Sticky Notes (support topic)

5 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

I see you are also experiencing the same problem on the frontend.

Yes, as I told you:

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Although I can reproduce the Global Note on frontend not redirecting properly after clicking the button to send, it is actually sending as you can see below

Send your ACP credentials. I'll take a look on Monday.

Edited by Adriano Faria
On 4/3/2021 at 3:33 PM, OptimusBain said:

I've done exactly as you show in the video. I had two sticky notes work the day that I purchased the application, but no more. I see you are also experiencing the same problem on the frontend.

I cleared cache again now, tried to create a note in ACP and it didn't work either. Did exactly as you explain, it's what I've done the day that I purchased it and it worked. But it stopped working on ACP, and that's when I decided to do it in the frontend and detected that problem that you could replicate.

I uninstalled Sticky Notes, installed it again and it won't work either.

The only change I've done recently is setting the forum to fluid 85%. I disabled it and revert it to default. I thought that maybe the notes were being printed but not visible on the screen because of the fluid setting, but I tried it and the result is the same.

Just replied your PM. There's a plugin in conflict with it. It extends the globalTemplate; I'm not sure what it does but it is preventing the JS from Sticky Notes to work, that's why it doesn't show. Info in the PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Donald Meek said:

i am finding when enabling sticky notes the new one just uploaded and installed i have a error in my forums that theme is in error or something so its conflicting with my forums post area for some reason 

Seems to work fine in latest IPS and SN versions:

Make sure you ran the support tool to rebuild your cache.

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

[[Template forums/front/topics/post is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i didnt find any support tool other than to clear my cache whicih i did also had a error in database i fixed that still get this errro in every post in forums its just not working for me

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

image.thumb.png.120e3ee4b23d5196c556848354137bf4.png

5 minutes ago, Donald Meek said:

[[Template forums/front/topics/post is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i didnt find any support tool other than to clear my cache whicih i did also had a error in database i fixed that still get this errro in every post in forums its just not working for me

image.thumb.png.120e3ee4b23d5196c556848354137bf4.png

some how i hadnt gotten the newest update now it seems to work ok

• 5 months later...

I just created a note after a long time and I am having a problem. There is no way to close it 😞 whenever I click on the X button to close it, it will take me to a page where it's telling me to change settings on ACP 😞

see attachment. I made the note visible to certain groups, including the administrator. There is no way to close it 😞 I had to disable it.

Is this a known bug? I just can't close it, I will always see that error message no matter how many times I try to close it by clicking on X

thanks

Screenshot_20220108-225146_Chrome.jpg

Edited by OptimusBain
3 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

I had tried that before writing to you. It's not only me but all members, global and personal sticky notes. Nobody can dismiss the notes 😞

Send a message with your board URL and credentials to the ACP. Not sure what I can do but I’ll take a look. Worst case scenario: copy all your data, uninstall and reinstall. Need to see what’s happening there.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, OptimusBain said:

I just created a note after a long time and I am having a problem. There is no way to close it 😞 whenever I click on the X button to close it, it will take me to a page where it's telling me to change settings on ACP 😞

see attachment. I made the note visible to certain groups, including the administrator. There is no way to close it 😞 I had to disable it.

Is this a known bug? I just can't close it, I will always see that error message no matter how many times I try to close it by clicking on X

thanks

Screenshot_20220108-225146_Chrome.jpg

Hello,

Problem there is that you (or another admin) disabled the public controller that is responsible for the dismissing the note:

VMqROLR.png

Once enabled, it's working fine. 👍

• 1 month later...

There appears to be a bug which throws a template error when a member without permissions to use sticky notes is using the community

DivisionByZeroError: Division by zero in /[snip]/applications/stickynotes/sources/GlobalNote/GlobalNote.php:174

• 1 month later...

Receiving the following system error:

System Logs
Error: Call to a member function getThemeSettings() on null (0)
#0 /home/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(294): IPS\_Theme::master()
#1 /home/public_html/init.php(913) : eval()'d code(25): IPS\_Theme::i()
#2 /home/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(89): IPS\Dispatcher\stickynotes_hook_AdminOutputs::baseCss()
#3 /home/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#4 /home/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#5 {main}

BACKTRACE
#0 /home/public_html/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

1 hour ago, Chris Anderson said:

Receiving the following system error:

System Logs
Error: Call to a member function getThemeSettings() on null (0)
#0 /home/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(294): IPS\_Theme::master()
#1 /home/public_html/init.php(913) : eval()'d code(25): IPS\_Theme::i()
#2 /home/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(89): IPS\Dispatcher\stickynotes_hook_AdminOutputs::baseCss()
#3 /home/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#4 /home/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#5 {main}

BACKTRACE
#0 /home/public_html/init.php(1015): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

Have you ran the support tool? Got this running in 4.6.12.1 in 3 boards without any issue.

I installed the app on four separate test boards. I disabled all third-party apps and plugins to eliminate any of them from being the problem.  Within several hours of the app install all four boards show the same error message above.

I have run the support tool on multiple occasions and cleared system caches. 

Using Version 4.6.12.1 and PHP Version 7.4.28

On 4/30/2022 at 5:27 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Localhost or online board? If online, same server. 

• Online board, same server, different sub-domains

Here's an update:

Upon installing IPS I set up an external Cron service to kick off tasks every minute.  I wait 24 hours for all tasks to have completed prior to backing up the site.  Upon a successful backup I install marketplace apps and plugins.

This app was installed on days 1, 2 and 3 and each site showed the error message noted above on all four sites.  On day 4 I tried once again, and I have not seen the error message appear in 36 hours.

Some code that IPS runs during the first three days of being installed appear not to play well with this app.  I'm not sure if that code will ever be run again and if it does if the error condition that is being tracked above will have any adverse effects on the site or app.  

Edited by Chris Anderson