Bookmarks - Support Topic

- Can you please include a screenshot of the bookmarking process? Is it a button next to the quote, edit, etc?

- Is it possible to limit access per user group? If I buy this, I will probably include it as a premium feature in my community. 

I would be interested, how bookmarks albums/directories look like. As I understood it, you can create directories to organize bookmarks. Like in a browser. Please add more screenshots.

And is there any visual indication how the bookmarks are defined (private/public...)

And is it possible to define individual tags for bookmarks (by the bookmarker). I would like to use a function, different from the tags given by the author, to define individual tags for bookmarks (my own tags) the way I find my contents again via a tag search for my own tags. That would be a great feature.

Edited by Cyboman
1 hour ago, Cyboman said:

I would be interested, how bookmarks albums/directories look like. As I understood it, you can create directories to organize bookmarks. Like in a browser. Please add more screenshots.

There is no organization of tags right now with the initial release, but it's been suggested

And is there any visual indication how the bookmarks are defined (private/public...)

No, but it's been suggested

And is it possible to define individual tags for bookmarks (by the bookmarker). I would like to use a function, different from the tags given by the author, to define individual tags for bookmarks (my own tags) the way I find my contents again via a tag search for my own tags. That would be a great feature.

No, but it's been suggested.  Both colors and tags have been suggested

Edited by Joel R
16 minutes ago, Maxxius said:

sorry for perhaps sounding a bit dull but isn't this function already handled by following topics, etc. ?

It's a valid question :)

Sure, you could use the following feature too, but the follow feature links only to a specific topic,blog,etc and not to a comment or even multiple comments in this topic.

Hi, i am very interested in this app.

1) Does it allow to bookmark pages records too?

2) What happens when a bookmark object (let's say a topic) is deleted by admins? Does it automatically disappears from the bookmakr lists?

Edited by xtech
4 minutes ago, xtech said:

Does it allow to bookmark pages records too?

Unfortunately not. Pages Templates can't be edited via template hooks, so I couldn't add it there, but you could edit your database templates and just add the bookmark link to it. I'll test this later and post further instructions if it works.

6 minutes ago, xtech said:

What happens when a bookmark object (let's say a topic) is deleted by admins? Does it automatically disappears from the bookmakr lists?

Exactly.

Just now, fosters said:

Unfortunately not. Pages Templates can't be edited via template hooks, so I couldn't add it there, but you could edit your database templates and just add the bookmark link to it. I'll test this later and post further instructions if it works.

Great. That's not a problem to me, i edit page templates all the time. Please check it to see if it works and then tell me something.

25 minutes ago, xtech said:

Great. That's not a problem to me, i edit page templates all the time. Please check it to see if it works and then tell me something.

Yes, it is working, but I'll not post any instructions yet because I'm going to improve this further for the next release.

c592f9e03670fe6c81c262a255094f0c.gif 

Text categories for sure. I don't think the colors will help, can you imagine the rainbow fest on the "My bookmarks" page, I don't believe it will help a lot. Similar for the tags. But properly implemented categories with expand/collapse toggles will allow anyone to store tens of bookmarks and more in a neat and efficient way. 

Edit: Actually colors can be helpful if they are not that obtrusive, maybe if you can color a small square at the beginning or end of the bookmark and not the entire row. 

Edited by jair101
54 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Text categories for sure. I don't think the colors will help, can you imagine the rainbow fest on the "My bookmarks" page, I don't believe it will help a lot. Similar for the tags. But properly implemented categories with expand/collapse toggles will allow anyone to store tens of bookmarks and more in a neat and efficient way. 

Edit: Actually colors can be helpful if they are not that obtrusive, maybe if you can color a small square at the beginning or end of the bookmark and not the entire row. 

My current solution will freak you out ;):drool: ??
More information TBA tomorrow or this weekend. I need to test my asskicking,freaking changes with some 3rd party themes to make sure that it works there too.

(Fosters Crew tried to make everybody happy, so there will be categories and colors and some crazy changes like unicorns and rainbows ?-  Sorry, don't take me too serious today, and don't quote me on the last sentence. It was a too funny discussion with all involved people till we made a decision. I think that this the next release will make everybody happy:D 

Edited by fosters
23 hours ago, xtech said:

Hi, i am very interested in this app.

1) Does it allow to bookmark pages records too?

2) What happens when a bookmark object (let's say a topic) is deleted by admins? Does it automatically disappears from the bookmakr lists?

Actually, shouldn't you be able to bookmark a record? Not the IP.Pages page, but an IP.Pages database record.  I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Actually, shouldn't you be able to bookmark a record? Not the IP.Pages page, but an IP.Pages database record.  I could be wrong.

It works indeed, but there's no bookmark link. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a way, to edit the pages database templates via a hook. As you see in my gif,it works if you add it manually to the template, that's why  I had to improve this for my next release... It will still require a manual template change by the admin, but it works ?

c592f9e03670fe6c81c262a255094f0c.gif&key

2 hours ago, fosters said:

(Fosters Crew tried to make everybody happy, so there will be categories and colors and some crazy changes like unicorns and rainbows ?-  Sorry, don't take me too serious today, and don't quote me on the last sentence. It was a too funny discussion with all involved people till we made a decision. I think that this the next release will make everybody happy:D 

Always makes me happy when someone puts so much emotion and energy in to his work :)

An update to stop any further confusion : Based on the first feedback, we're going to change the 'categories' term with ' folders' ....It makes more sense to call it folders since they're private... similar to PM folders...

Edited by fosters
3 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Looks great

I had to mention you because of the colors + categories aka now folders .. only th unicorns are missing, but just wait for tomorrows "announcement "?"

Edited by fosters