Sticky Notes (support topic)

3 hours ago, Ramsesx said:

Sorry to tell you, but there is now another issue, if I send messages as described before with an attachment it sends it to the other user, if I send a new one again it keeps the attachment from before in the editor, if I delete it then it gets deleted on the "My Received Notes" deleted too.

when you say in the editor do you mean like this?

sNObByq.png

1 minute ago, Ramsesx said:

exactly

yeah that's what it will do the attachments are for each member and will only show their uploaded attachments, if they delete them then they will delete from anything they are placed in, In this case the sticky notes, It's the same with all attachments, If you click the user drop down menu and click attachments you will see all the uploaded ones you have uplaoded, in the forums etc you will see the name of each topic they are in and if you delete them then they will also be removed from the posts

7 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

yeah that's what it will do the attachments are for each member and will only show their uploaded attachments, if they delete them then they will delete from anything they are placed in, In this case the sticky notes, It's the same with all attachments, If you click the user drop down menu and click attachments you will see all the uploaded ones you have uplaoded, in the forums etc you will see the name of each topic they are in and if you delete them then they will also be removed from the posts

The normal behavior in IPS is when you add an attachment into the editor, send the message, start a new conversation the editor is empty. The attachment is no more visible. With the sticky notes editor it keeps the attachment inside the editor after sending. 

7 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

The normal behavior in IPS is when you add an attachment into the editor, send the message, start a new conversation the editor is empty. The attachment is no more visible. With the sticky notes editor it keeps the attachment inside the editor after sending. 

IPS also repeats the attachments in their editors, Check the ACP etc

e1VCBba.png

27 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

Please see it in the video below, this is how it works here and in my forum.

Yes that is because they are using the forums id as the attachment id's where I use the members id, Same again as in the ACP etc they use the members ID for the attachments so they will show on any editor that member uses on said application, If you use the forum / post ID then it will only show them attachments on that certain topic / post

Edited by TheJackal84
4 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Yes that is because they are using the forums id as the attachment id's where I use the members id, Same again as in the ACP etc they use the members ID for the attachments so they will show on any editor that member uses on said application, If you use the forum / post ID then it will only show them attachments on that certain topic / post

Ok, understand what you mean. But for the sticky notes product, this way it works now with the member ID is not a cool user experience.

For example I send user x a sticky note with attachment, after I want to send user y another note. Now in the editor is the attachment kept from the message to user x. 

Now I have the choice, send the message without deleting the attachments means the other user gets the same attachment sent to user x. Normally I don't want this. So I have to delete the attachment what results the user x from the previous message looses the attachment. Even if he haven't read it. 

Difficult to explain, sorry. But I hope you understand how I mean it? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

Ok, understand what you mean. But for the sticky notes product, this way it works now with the member ID is not a cool user experience.

For example I send user x a sticky note with attachment, after I want to send user y another note. Now in the editor is the attachment kept from the message to user x. 

Now I have the choice, send the message without deleting the attachments means the other user gets the same attachment sent to user x. Normally I don't want this. So I have to delete the attachment what results the user x from the previous message looses the attachment. Even if he haven't read it. 

Difficult to explain, sorry. But I hope you understand how I mean it? Thanks.

The next person will not receive the attachment unless you click to add it to the note, The little circle with the plus on the attachment will add it to the note, All that does is show all that members uploaded attachments used in the sticky notes application, You might have a popular image etc what you want to share with a few people and they are there for easy finding when using the app

Unless you click the little icon show in red in the image they will not receive the attachement

QJefJ92.png

Edited by TheJackal84
4 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

The next person will not receive the attachment unless you click to add it to the note, The little circle with the plus on the attachment will add it to the note,

And exactly this is the problem. If I send it to the next user he gets the attachment. And I did not added it into the note with the little circle.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, TheSkyLounge.tv said:

Hi there, just purchased this, posted a sticky and it looks like they don't post to the site.

I created one that contained an image (image was a link to a URL). Mind having a look?

Yes mate send me a PM with your web URL etc and I will look into it

26 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

should all be OK now, they will only show for the member and the note itself and no other member or note

Installed, if I reply to a received note and click send this error comes:

Fehlercode: EX0

This error was probably caused by application Notizzettel.
If the issue persists, disable it and contact the author for further assistance.

Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::save() (0)
#0 /home/wwwxxx/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\stickynotes\modules\front\stickynote\_sendnote->reply()
#1 /home/wwxxx/applications/stickynotes/modules/front/stickynote/sendnote.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/wwwxxx/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\stickynotes\modules\front\stickynote\_sendnote->execute()
#3 /home/wwxxx/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

Yes, creating a global stickys throws out an error if trying to save.....

IPS\Http\Request\SocketsException:  (0)
#0 /home/www/doc/xf3/applications/stickynotes/sources/GlobalNote/GlobalNotes.php(11): IPS\Http\Request\_Sockets->__call('GET', Array)
#1 /home/www/dox8f3/applications/stickynotes/modules/front/stickynote/globalnotes.php(73): IPS\stickynotes\GlobalNote\_Globalnotes->storeNote()
#2 /home/www/docxf3/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\stickynotes\modules\front\stickynote\_globalnotes->manage()
#3 /home/www/docxf3/applications/stickynotes/modules/front/stickynote/globalnotes.php(26): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/www/dox8f3/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\stickynotes\modules\front\stickynote\_globalnotes->execute()
#5 /home/www/doc/xf3/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, GhostCav said:

Newly installed with default theme.... has anyone seen this error before after saving a new global note for the first time?

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, TheJackal84 said:

Send me a pm with your website and I will check it out

What was the fix for this error?

IPS 4.3.3
Sticky Notes 2.2.4

1 hour ago, Ramsesx said:

Resubmitted where? Thanks.

I am waiting now 10 days to get a fix for this....

Are you following the file here...

If you are you would have been notified of the update.
I updated my 3 sites and they are all working perfectly.