Bookmarks - Support Topic

Just now, Joel R said:

Can folders contain both public and private bookmarks? Or folder MUST be only public or only private? 

Filtering on My Bookmarks page?

Hush you... the filters are the hidden new feature which I wanted to show tomorrow ?

Yea, folders are an member exclusive feature, it doesn't matter if the link is public or not.. all public links are shown on the members profile.. The folders are an feature exclusive to the current user, they're not shown on the profile... that's something what I'll probably chafe in th future... but ATM it's only relevant to the user.

On ‎31‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 0:27 AM, Cyboman said:

And is it possible to define individual tags for bookmarks (by the bookmarker). I would like to use a function, different from the tags given by the author, to define individual tags for bookmarks (my own tags) the way I find my contents again via a tag search for my own tags. That would be a great feature.

To emphasize the suggestion for individual user tags...

In some situations, I would like to

• rename the bookmarked topic title, to give it more meaning to myself. A lot newbies name there topic names like "help" or "question" or... Maybe the topic inside is great, but from the outside you just don't feel what will be inside...
  • some users are using different languages, so it would be comfortable, to add a "tag" in their own language
  • by using individual tags, I would achieve better categorization options, folders are great (if you can name them individually) but in combination with individual tags, it would be premium

Another great feature would be:

• import/export bookmarks (as a list)

With this feature, you would build enormous trust, as admins & users would be able to backup their bookmarks. We all know, plugins in the marketplace come and go, and if I introduce such a bookmarking feature to my community, it would be a great gain to at least being able to export my bookmark lists (private/public, category name, URL, individual tags), just in case it will stop being supported.

23 minutes ago, Cyboman said:
  • import/export bookmarks (as a list)

This can be huge. As you can effectively export the best replies from the board and filter the useless chit-chat. 

Edit: Another suggestion - maybe bookmarks can be fed in a sidebar widget? Something like "Most bookmarked replies", listing them sorted by number of times bookmarked. 

Edited by jair101
  • 2 weeks later...

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the newest version of Favorite Content Bookmarks v1.1.0, available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for download.  The newest version of Bookmarks takes community bookmarking to the next level with a major feature: Categories.  

Categories will help your community's users arrange and organize their personal list of bookmarks.  Before, all bookmarks were clumped together into a single, long list.  Now, users can define new categories to sort and categorize their bookmarks as needed.  Categories can be named anything your user's want, and can include a mixture of both public and private bookmarks.  Users will see the new bookmark categories on their "My Bookmarks" page.  

59446e84a61ef_Bookmark1.1.0-BookmarkCategories.png.fa83b9f9cf17542d59a364fd2092992e.thumb.png.c996ee6205bd243c1dfb8e67f7cc97a7.png

Categories can be added in two different ways:

• Add bookmark - As soon as a user bookmarks an item, options will appear to either save into an existing category or to create a new category.  This allows users to create categories 'on-the-fly' during the bookmarking process.  
  • My Bookmarks - On the My Bookmarks page, users can manage their bookmark categories by adding new bookmark categories. This allows them to manage and add multiple categories from a single location to organize and view all of their bookmarks together.

Categories can be edited and deleted:

My Bookmarks - On the My Bookmarks page, users can manage all of their bookmark categories to add, edit, and rename.  This centralized location allows users the ability to manage all of their categories together from a single location.  

594470551c95a_Bookmark1.1.0-ManageCategories.png.e5aaefd7000546d7d79821f0fd793fc0.png.14abe4a353c654c8271c753ecb82a793.png

Several other enhancements and bug fixes have been released in v1.1.0, so we encourage you to check out the latest version or pick up a copy in the IPS Marketplace!  The application is still a work-in-progress, so please share your feedback and bug reports in the Support Topic here and Tracker.  

Edited by fosters
1 minute ago, xtech said:

Nice. This is a nice app and as soon as the 4.2 version is released i'll buy it.

Thanks for the support.

You're welcome to put up a 4.2 Demo board and install Bookmarks on there right now to play with it before you give to your users.  @fosters has more features coming in later versions, so it's a work-in-progress.  The current version is "4.2 Ready" with all of the basic features covered like Public and Private, Adding / Removing Bookmarks, Adding / Removing Categories.  

12 minutes ago, xtech said:

Nice. This is a nice app and as soon as the 4.2 version is released i'll buy it.

In the meanwhile, what is the code hook to insert into the pages templates to enable bookmarks there? Can you provide it here please?

Thanks for the reminder. I'll make sure that we'll provide further instructions for this ASAP

3 minutes ago, jair101 said:

I have suggested earlier to have a sidebar block or something with "most bookmarked replies". Now I am thinking that this information can also be displayed next to the post: "This post has been bookmarked X times"...

