Bookmarks - Support Topic

14 hours ago, Fosters said:

Is anybody else here missing the bookmark link in posts but seeing it in blogs/gallery/downloads and NOT hosted with IPS?

On my live installation (not hosted with IPS), I see it in forums / gallery / downloads.  

If it's missing in the postbit for Forums, maybe check to see if another plugin is messing with template?

Not sure if anyone else has requested but my feature request below:

Would be nice to make the Bookmarks list more pretty by including images. I think for consistency if you match the same style as the IPS 4.2 activity feed for each content type (threads/posts/gallery/album/etc.) that would be great. :)

i.e. also if bookmarking a Gallery album to match the Activity Feed style (where it shows multiple image thumbnails on one row)

1 hour ago, Optic14 said:

Not sure if anyone else has requested but my feature request below:

Would be nice to make the Bookmarks list more pretty by including images. I think for consistency if you match the same style as the IPS 4.2 activity feed for each content type (threads/posts/gallery/album/etc.) that would be great. :)

i.e. also if bookmarking a Gallery album to match the Activity Feed style (where it shows multiple image thumbnails on one row)

You will love what's coming in our next version ;)

Is there any way to change the "Bookmark" and "Remove Bookmark" words to display the fa fa-bookmark and fa fa-bookmark-o icons?

I tried replacing the bookmarkLink template with this:

<span data-controller='bookmark.front.bookmark.link{{if $manage}}(manage.bookmark){{endif}}'>
{{if !$item->isBookmarked() }}
    <a href="{$item->url('bookmark')->csrf()->setQueryString('isButton', $button)}" {{if $button}} class="ipsButton ipsButton_link ipsButton_verySmall "{{endif}} data-action="bookmark" data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-size="medium" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="bookmark_simple"}"  data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit="true"  ><div class="ipsButton ipsButton_light ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_narrow ks"><i class="fa fa-bookmark"></i></div></a>
{{else}}
    <a href="{$item->url('removeBookmark')->csrf()}" {{if $button}} data-isButton class="ipsButton ipsButton_link ipsButton_verySmall "{{endif}} data-action="removeBookmark"><div class="ipsButton ipsButton_light ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_narrow ks"><i class="fa fa-bookmark-o"></i></div></a>
{{endif}}
</span>

But unfortunately, you have to refresh the page between bookmarking and removing bookmarks, or it'll appear as the words again instead of the fa fa icon. I'm not sure if I'm being clear lol.

Edited by MarilynWallace
  • 2 weeks later...

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the newest version of Bookmarks v1.3.0, available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for download.  The newest version of Notices is a major release with several new features.

Permissions

We have moved the permissions from the Application Module to ACP > Member > Groups, to be consistent with IPS permission sets.  There are two permissions for Admins to define for each membergroup:

Can create bookmarks?

Can create private bookmarks?

1234.thumb.png.16536d789370e094147a78cd4c6e6254.png

Simple Mode 

12345.thumb.png.0f2705845eb5a7ff2d7c090f3144719a.png

Modal Menus

Thank you to the suggestion by @Cyrem.  We implemented modal menus in the following workflow:

Category Create

Category Edit

Category Delete

We agree with @Cyrem that modal menus makes it easier to input and change things, instead of full page refreshes!  

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

We love pictures as much as we love bookmarks, so we wanted to make sure that the application showcased off your pictures when bookmarking items such as Gallery Images, Gallery Albums, and Download Files.  This will pull the image, album cover, or file screenshot, respectively, and display in the bookmark for easier reference.  

I just installed the update on my dev board and got the following:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\bookmark\Application::isSimpleMode() (0)
#0 /xxx/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(22): IPS\Dispatcher\bookmark_hook_Frontdispatcher::baseJs()
#1 /xxx/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(66): IPS\Dispatcher\hook244::baseJs()
#2 /xxx/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(103): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#3 /xxx/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#4 {main}

On the top of the error IPS says that it is most probably caused by plugin Minimized Quote by @Martin A.. Disabling the plugin seems to resolve the issue, but still it would be great if this conflict can be solved so we can use both apps. 

1 hour ago, jair101 said:

I just installed the update on my dev board and got the following:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\bookmark\Application::isSimpleMode() (0)
#0 /xxx/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(22): IPS\Dispatcher\bookmark_hook_Frontdispatcher::baseJs()
#1 /xxx/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(66): IPS\Dispatcher\hook244::baseJs()
#2 /xxx/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(103): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#3 /xxx/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#4 {main}

On the top of the error IPS says that it is most probably caused by plugin Minimized Quote by @Martin A.. Disabling the plugin seems to resolve the issue, but still it would be great if this conflict can be solved so we can use both apps. 

