Mention Tags Cannot Be Removed on Mobile

You can even reproduce this issue directly on Invision Community's forum.

Step 1: Reply to any topic on a mobile browser (tested on Android). Type in: Test @Test

Step 2: Try to remove the mention tag, you can't.

Edited by Gesundheit

• Gesundheit changed the title to Mention Tags Cannot Be Removed on Mobile

This issue was reported on our community, I tested it on a Samsung phone with an up to date Chrome browser. Looking into it a little bit further, this issue appears to occur on Microsoft Swiftkey keyboard, but not on the stock Samsung one. However, considering Swiftkey has 1B+ downloads, it's probably default on many models and worth looking into. Demo:

https://i.zz.ee/ocUdamM1L6.mp4

4 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

This issue was reported on our community, I tested it on a Samsung phone with an up to date Chrome browser. Looking into it a little bit further, this issue appears to occur on Microsoft Swiftkey keyboard, but not on the stock Samsung one. However, considering Swiftkey has 1B+ downloads, it's probably default on many models and worth looking into. Demo:

https://i.zz.ee/ocUdamM1L6.mp4

You would then need to report this to swiftkey, as the issue itself is not an issue on the editor. We have no control over what shiftkey sends to the editor (select here, backspace here etc)

The member who initially reported this issue is using Gboard - the Google Keyboard with 5B+ downloads on Google Play. It's quite the coincidence that (at least) two major on screen keyboard software have this issue that also appears to be recent. Knowing from experience how bug riddled IPS has been, it's unlikely the keyboard software is to be blamed.

35 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

I have recently updated from 4.5 to 4.7. 

• The issue was first time spotted on versions before 4.5.
  • There was no issue on 4.5.
  • The issue reappeared after update to IPS 4.7.

I can certainly report this as a bug in that case. It is worth noting however that swiftkey is not stock, so there is no guarentee we will be able to do anything on that. 

10 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I can certainly report this as a bug in that case. It is worth noting however that swiftkey is not stock, so there is no guarentee we will be able to do anything on that. 

It was not me with Swiftkey 😉 I have mentioned that the issue was not on 4.5 and now reappeared. I do not know what device or what keyboard. But I can evaluate it, if needed.

10 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The issue we know at this point is when people are using the swiftkey keyboard

Yes, the member who reported this issue is using Gboard. There was no issue though while on IPS 4.5. It is reappeared after updating to the latest IPS version.

33 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Yes, the member who reported this issue is using Gboard. There was no issue though while on IPS 4.5. It is reappeared after updating to the latest IPS version.

If I am understanding though, Gboard isn't though natively installed on the device, it is an addon. Thus, would need to be reviewed by our team to see if we want to support it.

GBoard is the default keyboard of the Google Android OS (it's on Pixel devices, it's on most OnePlus devices, plus others that don't massively deviate from the stock OS)

'Samsung Keyboard' is the native keyboard on the Samsung version of the Google Android OS, but can be overridden by the manual installation of GBoard from Google Play, just like SwiftKey is available for all Android devices.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

On 2/19/2024 at 12:05 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

Please could you ask that member? I can add the extra info to the bug report

This member uses the default keyboard on his iPhone.

Concerning the issues on Android devices: members who use original Samsung do not have any issues. But users with devices Xiaomi and Honor cannot delete mentions. Even if they use the default keyboard.

20 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

This member uses the default keyboard on his iPhone.

Concerning the issues on Android devices: members who use original Samsung do not have any issues. But users with devices Xiaomi and Honor cannot delete mentions. Even if they use the default keyboard.

Thanks Sonya. I have added this information to the bug report