Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

5 minutes ago, Fosters said:

What do these 2 features say

5990a42ec8544_Bildschirmfoto2017-08-13um21_10_06.png.cf0f203710a25fb8e4de9be65b1da721.png

• bw_is_admin :
  • bw_is_mod :
  • bw_has_avatar :
  • bw_no_avatar :
  • bw_best_answer :
  • bw_show_postbit :
  • bw_show_profile :
  • content_count : 0
  • repcount : 0
  • registration_time : 0
  • repgiven : 0
  • groupcheck : 18

Test

YES
  • bw_is_admin :
  • bw_is_mod :
  • bw_has_avatar :
  • bw_no_avatar :
  • bw_best_answer :
  • bw_show_postbit :
  • bw_show_profile :
  • content_count : 0
  • repcount : 0
  • registration_time : 0
  • repgiven : 0
  • groupcheck : 18

Member Group 18 is correct. However I cannot see the award in the post bit, nor profile. And it's been awarded to ID4 (Admin).

Edited by Dean_

EDIT:
IGNORE! Solution found.
If somebody is as new to this as i am, then this is not a plugin, but an application.

Sorry for this, i'm a rookie!

But how do i install this? i have bought and downloaded, but the site wants me to upload an .XML file to the plugins and the file is a .tar file.

I have opened the tar file, but there is a bunch of folders and files in there, that i'd think should go into the site somehow?

Sorry again for asking something most of you probably see as obvious.

Edited by Steph Jensen
solution found

599e26f93e9f1_FostersFull.thumb.png.79a07afa8fdc5c9b2234d55ab8a0f768.png

PRICING ALERT

We are committed to making sure our applications and plugins will be the based upon the best possible coding standards.  As such, we are going to rebuild our popular "Trophies and Medals" app to factor in new features that currently aren't possible.  Due  to the large refactoring, complexity of this app, and ongoing support, we will be increasing prices in the upcoming 2.0 version.  We wanted to announce the pricing alert in advance so clients can take advantage of current prices and plan for the increase.     

This change won't affect current clients! The price will increase with Trophies and Medals 2.0 and will affect only new clients!  Buy now, save later!

Its causing error in IP ADDRESS TOOLS under site moderation.

Sorry, there is a problem

"Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX144

This error was probably caused by application Trophies & Medals.
If the issue persists, disabled it and contact the author for further assistance."

please let us know how to fix it.

Edited by priyesh.mehta94@gmail.com
3 hours ago, priyesh.mehta94@gmail.com said:

Its causing error in IP ADDRESS TOOLS under site moderation.

Sorry, there is a problem

"Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX144

This error was probably caused by application Trophies & Medals.
If the issue persists, disabled it and contact the author for further assistance."

please let us know how to fix it.

Do you see any errors in the error log?

5 hours ago, Fosters said:

Do you see any errors in the error log?

Thanks for your response. The following is showing under my logs:

Technical Details

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `x_utf_ibf_trophies_members` AS `trophies_members` WHERE ip_address LIKE '157.49.3.247'
IPS\Db\Exception: Table './ejazca_frms1/x_utf_ibf_trophies_members' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed (144)
#0 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/system/Db/Select.php(371): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT COUNT(*)...', Array, true)
#1 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/system/Db/Select.php(433): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/system/Db/Select.php(354): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/applications/trophies/extensions/core/IpAddresses/Medal.php(55): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/IPTools.php(111): IPS\trophies\extensions\core\IpAddresses\_Medal->findByIp('157.49.3.247')
#5 [internal function]: IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_IPTools->manage()
#6 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(95): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#8 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Please let me know if there is any solution.

