Forum Page Design

Thomas K.

I think the widgets on the main forum page should be lined up. I'm not entirely sure if my suggestion works for all themes though.

I understand that technically they do line up, since "Forums" is the start of the left block, and the bar of the widget is lined up with the "Forums" title. However, with the white background, it looks messed up. Hopefully my picture shows what I mean. I'd definitely like to hear what others have to say about this suggestion.

AYVdvN4.png

• Management

It's been brought up before and is largely a matter of preference. Some like that it breaks up the whitespace, some prefer it lined up with the category. We recommended changing this for your preference as necessary. :)

On 3/3/2016 at 3:20 AM, opentype said:

The headline is wrapped in a class “ipsSpacer_bottom” which you would have to remove as well. 

.ipsPageHeader {
    display: none;
}

Indeed. Target the page header class itself, not the h1 inside it and that problem doesn't exist. That said... it will likely need individual tweaking to only affect desired pages using the attributes on the body tag if one actually goes this route - this would affect page titles *everywhere*.

1. add

body[data-pagemodule="forums"][data-pagecontroller="index"] .ipsPageHeader { display: none; }

to custom.css

or

2. remove

{template="pageHeader" group="global" app="core" params="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack('forums')"}

from "forums" -> "index" -> "index"

Archived