Sticky Notes (support topic)

8 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

This looks interesting.

On your demo I tried to click the x to cancel it but it wouldn't disappear.

Is that because I was a guest on the site?

It's because the sites currently offline, it won't run the script to hide, I will put site online for 10 minutes so you can see it

Edited by TheJackal84
2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

thanks. I like it and will buy later today

Oh one other thing - Is it possible to turn it off on mobiles in case it looks too intrusive?

I will be able to add it as a option to hide on mobile with a update, But as it is now it will show, Its not that bad but will depend your mobile screen

OQ10JYa.png

Edited by TheJackal84

I love the idea of this plugin and I just bought it. :lol:

Unfortunately it's not working at the moment. The Sticky Notes don't display unless I use the default theme. Since my board Is heavily modified I may need to change the hooks to where the Sticky Notes are displayed. Is it safe for me to edit and replace the existing hooks in the XML? For example the hook below:

'selector' => '#ipsLayout_header > header',
      'type' => 'add_before',
      'content' => '{template="StickyNote" group="plugins" location="global" app="core"}',

Do I edit and replace the selector or is there another way for me to do the changes safely?

Edited by GrooveOnBeat
2 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

I love the idea of this plugin and I just bought it. :lol:

Unfortunately it's not working at the moment. The Sticky Notes don't display unless I use the default theme. Since my board Is heavily modified I may need to change the hooks to where the Sticky Notes are displayed. Is it safe for me to edit and replace the existing hooks in the XML? For example the hook below:

'selector' => '#ipsLayout_header > header',
      'type' => 'add_before',
      'content' => '{template="StickyNote" group="plugins" location="global" app="core"}',

Do I edit and replace the selector or is there another way for me to do the changes safely?

It is not recommended but it will work if modified correctly, but it then probably won't work on default or any other, what theme are you using?

I will release a update what should work on all themes

Edited by TheJackal84
2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

It is not recommended but it will work if modified correctly, but it then probably won't work on default or any other, what theme are you using?

I will release a update what should work on all themes

Fantastic!

It's a custom template that I've made. The ipsLayout_header isn't the parent to the header, which is why it didn't work for me. If I used only the "header" as the hook it works.

At any rate, I've modified the hook in the XML and hooked it at another spot. I also changed some of the CSS settings so the width resizes.

.quote-container {
  position:fixed !important;
}

.note {
  width:auto !important;
  max-width:800px !important;
}

This works nicely. :lol:

I was wondering...Rather, how difficult would it be make it so that we can add unlimited number of sticky notes? So each sticky note is independent from each other. Also, each sticky note has its own group permissions. This way we can create sticky notes for different member groups.

I'm sure it's much more work, so If can do, I'll be more than happy to pay extra for such a feature. The potential is huge. Anyway, it's just a thought I had while playing with it. If not, that's fine too. :)

Edited by GrooveOnBeat
Just now, GrooveOnBeat said:

Fantastic!

It's a custom template that I've made. The ipsLayout_header isn't the parent to the header, which is why it didn't work for me. If I used only the "header" as the hook it works.

At any rate, I've modified the hook in the XML. I also changed some of the CSS settings so the width resizes.

.quote-container {
  position:fixed !important;
}

.note {
  width:auto !important;
  max-width:800px !important;
}

This works nicely. :lol:

I was wondering...Rather, how difficult would it be make it so that we can add unlimited number of sticky notes? So each sticky note is independent from each other. Also, each sticky note has its own group permissions. This way we can create sticky notes for different member groups.

I'm sure it's much more works, so If can do, I'll be more than happy to pay extra for such a feature. The potential is huge. Anyway, it's just a thought I had while playing with it. If not, that's fine too. :)

In the update I am only targeting the div id nothing else, so every theme will have that id in so it will find it, I will update it in 5 minutes, Be careful with the css edits because the settings top / right and top / bottom use different positions, the sticky note at the top is stuck there where-as the one at the bottom will scroll down with the page changing it could affect that,

I have already thought about what you want and will look into it for the future but it will take a application for that not a plugin, but I will definitely look into it

41 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

In the update I am only targeting the div id nothing else, so every theme will have that id in so it will find it, I will update it in 5 minutes, Be careful with the css edits because the settings top / right and top / bottom use different positions, the sticky note at the top is stuck there where-as the one at the bottom will scroll down with the page changing it could affect that,

I have already thought about what you want and will look into it for the future but it will take a application for that not a plugin, but I will definitely look into it

Yeah, I've made it so wherever the Sticky Note is, it's fixed. It's perfect for my needs.

And thank you for looking into Sticky Notes as an application. It will be super! :lol:

36 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

1.0.2 available

Theme Fixes

• Should now work on all themes

Thanks, it worked perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...