Sticky Notes (support topic)

2 hours ago, Chris Anderson said:

I agree with @liquidfractalthat the occasional Hi Folks, here's where things stand every week or so would be appreciated by your customer base. 

And this is especially true because there have been developers here who have simply abandoned customers and in doing so have done their part to erode trust.  I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm consciously scaling back third-party app investments until they prove themselves...learned by experience.

This is why simply saying that "at the end of the day it's the dev's choice" to do what they want, while true, sidelines the very important issue of customer confidence.

Edited by liquidfractal
  • 1 month later...

Brilliant news to have Adriano take over the the support for this application.  

The application is really useful and now that it is getting well supported, people should have no hesitation.

And now here is a feature request! (Sorry AF!!)

For personal notes, how about a notification sound and also a little pop-up at the bottom of the screen to tell people that they've got a sticky note?

It would be nice to have a notification sound which is different to the standard one used on the Board.

Edited by BankFodder

Quick question about signature option. I just purchased it and I don't understand what this is for 

When I start writing in the signature field, it will query the members database, prompting me to choose one as it auto completes. What's the use of this functionality? How does it work?.

Thanks

Screenshot_20210331_120411.png

Just now, Ramsesx said:

Adriano, thanks for taking this lovely app over and updating it for 4.5.

One suggestion I made before was to have an option for the users to delete sent notes in /stickynotes/receivednotes/

I’ll take a look when I have to update it again. 👍

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

For personal notes, how about a notification sound and also a little pop-up at the bottom of the screen to tell people that they've got a sticky note?

It would be nice to have a notification sound which is different to the standard one used on the Board.

This too.

On 6/6/2018 at 9:08 PM, Ramsesx said:

Another issue, it is the same like the anonymous browsing app, if the user is in two usergroups. If the primary usergroup has no permission the second usergroup can't overwrite this.

I want to use this app to give paying members an extra bonus, the paying member group is set as the second usergroup and I can't change that.

Ah, and before I forget it, this would be nice too.

7 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Feito na parte inferior? sim por favor

7 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’ll post a template edit within next hour. 

Open forums -> front -> topics -> post and find:

<li data-ipsQuote-editor='{$editorName}' data-ipsQuote-target='#comment-{$comment->$idField}' class='ipsJS_show'>
								<a href='#' data-action='quoteComment' data-ipsQuote-singleQuote>{lang="quote"}</a>
							</li>

Add below:

{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->SN_Show_Send_Forums }}
								{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->SN_PersonalGroups == 'all' or \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->inGroup( explode(',', \IPS\Settings::i()->SN_PersonalGroups ) )}}
									{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id AND $comment->author()->member_id != \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id}}
										<li>
											<a href="{$comment->author()->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'senddirect' )}" base="front" data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-modal="true" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang='SN_sending_sticky_note'}">
														{lang="SN_TopicSend"}
											</a>
										</li>
									{{endif}} 
								{{endif}}
							{{endif}}

20 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 2.3.2

• Fix: error when editing member's preferences on Admin CP profile
  • Fix: adjustments in templates
  • Removes copyright from front-end and from settings
  • Changes in background to meet new marketplace rules

Let me just say that I had given up on this app until just now, when I saw that Adriano had taken it over.  Yay!  I can install and use it with confidence now. 🙂

11 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Open forums -> front -> topics -> post and find:

<li data-ipsQuote-editor='{$editorName}' data-ipsQuote-target='#comment-{$comment->$idField}' class='ipsJS_show'>
								<a href='#' data-action='quoteComment' data-ipsQuote-singleQuote>{lang="quote"}</a>
							</li>

Add below:

{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->SN_Show_Send_Forums }}
								{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->SN_PersonalGroups == 'all' or \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->inGroup( explode(',', \IPS\Settings::i()->SN_PersonalGroups ) )}}
									{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id AND $comment->author()->member_id != \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id}}
										<li>
											<a href="{$comment->author()->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'senddirect' )}" base="front" data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-modal="true" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang='SN_sending_sticky_note'}">
														{lang="SN_TopicSend"}
											</a>
										</li>
									{{endif}} 
								{{endif}}
							{{endif}}

Você é -  O CARA!!!

(I hope that translates correctly and it's not something terribly rude)

I don't know whether I am doing something wrong, but I've only managed to create two sticky notes the day that I purchased the application. I've tried to create new global sticky notes from the frontend and ACP, and it will never be displayed.

Not only that, when I click on CREATE in the frontend, I chose Create Global Note. I see a popup, fill it with what I need and it will not be published. I will be taken to another screen in the frontend where all fields were empty and I had to type everything again. I published the note but it doesn't appear. I tried it from ACP and no success, it's just not working.

I also tried to send a personal note to another user and it won't work. I checked the permissions and all seems to be fine. I don't know what I might be doing wrong or what has changed. Anyone can help?

image.png.e3494876ea5eed375e701c4cee138f01.png

image.png.434af7915ce60f31bee6c23b2ff2ec08.png

Edited by OptimusBain
1 hour ago, OptimusBain said:

I don't know whether I am doing something wrong, but I've only managed to create two sticky notes the day that I purchased the application. I've tried to create new global sticky notes from the frontend and ACP, and it will never be displayed.

Not only that, when I click on CREATE in the frontend, I chose Create Global Note. I see a popup, fill it with what I need and it will not be published. I will be taken to another screen in the frontend where all fields were empty and I had to type everything again. I published the note but it doesn't appear. I tried it from ACP and no success, it's just not working.

I also tried to send a personal note to another user and it won't work. I checked the permissions and all seems to be fine. I don't know what I might be doing wrong or what has changed. Anyone can help?

No error in the ACP.

Although I can reproduce the Global Note on frontend not redirecting properly after clicking the button to send, it is actually sending as you can see below:

Check what I did in the video and try to make the same in your board.

As it isn't preventing your board from working, I'll take a look in the next version. I'm still working in other resources from the old developer. 👍

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

No error in the ACP.

Although I can reproduce the Global Note on frontend not redirecting properly after clicking the button to send, it is actually sending as you can see below:

Check what I did in the video and try to make the same in your board.

As it isn't preventing your board from working, I'll take a look in the next version. I'm still working in other resources from the old developer. 👍

I've done exactly as you show in the video. I had two sticky notes work the day that I purchased the application, but no more. I see you are also experiencing the same problem on the frontend.

I cleared cache again now, tried to create a note in ACP and it didn't work either. Did exactly as you explain, it's what I've done the day that I purchased it and it worked. But it stopped working on ACP, and that's when I decided to do it in the frontend and detected that problem that you could replicate.

I uninstalled Sticky Notes, installed it again and it won't work either.

The only change I've done recently is setting the forum to fluid 85%. I disabled it and revert it to default. I thought that maybe the notes were being printed but not visible on the screen because of the fluid setting, but I tried it and the result is the same.

Edited by OptimusBain