Sticky Notes (support topic)

10 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

what from 1 bug what can currently be disabled via the ACP? Erm no, once I get time I will update it, shouldn't be too long

It's a major bug, as it stops the personal messaging aspect of the sticky messages from being useful since no-one receives the replies they're sent.  Yes, that part of it can be switched off in the ACP, but since that's simply removing the functionality entirely, it's not exactly a reasonable workaround. 

It was also the lack of response in here about it, since you said it would be looked at within a couple of days when it was first reported at the start of July (over 3 months ago by the way) which made me think you weren't going to be updating any longer. Not great for a paid for addon to be honest.

Edited by Dll
Just now, Dll said:

It's a major bug, as it stops the personal messaging aspect of the sticky messages from being useful since no-one receives the replies they're sent.  Yes, that part of it can be switched off in the ACP, but since that's simply removing the functionality entirely, it's not exactly a reasonable workaround. 

major bug would make it not work, you can remove the ability for the replies so it does not stop the app from working

1 minute ago, Dll said:

It was also the lack of response in here about it, since you said it would be looked at within a couple of days when it was first reported at the start of July (over 3 months ago by the way) which made me think you weren't going to be updating any longer. Not great for a paid for addon to be honest.

yes I understand that but I am human and I have a lot of stuff to do and sometimes I forget, and if you don't think it's thats great feel free to leave a review or send a report to get it removed from sale, Yeah this is a paid app but it's got no renewals nothing when IPS 5 comes out I will make it available for that too with no charge to you or anyone else and all these requests I added from a silly little plugin what sends 3 notes maximum to a massive application to send unlimited was all done for FREE as well to anyone who purchased it, So I think maybe 1 mistake on my part should be allowed

13 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

major bug would make it not work, you can remove the ability for the replies so it does not stop the app from working

yes I understand that but I am human and I have a lot of stuff to do and sometimes I forget, and if you don't think it's thats great feel free to leave a review or send a report to get it removed from sale, Yeah this is a paid app but it's got no renewals nothing when IPS 5 comes out I will make it available for that too with no charge to you or anyone else and all these requests I added from a silly little plugin what sends 3 notes maximum to a massive application to send unlimited was all done for FREE as well to anyone who purchased it, So I think maybe 1 mistake on my part should be allowed

Replies not working is a fairly significant issue when it comes to a messaging system, I'm sure you'd agree. Turning off messages or replies is still stopping the messaging functionality from working, no matter how you dress it up - one way conversations tend to be a bit pointless, just look at this thread for the last 3 months as an example! 

It's not about how much it costs, or how it was developed or whatever else. It's something you sell which you set the price for btw, so even if you didn't get round to sorting the issue in the 3 months you've known about it, the least you can do is reply in the thread when people are asking questions about it. It's not like you haven't been online and posting in other threads, and I assume you saw the notifications when you were tagged or quoted after the initial report in July - there have been messages from people in August, September and this month.

So yeah, a mistake is fine and most people, me included, accept that bugs happen, but there was no need for you to compound it by not responding in your support thread across that 3 months too. 

Edited by Dll
1 minute ago, Dll said:

Replies not working is a fairly significant issue when it comes to a messaging system, I'm sure you'd agree. Turning off messages or replies, is still stopping the messaging functionality from working, no matter how you dress it up. 

not a messaging system mate it was made to send fun note not replace your message system

2 minutes ago, Dll said:

It's not about how much it costs, or how it was developed or whatever else. It's something you sell which you set the price for btw, so even if you didn't get round to sorting the issue in the 3 months you've known about it, the least you can do is reply in the thread when people are asking questions about it. It's not like you haven't been online and posting in other threads, and I assume you saw the notifications when you were tagged or quoted after the initial report in July - there have been messages from people in August, September and this month.

pretty sure if you read through I probably have said about it and have said I would look into it, but like everyone else you all expect personal replies and can't be bothered to browse other posts, And like I said I forget, sometime I get a notification at 3am and think I will reply tomorrow, then after a couple hours sleep I get to one thing and forget the other, but that's not acceptable is it. I will be at your beck and call sir

4 minutes ago, Dll said:

So yeah, a mistake is fine and most people, me included, accept that bugs happen, but there was no need for you to compound it by not responding in your support thread across that 3 months too. 

