Unwanted notification here on IPS

2 hours ago, Afrodude said:

Beside this there's another wired thing happened, and I don't know if anyone else noticed it.

IPS-All-Site.png

https://postimg.cc/2bjVtLWv

This topic was repeated many times.

I did notice it and merged them all into the one topic.

I don't think this is an issue with Invision Community, but perhaps that person posting and/or refreshing one or five too many times. 😛

2 hours ago, Gary said:

I did notice it and merged them all into the one topic.

I don't think this is an issue with Invision Community, but perhaps that person posting and/or refreshing one or five too many times. 😛

The error happened yesterday to me. I was posting the topic and clicked SUBMIT button - then your page reported something went wrong error but I continued to click BACK/SUBMIT - still got same error. I even was not aware all topics were posted. You may want to report to developers for review of the logs, as I believe that multi-posting (in case of some error) should be prevented on code-level.

Edited by PatrickRQ

• Management
13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

One more now:

kah1iQR.jpg

I don’t follow the user neither the forum:

XhLc32s.jpg

This topic was posted in here which triggered the notification, then moved to the Set Up forum. As the notification data  is gathered when you view it, it's just pulling in the forum name from its destination forum, not the forum it was posted in.

I can see the confusion however.

12 hours ago, PatrickRQ said:

The error happened yesterday to me. I was posting the topic and clicked SUBMIT button - then your page reported something went wrong error but I continued to click BACK/SUBMIT - still got same error. I even was not aware all topics were posted. You may want to report to developers for review of the logs, as I believe that multi-posting (in case of some error) should be prevented on code-level.

Thanks for clarifying and informing us of what you did for this error to occur.

The dev team have been tagged in this topic and they will take a closer look.