External Links Rich Embed [Support Topic]

3 hours ago, oki doki said:

Hi,

I have just installed this plugin. It is wonderful and essential for every community. However, embedding does not show the picture. How could I fix it? Is it related to user permissions?

Thanks

sam.JPG.72c651624b71a6e5f3bd1a76a7c2fd39.JPG

Could you please check that option in your ACP, it seems you don't allow posting remote images, in this case, the images from remote urls will not show up

image.png.41a3b829cfb10bdc316301c6d4a473e8.png

• 6 months later...

Hello @A Zayed!

Thank you for the plugin. I have it installed. It seems to work, but not for links from our parent site.

Do you know why it wouldn't or can't embed links like this?

https://www.careinnovations.org/resources/telehealth-and-telephone-visits-in-the-time-of-covid-19-sample-fqhc-workflows/

Our community is on a subdomain of this site: community.careinnovations.org

But the parent site has so many pages we want to reference and embed.

Thanks for any help!

Chris

On 3/23/2020 at 10:00 AM, Serayah said:

I'm kinda confused with the image handling. Is there a way to prevent broken external images? 

Thanks in advance @A Zayed

Hi,

Could you please give me a sample url with broken descriptive image?

On 3/25/2020 at 9:39 PM, Chris Conley said:

Hello @A Zayed!

Thank you for the plugin. I have it installed. It seems to work, but not for links from our parent site.

Do you know why it wouldn't or can't embed links like this?

https://www.careinnovations.org/resources/telehealth-and-telephone-visits-in-the-time-of-covid-19-sample-fqhc-workflows/

Our community is on a subdomain of this site: community.careinnovations.org

But the parent site has so many pages we want to reference and embed.

Thanks for any help!

Chris

Hello,

The plugin is basically used for embedding external URLs, the IPS system considers aa.bb.cc and bb.cc have the same base url, then both of them are internal URLs.

I think, you would have better to open a support request with IPS to look into this.

If you need any further assistance please let me know.

Regards,

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2019 at 1:43 AM, A Zayed said:

Everything is going fine here...

image.thumb.png.ec58595a8a139e8b18dfc3dc576e7775.png

Looks like a server side problem, I can gladly support to find out what's wrong in there...

I have same issue with the latest version:

Trying to paste a links from Udemy: https://www.udemy.com/course/ethical-hacking-hacking-real-websites/

But it doesn't changes to the rich ones, other links (not all of them) works properly such as https://www.plesk.com/pricing/

image.png.66b60a49a59214535f5e24dca269e2ff.png

Edited by IceCore
7 hours ago, IceCore said:

I have same issue with the latest version:

Trying to paste a links from Udemy: https://www.udemy.com/course/ethical-hacking-hacking-real-websites/

But it doesn't changes to the rich ones, other links (not all of them) works properly such as https://www.plesk.com/pricing/

image.png.66b60a49a59214535f5e24dca269e2ff.png

It works for me:

image.thumb.png.73651da778e1ef03c8d2da72e63c06fc.png

You have to give it time to load... if still not working, please give me website access so that I can investigate the root cause.

On 5/4/2020 at 6:58 PM, A Zayed said:

It works for me:

image.thumb.png.73651da778e1ef03c8d2da72e63c06fc.png

You have to give it time to load... if still not working, please give me website access so that I can investigate the root cause.

Nothing helps, I think it's related to link that it tries to reach:

https://LINK.com/FOLDER/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=editor&do=validateLink

data:

csrfKey=9de7b7a0dd8304b316cc2f9ea244xxxx&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.udemy.com%2Fcourse%2Fphp-mysql-certification-course-for-beginners%2F%3FcouponCode%3DYOUACCELMAYFIRE&image=false&width=0&height=0

Additional information if help:

DNS: Cloudflaire,

Hosting: Digital ocean,

Control panel: Plesk

Edited by IceCore

I figured it,

I tried a plain cURL HTTP request to the mentioned url and I got server response body as:

error code: 1020

I don't actually know much about this error code, but if googled, it will return tens of results about cloudflare block rules:

Error 1020 is a firewall rule on cloudflare...

