Sticky Notes (support topic)

1 hour ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

I see now. on IPSDev site. :smile:

My URL is on a locked test forum.

@TheJackal84

Do I submit the test URL or live site URL?

No that's nothing to do with that lol All that on IPSdev is so that random people can not sign up, Only cilents here can sign up there, I used to get lots of trolls signing up asking for support for files they don't own etc, So I added that there so that they can't sign up without being a IPS client.

these last few posts have confused people, The last bloke has a problem with his cloud hosting and sometimes stuff clashes with others and 1 thing won't work because the next don't either.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:15 PM, Loren said:

If you are you would have been notified of the update.

I follow all plugins and always install the newest releases, but thanks.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:19 PM, TheJackal84 said:

Send me a PM with your website's URL & login and I will check it out, Sorry I missed your comment, The comment above was a bug with cloud hosting

I change to a new server in the next days, if the issue still occur after this I will come back to you. Thank you.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, TheJackal84 said:

No that's nothing to do with that lol All that on IPSdev is so that random people can not sign up, Only cilents here can sign up there, I used to get lots of trolls signing up asking for support for files they don't own etc, So I added that there so that they can't sign up without being a IPS client.

these last few posts have confused people, The last bloke has a problem with his cloud hosting and sometimes stuff clashes with others and 1 thing won't work because the next don't either.

Oh.

Then any idea what could cause the error when I create global notes?

I'm on a locked test forum.

2018-05-28_131905.jpg.073e936801bc9b922eda3939edb30991.jpg

On 5/29/2018 at 1:26 AM, GrooveOnBeat said:

Oh.

Then any idea what could cause the error when I create global notes?

I'm on a locked test forum.

2018-05-28_131905.jpg.073e936801bc9b922eda3939edb30991.jpg

Now after I moved to a new server I have exactly the same issue as above, and like you this occurs on a locked test forum. But because I plan to go live soon I will not investigate further about it.

sticky1.png

Edited by Ramsesx
1 minute ago, Ramsesx said:

Now after I moved to a new server I have exactly the same issue as above, and like you this occurs on a locked test forum. But because I plan to go live soon I will not investigate further about it.

If you want to send me login you won't need to investigate it as I could look into it and see what's what, I did say that last time and you said you would get back to me,

When you say a locked forum what do you mean by that? a test install? I am sure you could provide login to any of them

Just now, TheJackal84 said:

If you want to send me login you won't need to investigate it as I could look into it and see what's what, I did say that last time and you said you would get back to me,

When you say a locked forum what do you mean by that? a test install? I am sure you could provide login to any of them

I said, I don't need to fix it on a test forum because I go live soon and it looks like this error occurs only on a test environment like the other user reported too.

Locked test forum means, a test install with password protected access. But anyhow I will send you my access data now.

13 hours ago, Ramsesx said:

I said, I don't need to fix it on a test forum because I go live soon and it looks like this error occurs only on a test environment like the other user reported too.

Locked test forum means, a test install with password protected access. But anyhow I will send you my access data now.

Please update the results. :smile:

On 5/27/2018 at 3:44 PM, GhostCav said:

For some reason there was no URL linked to my license.  I just resubmitted with my URL and it worked.

On 5/27/2018 at 10:07 PM, TheJackal84 said:

No he was right, if your URL is not listed in the license information in the IPS client area the app throws out an error when creating a global sticky note...... Now it works on my site after correcting of my license information.

Edited by Ramsesx

Another issue, it is the same like the anonymous browsing app, if the user is in two usergroups. If the primary usergroup has no permission the second usergroup can't overwrite this.

I want to use this app to give paying members an extra bonus, the paying member group is set as the second usergroup and I can't change that.

(Ignore some of the prior comments.  I can confirm that I received sticky notes.  But they take a minute or so to send)

I'm not able to move the sticky notes around when TAPED. 

Suggestion:

• Add space to icon in +Create menu

1520309802_Createmenu.PNG.dfaedbec05c3c1954379499b8e6efa79.PNG

Edited by Joel R
6 hours ago, Joel R said:

I'm not able to move the sticky notes around when TAPED. 

I will check that out mate

6 hours ago, Joel R said:

Suggestion:

• Add space to icon in +Create menu

1520309802_Createmenu.PNG.dfaedbec05c3c1954379499b8e6efa79.PNG

that must be your theme.

vOy9Q6e.png

what theme is it you are using?, also don't you own advanced multitool? how come you ain't added the other font awesome icons in that list? it looks very nice

Edited by TheJackal84
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

Hi

I get an error when trying to save a global sticky note. 

#5M149/8

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Any suggestions please? (I've uninstalled & re-installed)

Many thanks

Bill

Send me a PM with the website's URL and I will check it

On 7/1/2018 at 12:28 PM, TheJackal84 said:

Nothing has came through, are you sure you sent it to me?

This software is rubbish ?

I resent an old PM and got no warning at all that it hadn't send. Having checked, I can see you had left the conversation, so I've resent it in a new PM. Surely it would make more sense NOT to be able to reply to a PM when the other party has left??

4 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

This software is rubbish ?

I resent an old PM and got no warning at all that it hadn't send. Having checked, I can see you had left the conversation, so I've resent it in a new PM. Surely it would make more sense NOT to be able to reply to a PM when the other party has left??

Sorry about that, I go through my PM's now and again and delete the old ones so I can keep up with the new ones etc, especially if some have login details in etc.

I replied to your PM