Sticky Notes (support topic)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be very wary of using any third party addon where the developer keeps 'promising' an update over a couple of months but doesn't deliver. Even if it does get made compatible for 4.5 at some point, where will you be if the same occurs if there's a major bug or issue later on down the line. 

31 minutes ago, Alfonso Moreno said:

It's even more worrying that the developer is staying so quiet! He should say something at least.

Yes, he should.  That said, all I have to add is that while we haven't heard from @TheJackal84 in a little while, he does have a rep for being one of the more reliable developers.  I have never had issues with him, so while I do think this app should have been updated some time ago I want to see what happens.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:56 AM, livegames.co.il said:

On 11/16/2020 at 9:33 AM, Dll said:

I'd be very wary of using any third party addon where the developer keeps 'promising' an update over a couple of months but doesn't deliver. Even if it does get made compatible for 4.5 at some point, where will you be if the same occurs if there's a major bug or issue later on down the line. 

On 11/16/2020 at 9:36 AM, BankFodder said:

Well I agree that it's a bit worrying that there is no update so far – but for the couple of years before the recent 4.5 Invision version, it worked pretty well

On 11/16/2020 at 10:02 AM, Alfonso Moreno said:

It's even more worrying that the developer is staying so quiet! He should say something at least.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:35 AM, liquidfractal said:

Yes, he should.  That said, all I have to add is that while we haven't heard from @TheJackal84 in a little while, he does have a rep for being one of the more reliable developers.  I have never had issues with him, so while I do think this app should have been updated some time ago I want to see what happens.

Real life got in the way I have had a rough couple of months and been trying my best to get through it all, I have just updated it so it just needs to be approved by IPS, sorry for the delays I should be back properly here soon if all goes well. but for now I can just do what I can when I can, Sorry again 😀

11 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Real life got in the way I have had a rough couple of months and been trying my best to get through it all, I have just updated it so it just needs to be approved by IPS, sorry for the delays I should be back properly here soon if all goes well. but for now I can just do what I can when I can, Sorry again 😀

First things first. Hopefully you are going through well through these rough months. Lots of positive energy! Stay safe!

11 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Thank you. I think that all people really want is some regular communication. That would make people feel calmer and give them more confidence

I totally get this, and have complained about this with other developers.  But I also know how much life can get in the way, and after one is here for a while one gets a sense of who the serious developers are, so @TheJackal84 still gets my thumbs-up 🙂.  Here's hoping your bad times are brief times!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 8:57 PM, Alfonso Moreno said:

It's been like two weeks since the developer said he had submitted the update to IPS. I've not received any notification. Does it take so long?

I've received notifications of a few other plugins and it took like 3-4 days. This one has taken 2 weeks as fo today 

Yeah, quite honestly I'm beginning to wonder what's going on with this.  @TheJackal84, do you have an update from either you or IPS as to when the 4.5.x revision of this is coming?

On 12/6/2020 at 11:24 PM, liquidfractal said:

Yeah, quite honestly I'm beginning to wonder what's going on with this.  @TheJackal84, do you have an update from either you or IPS as to when the 4.5.x revision of this is coming?

I did update it to 4.5, just checked it and I did not mark it as 4.5 it's still sat on 4.4, I will only need to change the compatibility field to 4.5 but think it will need to be approved again, 2 minutes and it will get changed to 4.5