That's a great idea.  

The sidebar block has been requested, but marked as Not Accepted by @fosters.  Maybe if you lend your support he will reconsider: https://addons.invisionzone.com/projects/item/277-sidebar-block/

I also really like your idea on "This post has been bookmarked X times".  You should post in the Tracker as a suggestion:

https://addons.invisionzone.com/projects/project/32-favorite-content-bookmarks/?do=issues

What will happen if a user is moved out of bookmarks approved group? Will he lose all his bookmarks or they will be visible again when he is back in the approved group? I am asking, because I plan to use the app as an incentive for premium subscriptions. 

39 minutes ago, jair101 said:

What will happen if a user is moved out of bookmarks approved group? Will he lose all his bookmarks or they will be visible again when he is back in the approved group? I am asking, because I plan to use the app as an incentive for premium subscriptions. 

No, ATM he won't lose them. He'll lose access because of the permission, but once he gets back to the group which is allowed to use bookmarks, he'll see all his already existing bookmarks. 

Bought and installed it. Seems very nice! Thanks for the app and great idea!

Some bugs to report though:

• Create new Category language string doesnt translate. I mean, i can translate it at the language tools but it has no effect on the dialog. Language key is bookmark_add_new_category. Probably it is mispelled at the template...
  • The way the "bookmark" link (to add it to the bookmark list) is added to a topic post is not ideal and causes an interface problem. It should be included between <li> </li> as to be part of the other list. As it is currently it appears slightly "above" the other buttons. Look at the image below (it is the "+ Favorito"):

aaa.png.ae81e5e92e26cadbf1969f57804905fe.png

This happens because it is: 

<span data-controller="bookmark.front.bookmark.link">
  (...)
</span>

And should be enclosed in <li></li> to be "part" of the horizontal list of other links.

• There is something odd with the language strings. For example if i try to translate "Bookmark" (yes the link shown in the pic above) to something with a Font Awesome icon first, like this string: 
    <i class="fa fa-bookmark" aria-hidden="true"></i> Favorito

it gets like:

aaaas.thumb.png.ca28b100c2d74e7a9884f79ffdcc21e2.png

This never happened to me in any language string i've translated.

And the last one is not a bug, just a reminder :) please don't forget to tell me how to add it to the pages records templates to allow them to be added to the bookmarks. For sites that make heavy use of pages (which i have one) this is a real must.

Thank you :D 

1) is indeed a bug, but since it's really a minor issue, I've just reported it to my bugtracker to not forget about it https://addons.invisionzone.com/projects/item/321-hardcoded-langstring/

2) This is already fixed for the next release
3) Yea, this won't work because I use the language string also inside javascript, so it "breaks" it.
Please try following code

<i class='fa fa-bookmark' aria-hidden='true'></i> Favorito

@Joel R suggested to add the icon https://addons.invisionzone.com/projects/item/245-bookmark-add-remove/  :D So no need for a change in the next release ;)

4)? Sorry, the instructions are coming within the next 5 minutes.

Edited by fosters
31 minutes ago, xtech said:

And the last one is not a bug, just a reminder :) please don't forget to tell me how to add it to the pages records templates to allow them to be added to the bookmarks. For sites that make heavy use of pages (which i have one) this is a real must.

I've added the instructions to the file description https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8582-favorite-content-bookmarks/

Thank you!
1) ok!
2) ok!

25 minutes ago, fosters said:

3) Yea, this won't work because I use the language string also inside javascript, so it "breaks" it.
Please try following code

It works, but then i get the title of the dialog broken as it seems to be using the same language key:

xcv.thumb.png.bea939a5c314654584038491fdb24044.png

27 minutes ago, fosters said:

4)? Sorry, the instructions are coming within the next 5 minutes.

Amazing! Thank you a lot :) 

Excellent. Just implemented the bookmark in the pages records, works great, thks! :) 

Just a small correction  in the template code to avoid you getting people saying it doesn't eliminate the bookmark. It's just missing a closing comma following the ipsButton_verySmall.

Instead of:

data-isButton class="ipsButton ipsButton_link ipsButton_verySmall data-action="removeBookmark"

Should be:

data-isButton class="ipsButton ipsButton_link ipsButton_verySmall" data-action="removeBookmark"

Thks :) 

8 minutes ago, Janyour said:

The price is little bit expensive, if its around 10$ for example i believe more people will purchase it, i'll be the first :)

You are certainly not the first, i've already purchased! :D 

I think it's not expensive considering the development effort it takes nd what it offers. This is not a simple hook.