Members Shop ( Support Topic )

@Adriano Faria

Hello. I am writing to you as I found out about two serious aberrations in some functions of Members Shop etc.

Firstly I would like to report the most alarming issue. I discovered a problem reffering to the list of types / sizes of files application allows users to upload as a profile video. I mean the fact - for example - there’s an opportunity to upload files in a format such as BIN with 10 GB file size. What is worse, there is a process of downloading of that for users who visit such a profile. This situation is just risky - you had better fix it as soon as possible.

The second problem - fortunately less serious, but still important - is something like disproportionate frequency of wins in case of „Rock, Paper, Scissors” shop item. Is there a chance to add a convenience of configurable chance of winning (along the lines of mystery boxes)?

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards

adik

Hello,

2 hours ago, adik said:

I mean the fact - for example - there’s an opportunity to upload files in a format such as BIN with 10 GB file size.

Not sure how. Profile Video alone or via Members Shop only allows you to input a video URL. You don't upload videos.

- Members Shop item:

H7SAMbL.png

- Profile Video alone:

AnNGUUh.png

2 hours ago, adik said:

Is there a chance to add a convenience of configurable chance of winning (along the lines of mystery boxes)?

I'll take a look in a future version. No promises. No ETA.

4 minutes ago, modman said:

Hi, can someone show me how to allow a user to buy points with money?

I have recently installed the application and I cannot find the method to do this.

Thank you

1: Enable it: ACP -> Members Shop -> Points -> Settings -> Commerce (green button at the top). Choose the amount, etc.

2: On front end, drag and drop the Members Point widget:

W987LF0.png

3: Members will have to click in BUY POINTS:

bINV0S2.png

4: And choose:

i2fap09.png

They will be redirected to checkout page after submit the form.

15 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

1: Enable it: ACP -> Members Shop -> Points -> Settings -> Commerce (green button at the top). Choose the amount, etc.

2: On front end, drag and drop the Members Point widget:

W987LF0.png

3: Members will have to click in BUY POINTS:

bINV0S2.png

4: And choose:

i2fap09.png

They will be redirected to checkout page after submit the form.

Thanks, I was missing the last part, now I understand.

Is it possible to have a dedicated page for this operation?

I would need to use the link to send it to customers or put it in the site menu.

it is an important function in your application...

EDIT: I have now realized that it is possible to do this by creating a special page through the builder. Thank you

Edited by modman
1 hour ago, modman said:

Thanks, I was missing the last part, now I understand.

Is it possible to have a dedicated page for this operation?

I would need to use the link to send it to customers or put it in the site menu.

it is an important function in your application...

EDIT: I have now realized that it is possible to do this by creating a special page through the builder. Thank you

EDIT AGAIN: 

I created a specific page with only the widget for viewing or adding points inside, visiting it as a guest (who does not have permission to do this) no message is displayed.

Is there any way around this problem?

If I send a mass email to users asking to top up their credit, many of them will not be logged in, so they will see a blank page.

13 minutes ago, modman said:

EDIT AGAIN: 

I created a specific page with only the widget for viewing or adding points inside, visiting it as a guest (who does not have permission to do this) no message is displayed.

Is there any way around this problem?

If I send a mass email to users asking to top up their credit, many of them will not be logged in, so they will see a blank page.

Solved setting the page permissions. Thanks

Just updated to IPS 4.7.2.1, and when I run the Support tool, these System Logs appear as it scans the Members Shop app:

5Eb6HiG.png

They're appearing because we don't have Nexus, Downloads or Gallery on our site so I get why it's happening, though it will be annoying whenever we run Support. We're also not on the latest Shop version yet, so wanted to check if this was something fixed in one of those first.

• 2 weeks later...