Can we utilize the About Me section better

kar3n2

Hi

Ive got a great plugin that allows custom fields per user group ( great for me as I will have business and non business members, only the former allowed a website URL for exmple)  but in the About Me page on the board the only filed that shows up is about me.  its seems to me that this is a waste of quality space that could look fabulous especially for a business.

So is it possible that all the other allowed fields can be added into this ABOUT ME page please?

about me page.png

this is the plugin btw   its GR8

by @Adriano Faria

1 hour ago, opentype said:

Yeah, would make sense to let the admin decide per field where to show it on the profile page. Sidebar or About me Tab. Cramming everything in the sidebar isn’t ideal. 

No it will start looking very awful and very long if a biz member ( for example) does a rather large write up about his company  :cry:

Some alternative methods to help you achieve a business directory: 

Forms by @Mike John.  It should be fairly easy for you to create a customizable form that businesses can submit that you can then list in the forums.  

Build your own directory in IP.Pages.  The fields are all built in so the submission of business information should be easy, but you will probably need to customize the listing template for it to look good.  

That way you can have multiple corporate users tied to one business listing.  

On 17/12/2016 at 8:01 PM, Joel R said:

Some alternative methods to help you achieve a business directory: 

Forms by @Mike John.  It should be fairly easy for you to create a customizable form that businesses can submit that you can then list in the forums.  

Build your own directory in IP.Pages.  The fields are all built in so the submission of business information should be easy, but you will probably need to customize the listing template for it to look good.  

That way you can have multiple corporate users tied to one business listing.  

thats great but here Im talking about the memebr having a SUPER DUPER profile page as opposed to a directory listing...  I might have several fields for example.. MY BUCKET LIST.,

the fields are different for different member groups but right now the ABOUT me section is dull and needs to show more fields for a SUPERB about me page

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Lindy said:

I'm marking this as not planned for organization purposes, however, please note that enhanced profiles are coming to the suite and I think this could be a part of it.

Excited about enhanced profiles!! Any upgrades would be appreciated. :)

Archived