3.1 Feedback

Razasharp

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should make Forum the default in "Search in section". Make the Advanced Search more obvious, instead of an icon. At least add a tooltip. Many won't know how to get to it.

Add back "All Forums", as default..most search all forums plus not many will know how to use the control key to select the forums they want to search. It's annoying having to do that every time. What happened to "Search in child forums if sub category is chosen?" Still no scrollbars in search results. :(

I have to say, I'm impressed with new search engine!!

That was the most annoying issue and I really don't care about anything else, as long, as the search works.

I just gave it a couple of shots only, but it looks good so far.

Maybe, maybe, drop-down menu is little bit confusing:

%7Boption%7D

I think, it should say "All Forums", instead of "Forums" and it could be moved either above "Help Files", or even made as default, instead of "This topic".

Agreed.

Also if you dont put anything in the search box and click on the search button it actually searches for 'search...' which i think is a bit odd. It shouldn't search for anything unless someone has put something in there =]

• Management

If it wasn't for all my friends on Facebook I could quit using Facebook with all these Facebook like features! Oh yeah, Face book really is about the friends so never mind :rolleyes:

I presume you are being sarcastic.

Regarding notifications / pop-ups: Hear you loud and clear. We'll have a meeting of minds and get back to you. :)

That is great news, are you familiar with Facebook Notifications? I hope you can do the same.

"Notifications" link should appear somewhere in the header and when you click on it, it should show like a menu. If there is any new Notifications has arrived (Real Time / Ajax) it should show green circle with number of update just like the inbox.

That is great news, are you familiar with Facebook Notifications? I hope you can do the same.

"Notifications" link should appear somewhere in the header and when you click on it, it should show like a menu. If there is any new Notifications has arrived (Real Time / Ajax) it should show green circle with number of update just like the inbox.

Eww no.

I'd be happy with something like a number on the members profile picture (same as when there are unread PM's), but maybe in a different color on the bottom right instead of the top right. Also wouldn't mind if the pop up notification only happened under certain circumstances, such as having no pending notifications or having a new one since your last session expired. That way it gets your attention once but then no more until either you've cleared all your notifications or your session expires and you return for another visit.

I would like to have a PM pop up as before when I have a new PM waiting, I rather miss that.

That was the most annoying issue and I really don't care about anything else, as long, as the search works.

[img]

[/img]

I think, it should say "All Forums", instead of "Forums" and it could be moved either above "Help Files", or even made as default, instead of "This topic".

I second this. When members do a search, 9/10 times it's going to want to search ALL the forums...not this topic. It should be the default.

I would love to see a way for a user to collapse or customize what is in the side panel. To me the shared links panel is completely useless. I don't use watched topics at all, but for someone that does it would be annoying to have that all the way at the bottom. Would be cool to be able to add/remove/order them in the UserCP.

I would love to see a way for a user to collapse or customize what is in the side panel. To me the shared links panel is completely useless. I don't use watched topics at all, but for someone that does it would be annoying to have that all the way at the bottom. Would be cool to be able to add/remove/order them in the UserCP.

+1 to your idea.

%7Boption%7D

I do not agree that "Forums" should be made default instead of "This Topic". If a member is in a topic, and wants to search it's more likely they want to search the topic. If they are NOT in a topic however, but in a forum, it's more likely they want to search the forum. If they're at the index, it's most likely they want to search all forums. This is not only "more likely" but also more logically layed out. IPB have done it exactly correct.

Regarding "Forums" vs "All Forums" it can be debatable. Not big of a deal. It can be viewed from different points of view. One might say that "Forums" makes more sense since it's the Forum App you're searching. Otherwise "Gallery" should be renamed as "All galleries". On the other hand, one might say that it actually is all forums you are searching so it makes more sense to call it "All Forums" - again, should it not be called "All Galleries", "All Blogs", etc, then aswell?

Here's something I don't like and doesn't look particularly good in my opinion.

Surely there's a better way of designing things so that the empty space can be filled with the stats?

I know the first thing that I'll be doing after upgrading to 3.1 is losing the shared links block.

3DKiwi

On the default tab in a user profile, where there is a list of status updates like the Facebook "wall", I think having a comment box after each one is excessive. A small link below each should be used to open the comment box. Only one comment box at a time should be visible.

On the forum status updates hook, the last three comments to a status update should be visible by default. The comment box should only appear after the user clicks a small link to add a comment. Only one comment box at a time should be visible.

I performed minor edits on the default skin on 3.0.5. If I upgrade to 3.1, will I have to redo these changes again?

Depends on the bits you edited. If the bit goes unchanged from 305 to 310, then no. But if there are parts upgraded, then you'll want to revert back to the default skin and make the edits again so that you gain the benefits of 310 features.

Looks good guys!

As already mentioned the Notifications is to in your face, needs to be made alot smaller maybe a drop down menu notification similar to Facebook although wouldn't copy it exactly don't want to end up like Facebook.

Keep up the good work!

Archived