On 1.9.2017 at 0:30 AM, priyesh.mehta94@gmail.com said:

Thanks for your response. The following is showing under my logs:

Technical Details

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `x_utf_ibf_trophies_members` AS `trophies_members` WHERE ip_address LIKE '157.49.3.247'
IPS\Db\Exception: Table './ejazca_frms1/x_utf_ibf_trophies_members' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed (144)
#0 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/system/Db/Select.php(371): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT COUNT(*)...', Array, true)
#1 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/system/Db/Select.php(433): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/system/Db/Select.php(354): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/applications/trophies/extensions/core/IpAddresses/Medal.php(55): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/IPTools.php(111): IPS\trophies\extensions\core\IpAddresses\_Medal->findByIp('157.49.3.247')
#5 [internal function]: IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_IPTools->manage()
#6 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(95): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#8 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/ejazca/public_html/invitehawk.com/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Please let me know if there is any solution.

Was your host able to assist with this?

On 13.8.2017 at 5:55 PM, Fosters said:

We're working currently on 1.2 so it's the perfect timing for further criteria suggestions:)
Any criteria ideas which you want to see implemented?

Hello - just bought this app - and I'm currently setting it up on one of my sites. I will use it to award people that meets certain criteria in a database..

Would it be possible to do this automatically by a set of custom rule? (I will use it to award people that have scaled certain summits in a database like here https://fjelltrimmen.no/index.php?/profile/1-kjell-iver/ )

7 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Hello - just bought this app - and I'm currently setting it up on one of my sites. I will use it to award people that meets certain criteria in a database..

Would it be possible to do this automatically by a set of custom rule? (I will use it to award people that have scaled certain summits in a database like here https://fjelltrimmen.no/index.php?/profile/1-kjell-iver/ )

Yes, that's coming in 1.2 :)

Just now, jair101 said:

Quick question: are users being able to disable the trophies/medals I am giving them? Some of my members are kinda annoying that they don't want "cheesy" things on their profiles. I do like cheesy things, so to avoid any conflicts it would be great if they can disable them :)

This was requested several times.I'll see if we can include it into 1.2 or later

1 hour ago, jair101 said:

Quick question: are users being able to disable the trophies/medals I am giving them? Some of my members are kinda annoying that they don't want "cheesy" things on their profiles. I do like cheesy things, so to avoid any conflicts it would be great if they can disable them :)

Implemented in 1.2 ?

Edited by Fosters

I'd thinking, that for 1,2 it would be great to:

• extend the trophie criteria to club evenst (created club, clubs joined, active in clubs)
  • events created in calendar or club calendar
  • events joined in calendar or club calendar
  • differentiate between replies to images/posts/updates
  • award trophies based on what reactions user has awarded to others or their posts
  • number of users followed / number of users who follow this user

I am totally new to this, so these might be there already or i might be misusing them. A side question - lets say i award a trophies at 100 posts, and one at 1000. How do i make sure that the latest one overwrites the first one? And what is the Group Check field?

1 hour ago, Steph Jensen said:

I'd thinking, that for 1,2 it would be great to:

• extend the trophie criteria to club evenst (created club, clubs joined, active in clubs)
  • events created in calendar or club calendar
  • events joined in calendar or club calendar
  • differentiate between replies to images/posts/updates
  • award trophies based on what reactions user has awarded to others or their posts
  • number of users followed / number of users who follow this user

I am totally new to this, so these might be there already or i might be misusing them. A side question - lets say i award a trophies at 100 posts, and one at 1000. How do i make sure that the latest one overwrites the first one? And what is the Group Check field?

Thanks for the great suggestions!  Please be sure to post them as a suggestion the Project Manager for Trophies & Medals on my website Fosters.Tech.  

59af52b71463a_FostersTrophiesMedalsMarketplaceImage.jpg.ec7e3b40dbf030c958d40936d377629d.jpg

Foster's Tutorial: Quality Content

• Are you looking for a way to reward quality postings in your community?
  • Are you looking to recognize superusers who make an outsized contribution to your community?
  • Are you looking to build a knowledge hub with reputable information?

Trying to sift through the morass of community posts can be a difficult feat for most community managers, as many communities are filled with low quality posts on general discussion topics, off topic jokes, or social chit chat.  If you're an admin who wants to cut through the chit chat and grow your reputation for high quality information, then you need a way to both recognize and reward reputable users.  

