News Ticker [ support topic ]

I don't understand the logic of making it free so that you can always support it. I would have thought it would be the other way round – but maybe I have misunderstood something.

Anyway, here's some feature requests:

It would be nice to be able to configure some of the ticker messages as only being visible to certain people – unregistered, site team, ordinary users, people with more than XX posts or people with less than XX posts – et cetera.

• It would be nice to be able to put timers on to some of the messages so that the ticker is less repetitive. So some of the individual messages would appear for an hour every three or four hours and then replaced by another one which would go on for some designated amount of time – et cetera.
  • Colour changes – automated.
  • Date changes – so, for instance, a Christmas message comes up the day before Christmas and last a couple of days. New Year's messages, Valentine's Day messages – everything to be designated by the admin.

The idea is to keep it dynamic so that there is often something new to look at.

If anybody wants to see the ticker working then www.nationalconsumerservice.co.uk

Edited by BankFodder
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bosss said:

@TAMAN how we can disable on apps (have this only on forum index)?

not have on ipsproarcade, gallery, videos...

regards

use the news ticker widgets

you can add multiple news ticker widgets and i think if you add a ips widget in forums, then it will only show in forums 👍

Edited by TAMAN
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...