Bookmarks - Support Topic

On 10.9.2017 at 8:25 PM, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I installed as normal, and gave Admins and Moderators access to modules. I then got the errors described below

Even after I disabled it gave a lot of errors and the forum was not usable until I cleared server cache.

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\forums\Topic\Post::canBookmark() (0)
#0 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->post(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), 'topic_comment', 'forums', 'forums', 'forums_Topic')
#1 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(1755): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('post', Array)
#2 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->postContainer(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), Array, '')
#3 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(3860): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('postContainer', Array)
#4 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Array, NULL, Array, NULL, NULL, Array)
#5 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(392): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topic', Array)
#6 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#7 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#10 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

back-trace

#0 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/init.php(523): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

The template hook is called even after disabling the app? That's strange. What IPS version are you using?

55 minutes ago, Fosters said:

In development of next version 1.2.2 which fixes minor bugs.  

May I recommend some easy changes to put with it, you can do these in just a few lines of code... and they'll make a world of difference. I've already modified my own install with it.

• Making the "Create Category" page a modal rather than loading an entire page for just 1 field
  • Confirmation modal for removing a bookmark. Seems like a given, not sure how this was missed?
  • Make the delete category a modal as well. Again, it's page for just a single field.

I have more recommendations for the Bookmarks UI since it seems to be quite unpolished on this front, but I'll mention them later.

BTW: Is there any options to limit the amount of bookmarks a usergroup can create?

Edited by Cyrem
15 hours ago, Cyrem said:

May I recommend some easy changes to put with it, you can do these in just a few lines of code... and they'll make a world of difference. I've already modified my own install with it.

• Making the "Create Category" page a modal rather than loading an entire page for just 1 field
  • Confirmation modal for removing a bookmark. Seems like a given, not sure how this was missed?
  • Make the delete category a modal as well. Again, it's page for just a single field.

I have more recommendations for the Bookmarks UI since it seems to be quite unpolished on this front, but I'll mention them later.

BTW: Is there any options to limit the amount of bookmarks a usergroup can create?

He has a tracker on his website for suggestions.  

2 hours ago, Fosters said:

This is the bookmarkRows Template

Thanks! I successfully bought your app!

Immediately used it in my project. Buuut with the problem. How to make instant adding a record in the standard category? Now when you click on the button calls the dialog, but I need to skip everything and immediately add a record to a category. Here is my code:

<div class="recordInfoWrapper">
    {{if $row->canBookmark()}}
    <div class="recordRowBookmark" data-controller='bookmark.front.bookmark.link'>
      {{if !$row->isBookmarked() }}
      <a href="{$row->url('bookmark')->csrf()->setQueryString('isButton', true)}" class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important bookmarkButton" data-action="bookmark" data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-size="medium" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="bookmark"}" data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit="true">
        <i class="fa fa-star" aria-hidden="true"></i> {lang="ccustomlangstring_add_to_collection_btn"}
      </a>
      {$row->$idField}
      {{else}}
      <a href="{$row->url('removeBookmark')->csrf()}" class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important bookmarkButton bookmarkButtonDelete" data-action="removeBookmark">
        {lang="ccustomlangstring_delete_or_collection_btn"}
      </a>
      {{endif}}
    </div>
    {{endif}}
  </div>

I can use ipb content app. Thanks for answer!

9 hours ago, EugeneZybov said:

Thanks! I successfully bought your app!

Immediately used it in my project. Buuut with the problem. How to make instant adding a record in the standard category? Now when you click on the button calls the dialog, but I need to skip everything and immediately add a record to a category. Here is my code:

<div class="recordInfoWrapper">
    {{if $row->canBookmark()}}
    <div class="recordRowBookmark" data-controller='bookmark.front.bookmark.link'>
      {{if !$row->isBookmarked() }}
      <a href="{$row->url('bookmark')->csrf()->setQueryString('isButton', true)}" class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important bookmarkButton" data-action="bookmark" data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-size="medium" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="bookmark"}" data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit="true">
        <i class="fa fa-star" aria-hidden="true"></i> {lang="ccustomlangstring_add_to_collection_btn"}
      </a>
      {$row->$idField}
      {{else}}
      <a href="{$row->url('removeBookmark')->csrf()}" class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important bookmarkButton bookmarkButtonDelete" data-action="removeBookmark">
        {lang="ccustomlangstring_delete_or_collection_btn"}
      </a>
      {{endif}}
    </div>
    {{endif}}
  </div>

I can use ipb content app. Thanks for answer!

That's tricky. I'm not sure if this is possible. 1. The form data are "required" and there's also no standard category.

But I like this idea. We could create a global "quick bookmark" mode which would deactivate the modal and categories and which would set the new bookmarks always to public / private, so there wouldn't be a need for the bookmark form. Once you click on the bookmark link, it would just bookmark it.

4 minutes ago, Fosters said:

That's tricky. I'm not sure if this is possible. 1. The form data are "required" and there's also no standard category.

But I like this idea. We could create a global "quick bookmark" mode which would deactivate the modal and categories and which would set the new bookmarks always to public / private, so there wouldn't be a need for the bookmark form. Once you click on the bookmark link, it would just bookmark it.

It would be a very useful feature. For my community. Thank you very much!

18 hours ago, Fosters said:

Just add an option for a default 'Unsorted' category, send them all to this category. Clicking the bookmark button will save it to this category. If you still want an option to save it to a category, make it a split button instead, clicking the right split button brings up the dialog.... e.g:

[ bookmark | = ] 
   ^         ^ ---- Opens Save Dialog
   |--------- Saves to Unsorted.

Pretty easily solved.

On 20/09/2017 at 3:12 AM, Joel R said:

He has a tracker on his website for suggestions.  

Mmm yes, I could create an account... post some suggestions... but like most dev forums, they will probably never see the light of day.

Edited by Cyrem
1 hour ago, Cyrem said:

Mmm yes, I could create an account... post some suggestions... but like most dev forums, they will probably never see the light of day.

Untrue. I've used it and had a reply. There's also plenty of helpful info in some of the sections of the bug tracker, from what I've seen, with other people using it regularly. On top of that the dev also uses it to track things.

On 7/24/2017 at 1:24 AM, All Astronauts said:

Kitchen sink has to be at the top of the plugin list in order to allow it to move the edit and quote buttons into the dropdown menu there (if so desired). In order for me to do that I have to grab the entire postbit area. This is fine as long as kitchen sink is at the top of the plugin list, but if it is lower in the list, any plugin above it that sticks things into the postbit menu will be over written.

Drag ks to the top, that should fix things

On 7/24/2017 at 9:04 AM, Steph40 said:

It is always on top but I still get the issue. Thank you 

Same here. This is an app, not a plugin. Can't reposition it like KS.

When I disable KS, it works fine.

13 hours ago, sonimik1 said:

I do not see anything new in this release  :unsure:

We have moved this task to the todo list for the next feature release, where we're going to enhance the output on the bookmarks overview page.

In the meanwhile, you could customize the bookmarkRows template 

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Bookmarks:

We're still at work going through the final testing of the newest release of Bookmarks, planned release v1.3.0.  This is a major update with several new features including permissions per membergroup, modal menus, and improved output on the bookmarks overview.  Stay tuned for the upcoming release!