Trophies & Medals by @Fosters is a full-featured awards system that will enable you to recognize the contributions of your users.  In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to create a simple but effective automated system that rewards trophies based upon user reputation.  Using the native IPS functionality of reputation that gives users +1 / -1, you can build your own trophy system in minutes.  

1.  First, navigate to the ACP > Trophies and Medals app, which will show you all of the options for the application.  

2.  Click on Trophies > + Create New button.  You will create a trophy category with a Name and Description.  For example: "Trophies for Reputation."  Click Save.  

59af5658c5b3b_CreateTrophyCategory.thumb.JPG.493d8c535c5750a7cb55412bd60bc88d.JPG

Enter in the Name and Description to create a Project category.

3.  Once you've created a category, click on + to "Add Trophy."  Create your first trophy with the Name, Description, and Icon.  For example: "Awesome Rep +1".   

59af579728fa2_CreateTrophy.thumb.JPG.ffbb8c0ba8032b1bc400a2eb65fe74ac.JPG

Enter in the Name, Description, and Icon to create a new Trophy.

4.  Click on the tab "Award this trophy if..." and select User received at least X reputation = 1.  This will award the trophy when the user has received his first reputation.  You can browse and select other criteria as needed.  Click Save.  

59af58304489d_TrophyCriteria.thumb.JPG.e8114c05c1e9e6203a04db8990747309.JPG

User received at least X reputation should be 1.  

Congratulations, you did it!  You created your first trophy that auto-awards any member with at least 1 reputation.  If you want, you can go back and start creating more trophies for different levels of reputation.  This is what it can look like once you add more trophies:  

59af58d193c9b_TrophyReputationend.thumb.JPG.bdc7a0b2f440507ff8b8c8bb62a8dc4b.JPG

By creating a series of trophies that automatically award members for superior reputation, you're recognizing the positive contributions of your membership and motivating them to continue posting quality content!  This will result in more meaningful posts in your community, motivating users to offer insightful and useful commentary to other members, and deepen the quality of conversation.  Best of all, it gives you an automated award system that constantly runs in the background without any further work on your part.  You target positive behavior in your community and encourage users to build up the collective body of knowledge over time.  

Advanced Tips

Here are a couple of our favorite tips on making the most of the trophy system for quality content:

1. Inform your users about the new trophy badges that they can earn!  Write 2 - 3 short topics on how they earn the trophy badges, what the different badges signity, and to seek input and involvement on creative brainstorming for the badges.  It's a great way to roll it out in advance and get your community excited about this new way to reward quality posts!  
  2. Give a unique compliment such as "Awesome job!" or "People think you're amazing!" in the description of each trophy. This engenders a positive feedback loop to encourage more positive behavior.
  3. Make your levels progressively harder.  Instead of every 5 reputation levels (eg. 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25), try to make it harder over time so users need to work more to obtain the next trophy (eg. 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100).  This ensures that trophies aren't too easy to attain in a routine fashion.  
  4. Let users know when their next trophy is awarded in the description.  This gives them a goal to work towards and a reason to login to your community.  For example, if they're at a trophy for reputation 20, let the user know to keep up the good work and receive their next trophy at reputation 50.  This offers a goal completion to motivate users.  
  5.  If you run a Q&A forum, you can target 'best answers' using specialized trophy criteria and let your community compete for the most best answers. 
  6. Recognize them in person!  While the best part about the Trophies & Medals system is the level of automation that you can define in advance, you should take the time to recognize and cheer on members when they hit certain levels.  It doesn't have to be every time nor for every user, but when you notice a great post or a lot of reputation, let them know they're on their way to earning their next trophy for reputation!

I hope you enjoyed this Foster's Tutorial and learned some new things.  We're always open for questions or issues, and be sure to "like" this topic so we can start earning our reputation badges too :).  

Fosters

Edited by Fosters