Sticky Notes (support topic)

45 minutes ago, bradl said:

Hm, ipsfocus theme (Uniform) doesn't show the stickies either (works a treat on default IPB and some garbage theme attempt of mine :p )  Site link.

That's another theme that has changed the header to a custom one, they moved the header inside the container instead of the container inside the header.

I can do it for you if you want to send me admin login via PM or I can give you a manual patch to do your self via PM

Edited by TheJackal84

I'm seeing zombie attachments in global stickys. I made a sticky, decided to use a different attachment, now I can't get rid of either of the attachments. If deleted from editor they reappear after save. I'm using a different numbered attachment for now, but might someday like to re-edit #1 :) 

before.thumb.png.eef70767d8ad802c768c6048b8c29820.png

cleared.thumb.png.6f83e379a302891a7a3cf1a665e1d9b3.png

saved.thumb.png.2356edef5217f9687dcc5037caf2be7e.png

Support clear-cache run, no change.

6 minutes ago, bradl said:

I'm seeing zombie attachments in global stickys. I made a sticky, decided to use a different attachment, now I can't get rid of either of the attachments. If deleted from editor they reappear after save. I'm using a different numbered attachment for now, but might someday like to re-edit #1 :) 

before.thumb.png.eef70767d8ad802c768c6048b8c29820.png

cleared.thumb.png.6f83e379a302891a7a3cf1a665e1d9b3.png

saved.thumb.png.2356edef5217f9687dcc5037caf2be7e.png

Support clear-cache run, no change.

I will check that tonight and get back to you ASAP

13 hours ago, bradl said:

I found and fixed the problem, I will be updating with-in the next 24-48 hours, I got a few more bits of code then testing to make and it's ready

Updated to 2.0.9

New Features

• The ability for the admin/s to send global sticky notes from the front end, saving you having to login to the admin panel to have to send them
  • New front page widgets
    • Most sent sticky notes will show a block with a list of the members what have sent the most sticky notes
    • Most received sticky notes will show a block with a list of the members what have received the most sticky notes
  • Added a reply icon to the personal sticky notes allowing members to reply directly to the sender, this will also dismiss the sticky note
  • Added a new button to the view notes pages allowing members to select to view all notes sent and received between X member and the logged in member in a new table
  • Added a reply button to the view received notes page so users can easily reply to other members sticky notes
  • If a user has not dismissed their sticky notes then the note can not be re-sent but it can still be edited

Bug Fix

• Fixed the bug where the attachments weren't deleting or removing from the global based sticky notes

AND A GREAT APPLICATION, but there is a problem or better to perfect, for example, if I enable the option to send sticky notes to all groups, then a user who receives these notes, example a user receives 50 notes from various users should disable one to one of the pads on the panel, and to improve it, you should be able to close the sticky notes in a lock, all if a user tends to close the cards ... for now i only enabled for staff, do not allow users permission for this reason, too many notes to a user and then create chaos with locks one by one, i hope you make some changes

4 hours ago, Virgo81 said:

AND A GREAT APPLICATION, but there is a problem or better to perfect, for example, if I enable the option to send sticky notes to all groups, then a user who receives these notes, example a user receives 50 notes from various users should disable one to one of the pads on the panel, and to improve it, you should be able to close the sticky notes in a lock, all if a user tends to close the cards ... for now i only enabled for staff, do not allow users permission for this reason, too many notes to a user and then create chaos with locks one by one, i hope you make some changes

Only admin can send global sticky notes not users, I think you are mistaken the front end global ones, Members can only send personal and not to groups. Also there is a setting in the ACP for each user group on how many they can send a day

3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Only admin can send global sticky notes not users, I think you are mistaken the front end global ones, Members can only send personal and not to groups. Also there is a setting in the ACP for each user group on how many they can send a day

I can from an ACP I can allow a group to send notes, if I allow a group of registered users, they can send notes to who they want, I wonder if you can improve the app by allowing a user not to send 3000,000 notes to a hypothetical user, to put the ability to ignore a user's notes, delete the note blocks together if they activate block

41 minutes ago, Virgo81 said:

I can from an ACP I can allow a group to send notes, if I allow a group of registered users, they can send notes to who they want, I wonder if you can improve the app by allowing a user not to send 3000,000 notes to a hypothetical user, to put the ability to ignore a user's notes, delete the note blocks together if they activate block

So you login to the ACP go to groups and edit their settings

zU8EECU.png

7Q1ESbc.png

And I can look into putting a ignore / block from sending, where the member can choose to block x/y/z member sending them sticky notes

Edited by TheJackal84

I wondered if admin notes could include html code is it possible?

1 hour ago, bradl said:

I've never blocked anybody (yet :) ) so I haven't tested or anything but I'd think most users would think blocking means everything humanly possible. If there's a way to hook into the user's ignore list that would be great.

yes... and even close the notes more easily and quickly if they are many

On 05/11/2017 at 12:10 PM, Virgo81 said:

to put the ability to ignore a user's notes

On 05/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, Ramsesx said:

This would be a very useful and essential addition.  Thanks.

22 hours ago, bradl said:

I've never blocked anybody (yet :) ) so I haven't tested or anything but I'd think most users would think blocking means everything humanly possible. If there's a way to hook into the user's ignore list that would be great.

I will add a code so that users can pick members to block then when they try to send them a note

QgncpMn.png

you can change the words to what ever you want in the language bit of the ACP

On 05/11/2017 at 1:20 PM, Virgo81 said:

ok, you can not do anything to delete and close the blocked notes? if I get so many sticky notes, I would like to be able to close them all with one click

I have done it so if there is one note pending it will be the same as now, if there is more than 1 than it will show the amount that are not dismissed with a choice to dismiss that note or all ( There will be a setting in the ACP for if you want this feature enabled incase people don't want it, the amount will still show though cos it's a nice feature )

lMn7Y6A.png

I am not finished with it all yet I still need to fine tune it but letting you know it will be available to dismiss all in one go

Edited by TheJackal84