I do reply but I also ignore the same posts, If you want I will refund you the $$$ today and remove your license, then you ain't lost nothing have you, let me know and I will get it processed ASAP

2 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

not a messaging system mate it was made to send fun note not replace your message system

pretty sure if you read through I probably have said about it and have said I would look into it, but like everyone else you all expect personal replies and can't be bothered to browse other posts, And like I said I forget, sometime I get a notification at 3am and think I will reply tomorrow, then after a couple hours sleep I get to one thing and forget the other, but that's not acceptable is it. I will be at your beck and call sir

I do reply but I also ignore the same posts, If you want I will refund you the $$$ today and remove your license, then you ain't lost nothing have you, let me know and I will get it processed ASAP

Why are you so defensive? I've not asked for a refund (although I could quickly change my mind if you carry on acting like a 10 year old who's had his toys taken away). I don't see anyone demanding personal replies, or asking for anything over the top. I've read the thread, and all I see is a bug that was reported 3 months ago, which you said would be sorted within days, but it wasn't. Then I see a few posts across 3 months where people are asking to be updated on it.

Not so much to ask is it? Especially since you're active virtually every day on here.

Just now, Dll said:

Why are you so defensive? I've not asked for a refund (although I could quickly change my mind if you carry on acting like a 10 year old who's had his toys taken away). I don't see anyone demanding personal replies, or asking for anything over the top. I've read the thread, and all I see is a bug that was reported 3 months ago, which you said would be sorted within days, but it wasn't. Then I see a few posts across 3 months where people are asking to be updated on it.

Not so much to ask is it? Especially since you're active virtually every day on here.

Cos I can't be bothered and don't think I need to explain myself to anyone here where I am, what I am doing, why I might of forgot something, yeah I might be here daily, I currently have 35 unread personal messages, some I know are more important than any reply to a post on here and they are still unread, Just because I am here does not mean I can answer everyone at every time, and I keep saying I forgot, Yes I have a very bad memory sometimes and do forget things, I just looked at the sticky notes app and it is already actually fixed, I done it ages ago and was going to re-write some of the code then something else happened and I forgot about going back to it, this is me only now remembering doing that, but again I am explaining myself what I don't want / need to do, If it is that bad and you are so unhappy with it then get a refund I am more than happy to give it to you

3 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Cos I can't be bothered and don't think I need to explain myself to anyone here where I am, what I am doing, why I might of forgot something, yeah I might be here daily, I currently have 35 unread personal messages, some I know are more important than any reply to a post on here and they are still unread, Just because I am here does not mean I can answer everyone at every time, and I keep saying I forgot, Yes I have a very bad memory sometimes and do forget things, I just looked at the sticky notes app and it is already actually fixed, I done it ages ago and was going to re-write some of the code then something else happened and I forgot about going back to it, this is me only now remembering doing that, but again I am explaining myself what I don't want / need to do, If it is that bad and you are so unhappy with it then get a refund I am more than happy to give it to you

Nice one. Great to hear you have so much respect for your paying customers. 

We're all busy, we're all forgetful at times, but most of us manage to show some humility when we mess up too. 

Edited by Dll
2 minutes ago, Dll said:

Nice one. Great to hear you have so much respect for your paying customers. 

I have respect just not enough to share personal aspects of my life

2 minutes ago, Dll said:

We're all busy, we're all forgetful at times, but most of us manage to show some humility when we mess up too. 

Like I asked, you want a refund? not like I said oh well is it

11 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I have respect just not enough to share personal aspects of my life

Like I asked, you want a refund? not like I said oh well is it

I'm not interested in your personal life, all I've ever been interested in is getting some support in this support thread and getting the bug fixed. 

I wasn't looking for you to act like a petulant kid, and and I certainly wasn't looking for an argument. I've also not requested a refund, and am not interested in getting one since I bought it some time ago, have made use of it and to be honest life is too short to be worrying about that. 

But, what I will do is uninstall the application, as I'm really not prepared to be disrespected and spoken to as if I'm being unreasonable in asking for info on a bug which was reported 3 months ago. I'll also not consider purchasing or recommending any of your other applications. The good news is that I won't be posting in here or any of your other support threads again either. So that's one less annoying/demanding paying customer you have to worry about. 

As a final thing, perhaps try this if you're struggling to keep up, it's quite useful. 

https://www.any.do/to-do-list/

Edited by Dll
2 minutes ago, Dll said:

I'm not interested in your personal life, all I've ever been interested in here is getting some support in this support thread and getting the bug fixed. 

I wasn't looking for you to act like a petulant kid, and and I certainly wasn't looking for an argument. I've also not requested a refund, and am not interested in getting one since I bought it some time ago, have made use of it and to be honest life is too short to be worrying about that. 

Nor would I be, But I said I forget sometimes and have lots of notifications / pm's and sometimes things go past me, I only offered you a refund when you would not accept that I forgot what else could I do? you don't accept that reason, so to make you happy I'll offer to give you your $$$ back

4 minutes ago, Dll said:

But, what I will do is uninstall the application, as I'm really not prepared to be disrespected and spoken to as if I'm being unreasonable in asking for info on a bug which was reported 3 months ago. I'll also not consider purchasing or recommending any of your other applications. The good news is that I won't be posting in here again either, so that's one less annoying/demanding paying customer you have to worry about. So a win, win for you.

