News Ticker [ support topic ]

• 2 months later...

Just purchased this and tried it out, but I am having issues with it. Once I go into edit the settings, no matter what I set, after hitting Save, the changes I made are not sticking. I go back into edit, and the settings are still set to default.

I uninstalled it, and then tried to reinstall it, and now I am getting this:

A configuration or server error has occurred

3C145/3 Something went wrong. Please try again.
56 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

Just purchased this and tried it out, but I am having issues with it. Once I go into edit the settings, no matter what I set, after hitting Save, the changes I made are not sticking. I go back into edit, and the settings are still set to default.

I uninstalled it, and then tried to reinstall it, and now I am getting this:

A configuration or server error has occurred

3C145/3 Something went wrong. Please try again.

Hi,

I just installed it from marketplace and everything works fine here on latest IPS version 4.5.4

are you using latest IPS version?

have you installed it from ACP marketplace?

...try yo run your support tool to see if you have any issues with your site 

ACP > System > Support > Something isn't working correctly

4 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

I just installed it from marketplace and everything works fine here on latest IPS version 4.5.4

...try yo run your support tool to see if you have any issues with your site 

ACP > System > Support > Something isn't working correctly

Ok, I got it to install again, but I am still having the same issue. No matter what settings I change, then save, the changes do not reflect on the forum, and when I go back to edit, the changes did not stick. Could it be a conflict with another plugin or possibly the theme?

I did run the support tool several times too.

Also when running the support tool I tried to disable all customization, I deactivated all plugins but enabled my theme, I only enabled News Ticker, and it still did not save my settings, or look right on the front end. So could it be a conflict with my theme, Chameleon by IPSFOCUS?

Edited by SC36DC
4 hours ago, SC36DC said:

Could it be a conflict with another plugin or possibly the theme?

So could it be a conflict with my theme, Chameleon by IPSFOCUS?

No. 

8 hours ago, TAMAN said:

11 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Yes I am on the very latest version of IPS, and I did purchase and install it from the Marketplace in the ACP.

Would you be willing to log in and have a look at it? I'd appreciate your help with this, as this is a very much needed feature.

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

Yes I am on the very latest version of IPS, and I did purchase and install it from the Marketplace in the ACP.

Would you be willing to log in and have a look at it? I'd appreciate your help with this, as this is a very much needed feature.

Thank you.

Sure send me a login info 🙂 

UPDATE on the issue I was dealing with.

@TAMAN took the time to have a look at my forum, looked into the issue and resolved it immediately. The issue had nothing to do with his plugin, and was a result of some bad css in my custom.css file, which he fixed for me. The plugin is working and displaying perfectly now.

5 star support, 5 star plugin.

Thank you so much Taman.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, MegaBoosting said:

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but is anyone having issues with the speed of the ticker? Mine is going at a mile a minute, even after trying to manually set the ticker speed to 3.

You can enable the auto speed in the ticker settings 🙂 

2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

You can enable the auto speed in the ticker settings 🙂 

Even after enabling manual slowest speed & automatic speed, the ticker is still moving at lightning speed.

--EDIT--
After switching the style back and forth from the AdminCP, the ticker seems to work fine. Not sure what caused the error.

Edited by MegaBoosting
Error was fixed randomly.

Purchased.

1. I can't seem to slow down this ticker, even when attempting to modify from the front-end. Do you have any recommendations? I set it all the way to 5, and it's still moving at the same speed as when set to "auto speed."
    • Important: As I was playing with the settings, somehow, it slowed down, but only on desktop...it continued moving fast on mobile. Note: I had to "play with it" twice, the first time I noticed a change in speed, it was going RIDICULOUSLY fast, like...ROCKET speed. I quickly re-saved, and it slowed down to the speed I was intended it to go. It still moves quickly (not rocket speed, but quickly) on mobile, so I had to deactivate it for mobile.
  2. Is there a way to keep it from refreshing or starting over when reloading the page? I know that seems like a pretty weird request, but just wondering if that would be possible. 
  3. The alignment/container/padding seems off for a few of the styles, I had to settle on style 6, is that a known issue? I saw it discussed earlier but don't remember any recommended way forward to fix it. Is that fix coming with an updated release? Is it a browser issue?
  4. Thanks for the above-mentioned CSS, it worked to get rid of the lines!

Great product, thanks for your help!

Edited by Joss Leal
Added a note to question 1.
12 hours ago, Joss Leal said:

Purchased.

1. I can't seem to slow down this ticker, even when attempting to modify from the front-end. Do you have any recommendations? I set it all the way to 5, and it's still moving at the same speed as when set to "auto speed."
    • Important: As I was playing with the settings, somehow, it slowed down, but only on desktop...it continued moving fast on mobile. Note: I had to "play with it" twice, the first time I noticed a change in speed, it was going RIDICULOUSLY fast, like...ROCKET speed. I quickly re-saved, and it slowed down to the speed I was intended it to go. It still moves quickly (not rocket speed, but quickly) on mobile, so I had to deactivate it for mobile.
  2. Is there a way to keep it from refreshing or starting over when reloading the page? I know that seems like a pretty weird request, but just wondering if that would be possible. 
  3. The alignment/container/padding seems off for a few of the styles, I had to settle on style 6, is that a known issue? I saw it discussed earlier but don't remember any recommended way forward to fix it. Is that fix coming with an updated release? Is it a browser issue?
  4. Thanks for the above-mentioned CSS, it worked to get rid of the lines!

