rich Embed.

After I upgraded I noticed that a previously embedded link had broken, so I tried posting another link (from Wikipedia).  The link doesn't embed, and it doesn't post as a clickable link either - it only shows up in a blue font.

When I disable the plugin, the link shows up properly.

Just tested the plugin with version 4.4.4 and issues detected.

According to the change log, the hook area not touched in this version.

11 hours ago, beats23 said:

Would you be able to make this app support amazon and Ebay affiliated links?

I've to check if they support oEmbed, if not I'l try to find another work around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 1:45 AM, A Zayed said:
On 6/6/2019 at 2:41 PM, beats23 said:

Would you be able to make this app support amazon and Ebay affiliated links?

I've to check if they support oEmbed, if not I'l try to find another work around.

Any word if this is possible with your app?

21 hours ago, beats23 said:

Any word if this is possible with your app?

Already support eBay, but didn't check Amazon yet...

18 hours ago, beats23 said:

I install plugin but it's not working is see this 

The link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error: error: "Something went wrong. Please try again.".

1342376021_ScreenShot2019-06-23at00_52_55.png.d253b5bbf2005fd617d724828193da02.png

System log error

222920871_ScreenShot2019-06-23at01_12_07.thumb.png.077cfffd3c17a429b3bd00784736688e.png

I can't reproduce this on my local server, Also checked the same url on my server and it works:image.thumb.png.b7431c0ffd6cbe03702e0c6b838a0003.png

Do you have this issue with specific urls? or all urls?

Can you double check one more time for the same url and feedback?

image.thumb.png.b7431c0ffd6cbe03702e0c6b838a0003.png

30 minutes ago, A Zayed said:

Already support eBay, but didn't check Amazon yet...

I can't reproduce this on my local server, Also checked the same url on my server and it works:image.thumb.png.b7431c0ffd6cbe03702e0c6b838a0003.png

Do you have this issue with specific urls? or all urls?

Can you double check one more time for the same url and feedback?

image.thumb.png.b7431c0ffd6cbe03702e0c6b838a0003.png

Yes I get the error with all links. 

I also get this error on a clean 4.4.4 MAMP local install no plugins and no app installed. 

From the system log error can you diagnose what the error code is referring to, 

i tried php 7.3 and 7.2 same error 

Edited by beats23
8 hours ago, beats23 said:

Yes I get the error with all links. 

I also get this error on a clean 4.4.4 MAMP local install no plugins and no app installed. 

From the system log error can you diagnose what the error code is referring to, 

i tried php 7.3 and 7.2 same error

Well, in this case I'd ask for ACP login so that I'd investigate further... please PM me with ACP admin account.

• 1 month later...

Hello @A Zayed, for some reason the plugin suddenly has stopped working. I've updated to the newest version, uninstalled it completely and re-installed it anew, repeteatedly cleaned cache, removed other plugin that that has been added since then - nothing helps. Issue persists on different browsers and accounts. Pasting any link results in following code being generated (here is an example for google).

<a href="https://google.com" ipsnoembed="true">https://google.com</a>

This occurs regardless of the contents of embedding blacklist too. I have no ideas how to fix this, please advise. Oh, and there's nothing in error logs of course.

Edited by Nebthtet
15 hours ago, Nebthtet said:

Hello @A Zayed, for some reason the plugin suddenly has stopped working. I've updated to the newest version, uninstalled it completely and re-installed it anew, repeteatedly cleaned cache, removed other plugin that that has been added since then - nothing helps. Issue persists on different browsers and accounts. Pasting any link results in following code being generated (here is an example for google).

<a href="https://google.com" ipsnoembed="true">https://google.com</a>

This occurs regardless of the contents of embedding blacklist too. I have no ideas how to fix this, please advise. Oh, and there's nothing in error logs of course.

I can't reproduce this issue with the latest IPS version, If possible, please PM me with login details for ACP so that I can find the reason, may be some ACP setting is causing this.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:48 PM, A Zayed said:

I can't reproduce this issue with the latest IPS version, If possible, please PM me with login details for ACP so that I can find the reason, may be some ACP setting is causing this.

What's new in version 1.4.6:

Performance Improvement: Started using IPS\Http\Url that depends on Server Settings and IPS configuration will either use CURL or a Socket Connection as fallback instead of forced native CURL.

This is mainly released to improve performance of the plugin by making it flexible to work according to server configuration after the recent bug report by @Nebthtet