Can't see where you were disrespected you asked why I was being defensive and I said I can't be bothered and don't think I need to explain basically all my reasons so offered you the refund what's more then most devs on here would do anyway

14 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Nor would I be, But I said I forget sometimes and have lots of notifications / pm's and sometimes things go past me, I only offered you a refund when you would not accept that I forgot what else could I do? you don't accept that reason, so to make you happy I'll offer to give you your $$$ back

It's not about accepting your reason or not, it's about your attitude towards both me and your other paying customers that I have an issue with at this point. 

14 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Can't see where you were disrespected you asked why I was being defensive and I said I can't be bothered and don't think I need to explain basically all my reasons so offered you the refund what's more then most devs on here would do anyway

So, this isn't disrespectful to both me and your other customers?

1 hour ago, TheJackal84 said:

Or this?

40 minutes ago, Dll said:

Cos I can't be bothered and don't think I need to explain myself to anyone here where I am, what I am doing, why I might of forgot something, yeah I might be here daily, I currently have 35 unread personal messages, some I know are more important than any reply to a post on here and they are still unread,

Remembering, all I asked for was an update on a 3 month old bug. Had you just come on and said, 'sorry I forgot, I'll look into this as soon as I have time', then fine. But instead you were instantly defensive and dismissive of the bug. 

Anyway, I can't be bothered with this any longer and I assume you have literally 1000 other posts and pm's to reply to, so maybe it's time to move on as this ship has sailed. 

Edited by Dll
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

are there group permissions for sending and receiving?

That is, to select the groups to which the member has the possibility to send notes?

for example make it impossible for "member" to send notes to groups "admin"

member group -> member; moderator

moderator group -> admin; member

• 3 weeks later...

Server or configuration error

EX1054 Something went wrong. Please try again.

UPDATE `core_members` core_members  SET `language`='0',`skin`='0',`blockpersonal`=false,`blockreceiving`=false,`members_bitoptions2`=17 WHERE member_id=4 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'blockpersonal' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/p14277/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(1150): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\_Member::...', Array)
#1 /home/p14277/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(520): IPS\_Db->update('`core_members` ...', '`language`=?,`s...', 'WHERE member_id...')
#2 /home/p14277/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(395): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/p14277/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(1185): IPS\_Member->save()
#4 /home/p14277/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->edit()
#5 /home/p14277/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/p14277/public_html/stttvdet/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Change Preferences-  error :2019-12-11_051749.thumb.jpg.a61dc7baea59fc130e65049f089fcb8a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ошибка сервера или конфигурации

EX1054 Что-то пошло не так. Пожалуйста, попробуйте еще раз.

ОБНОВЛЕНИЕ `core_members` core_members SET` language` = '0', `skin` = '0',` blockpersonal` = false, `blockreceiving` = false,` members_bitoptions2` = 17 WHERE member_id = 4 
IPS \ Db \ Exception: неизвестно столбец 'blockpersonal' в 'списке полей' (1054)
# 0 /home/p14277/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(1150): IPS \ _Db-> prepareQuery ('/ * IPS \\ _ Member :: .. . ', Array)
# 1 /home/p14277/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(520): IPS \ _Db-> update (' `core_members` ... ','` language` = ?, `s ... ',' WHERE member_id ... ')
# 2 /home/p14277/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(395): IPS \ Patterns \ _ActiveRecord-> save ()
# 3 / home / p14277 / public_html / apps / core / modules / admin / members / members.php (1185): IPS \ _Member-> save ()
# 4 /home/p14277/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS \ core \ modules \ admin \ members \ _members-> edit ()
# 5 / home / p14277 / public_html / system / Dispatcher / Dispatcher .php (152): IPS \ Dispatcher \ _Controller-> execute ()
# 6 /home/p14277/public_html/stttvdet/index.php(14): IPS \ _Dispatcher-> run ()
# 7 {main}

Изменить настройки -   ошибка : 2019-12-11_051749.thumb.jpg.a61dc7baea59fc130e65049f089fcb8a.jpg

Эта ошибка возникает при попытке отредактировать пользователя на двух разных форумах, основном и тестовом.
Пожалуйста помоги.
Если вы отключите свое приложение, то проблем нет.

Edited by BertT
  • 4 weeks later...

According this explanation, I can place a note only in the clubs pages right? 🤔 

Select where to show each Sticky Note from a list of your installed applications or to just show it everywhere ( Example only show the Sticky Note when users are browsing the forums or the downloads section etc )

• 2 weeks later...