Great product, thanks for your help!

the news ticker is using css web animation method and the speed of animation is in ms if you put something like 5 in the news ticker manual speed im sure it makes it rocket fast you should add something bigger like 50 🙂 

or just enabled the auto speed. it works fine here when i checked it out i cant reproduce any issues!

2 - Sorry its not possible.

3 - i will check the style settings and fix it for the next update

thank you

1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

the news ticker is using css web animation method and the speed of animation is in ms if you put something like 5 in the news ticker manual speed im sure it makes it rocket fast you should add something bigger like 50 🙂 

or just enabled the auto speed. it works fine here when i checked it out i cant reproduce any issues!

2 - Sorry its not possible.

3 - i will check the style settings and fix it for the next update

thank you

Thanks for your response, @TAMAN!

So, auto speed is still a little fast, and I did play around with the speed; I entered 90, nothing changed, 3 (the lowest), and that was the speed of sound (figured out pretty quickly it was in ms). The speed doesn't seem to change for me, regardless of what I do. Looking at it now, I think it's still going at "auto speed," it just looked slower to me since 3 almost gave me a panic attack 😯.

Any other way you recommend I can fix this? If it helps, I'm using Chrome, is this maybe just a browser issue. I will update this when I can test on Firefox and others. Thanks!

On 1/27/2021 at 10:55 PM, Joss Leal said:

Thanks for your response, @TAMAN!

So, auto speed is still a little fast, and I did play around with the speed; I entered 90, nothing changed, 3 (the lowest), and that was the speed of sound (figured out pretty quickly it was in ms). The speed doesn't seem to change for me, regardless of what I do. Looking at it now, I think it's still going at "auto speed," it just looked slower to me since 3 almost gave me a panic attack 😯.

Any other way you recommend I can fix this? If it helps, I'm using Chrome, is this maybe just a browser issue. I will update this when I can test on Firefox and others. Thanks!

I just checked on chrome and i still cant reproduce any fast issues 

please either use the Auto speed setting or if you are disabling it then use a number higher than 50 not 3

44 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

I just checked on chrome and i still cant reproduce any fast issues 

please either use the Auto speed setting or if you are disabling it then use a number higher than 50 not 3

Ok, well, for me the speed remains the same, regardless of what I put (unless it's something low like 3...). I guess I'll live with it, I just wish you were able to see what I see; I'll remain hopeful that someone has figured out how to get the speed to change (which element of underlying code I would have to manipulate in someway), I prefer it to be slower than it is. However, it isn't "fast enough" to get me to completely get rid of it. Either way, thanks for your product, and I'll continue following for any other updates.

• 4 months later...

@TAMAN

Hi, I've just received notification of the update of this brilliant plug-in.

I tried to update it from the admin CP and I'm very surprised because it tells me that it is a custom installation and that I need to renew the licence.

I don't know why it is marked as "custom". We've been using a long time and it's brilliant but I bought it through the Invision marketplace.

Please can you help me.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

@TAMAN

Hi, I've just received notification of the update of this brilliant plug-in.

I tried to update it from the admin CP and I'm very surprised because it tells me that it is a custom installation and that I need to renew the licence.

I don't know why it is marked as "custom". We've been using a long time and it's brilliant but I bought it through the Invision marketplace.

Please can you help me.

Thanks

Hi,

theres no renewal term you should always be able to download and update

But there are changes in IPS marketplace since a few versions i guess

if your ips license is expired, you can not download and install anything.

i also think that you still need to update your ips in order for the latest version of this plugin to work

Edited by TAMAN

If an application/plugin is 'Custom' but you purchased it through the Marketplace prior to an upgrade to IPS 4.5/4.6 from an earlier version than 4.5 then you likely marked it as 'Custom' during the MP onboarding process.

To get it flipped to Marketplace, log a ticket with IPS support - once they assist, then you can use the MP upgrading process.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Thank you @Nathan Explosion. I contacted Invision support and they have sorted it out and I have downloaded the upgrade.

Now a couple of questions for @TAMAN I'm afraid.

Firstly, the previous version was positioned right at the top of the page. Now it is below the logo et cetera bar.

I suppose there is some code to place it one of the top but I have no idea what it might be. Could you help please?

Second curious thing is that it hasn't implemented the colours. There are HTML colours for each message in the ticker that they are all displaying in grey at the moment.

Got any ideas why that might be?

Thanks

Also, I understand that you can do multiple tickers now. Great news.

Am I able to put one at the bottom of the page with different messages?

Actually I now see at the old version on a test site that there are a lot more positions offered and also styles.

All of this flexibility seems to have gone on the new one.

The spacers are no longer available in fact they made it very much more attractive and stand out more

Edited by BankFodder