Could you please open the bookmark\Application.php and ensure that a function isSimpleMode is present there?
It sounds like you haven't uploaded all new files.

1 minute ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @Fosters I did a fresh install of Bookmarks 1.3.0 on IPS 4.2.6 but can't seem to get permission to use it on my community even when I set to allow:

5a17e5433d9cf_2017-11-2417_21_38-Applications.thumb.png.49d8260993e3f512d027037c9d7070f9.png

When trying to view My Bookmarks:

5a17e53f275e0_2017-11-2417_22_09-Sorryyoudonothavepermissionforthat!.thumb.png.636fb252f0be1e1eb6c8f65f04f3f295.png

No bookmark link appearing in content either.

This was changed.

Please see release post and change history:D

• Permissions - 2 new Permissions were added:
    • Can create bookmarks?
    • Can create private bookmarks?

Permissions

We have moved the permissions from the Application Module to ACP > Member > Groups, to be consistent with IPS permission sets.  There are two permissions for Admins to define for each membergroup:

• Can create bookmarks?
  • Can create private bookmarks?

Sorry for confusion here, we should have probably communicated this better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.10.2017 at 9:36 PM, MarilynWallace said:

Is there any way to change the "Bookmark" and "Remove Bookmark" words to display the fa fa-bookmark and fa fa-bookmark-o icons?

I tried replacing the bookmarkLink template with this:

<span data-controller='bookmark.front.bookmark.link{{if $manage}}(manage.bookmark){{endif}}'>
    <a href="{$item->url('bookmark')->csrf()->setQueryString('isButton', $button)}" {{if $button}} class="ipsButton ipsButton_link ipsButton_verySmall "{{endif}} data-action="bookmark" data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-size="medium" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="bookmark_simple"}"  data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit="true"  ><div class="ipsButton ipsButton_light ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_narrow ks"><i class="fa fa-bookmark"></i></div></a>
{{else}}
    <a href="{$item->url('removeBookmark')->csrf()}" {{if $button}} data-isButton class="ipsButton ipsButton_link ipsButton_verySmall "{{endif}} data-action="removeBookmark"><div class="ipsButton ipsButton_light ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_narrow ks"><i class="fa fa-bookmark-o"></i></div></a>
{{endif}}
</span>

But unfortunately, you have to refresh the page between bookmarking and removing bookmarks, or it'll appear as the words again instead of the fa fa icon. I'm not sure if I'm being clear lol.

Template bookmarkLink

Replace

<span class="pulse-i" data-controller='bookmark.front.bookmark.link{{if $manage}}(manage.bookmark){{endif}}'>
    <a href="{$item->url('bookmark')->csrf()->setQueryString('isButton', $button)}" {{if !\IPS\Application::load( 'bookmark')->isSimpleMode() }} data-action="bookmark" data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-size="medium" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="bookmark_simple"}"  data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit="true" {{else}}data-action='simpleBookmark' {{endif}} data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="bookmark_i"}'><i class="fa fa-bookmark-o" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>
{{else}}
    <a href="{$item->url('removeBookmark')->csrf()}" data-action="removeBookmark" data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="bookmark_i"}'><i class="fa fa-bookmark" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>
{{endif}}
</span>

Add Css

/*Pulse*/
.pulse-i {
    position: relative;
    display: block;
    width: 25px;
    height: 25px;
    font-size: 1.3em;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #1f4c76;
    box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(90, 153, 220, 0.7), inset 0 1px 0 #ffffff;
    border-radius: 100%;
    vertical-align: middle;
    cursor: pointer;
}
span.pulse-i a {
    position: absolute;
    left: 6px;
    top: 3px;
}
.pulse-i:hover {
  -webkit-animation: pulse-i 1s infinite cubic-bezier(0.6, 0, 0, 1);
}
.pulse-i[data-controller*=manage] a {
    left: -7px;
    top: 0px;
}
.pulse-i[data-controller*=manage],.pulse-i[data-controller*=manage] a,.pulse-i[data-controller*=manage] a:hover {
    border: none !important;
}

@-webkit-keyframes pulse-i {
  to {
    box-shadow: 0 0 0 15px rgba(90, 153, 220, 0), inset 0 0 0 #abcbe9;
  }
}
span#pulse-i {
    position: absolute;
    left: 260px;
}

For language keys add