It looks that your server IP has been blacklisted on that web site via a custom firewall rule on cloudflare

11 hours ago, A Zayed said:

I figured it,

I tried a plain cURL HTTP request to the mentioned url and I got server response body as:

error code: 1020

I don't actually know much about this error code, but if googled, it will return tens of results about cloudflare block rules:

It looks that your server IP has been blacklisted on that web site via a custom firewall rule on cloudflare

So as I understood, some websites blocked cloudflaire IP with a custom firewall rules? (for example Udemy blocked those websites?)

Why there's some website are working and some don't? if there were a rule, so it should be blocked with all websites if it was on cloudflaire side, or not?

And I checked, I have no rules set in firewall page.

30 minutes ago, IceCore said:

So as I understood, some websites blocked cloudflaire IP with a custom firewall rules? (for example Udemy blocked those websites?)

Why there's some website are working and some don't? if there were a rule, so it should be blocked with all websites if it was on cloudflaire side, or not?

And I checked, I have no rules set in firewall page.

No, the rule is set at the requested website

On 5/7/2020 at 6:26 PM, Askancy said:

when an email notification is sent to me, the oembed image ruins the email layout, Is it possible to limit its size as is done in topic?

image.png

Thank you for your report... just fixed this in the new version:

What's New in Version 1.4.8   

Released Just now

• Bug Fix: Embedded URLs are not properly formatted inside email notification messages, now bare url is posted instead inside email messages.

15 hours ago, Adam Moore said:

Not quite sure what's wrong.

I'm sorry, I must have highlighted this in the plugin description... The plugin is not supporting AMAZON embed in the mean time.

It's planned to be embedded in the future.

I get this error when trying to install the update:

Sorry you don't have the rights!
1S111/1

The URL of page the error occurred on was https:/.../?adsess=oood9en1tcech355pedaln4ns9&app=core&module=applications&controller=plugins&do=doInstall&file=/tmp/IPSHZlhjC&key=c5033c47f2bbf01552e9737d86c2c029&id=1&mr=4

OverflowException::0

#0 /../applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(544): IPS\_Theme::addTemplate(Array, true)
#1 /../system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(92): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\{closure}(Array)
#2 /../applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(946): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Internal), Object(Closure), Object(Closure))
#3 /../system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->doInstall()
#4 /../system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /../applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(43): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#6 /../system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->execute()
#7 /../admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

On 5/7/2020 at 7:48 AM, A Zayed said:

No, the rule is set at the requested website

So what are you saying is that Udemy.com did some FW rule that disables the embedding link from them?

I moved my site from cloudflare, and I still unable to embed links from them, and there are move websites the unable to do it.

Edit: For some reason it started to work again, I think it's related to the SSL side.

What's the prerequisite for a proper set up to make it work? FW rules, which ports should be enabled? PHP version, extensions in PHP to enable?

Edited by IceCore
On 5/12/2020 at 2:50 PM, IceCore said:

So what are you saying is that Udemy.com did some FW rule that disables the embedding link from them?

I moved my site from cloudflare, and I still unable to embed links from them, and there are move websites the unable to do it.

Again, There's a rule set that blocks your server IP from accessing udemy through cURL, What's hard about that?!

On 5/12/2020 at 2:50 PM, IceCore said:

Edit: For some reason it started to work again, I think it's related to the SSL side.

What's the prerequisite for a proper set up to make it work? FW rules, which ports should be enabled? PHP version, extensions in PHP to enable?

I don't think so, There's nothing more than: php5+, cURL enabled + the server you're trying to access doesn't block cURL requests from your IP (Or doesn't block it at all like AMAZON that requires you to use their API).

On 5/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, eskaiter said:

yes

I sent you a message, please check it.