Live Messenger

Support Topic for the app Live Messenger

Could contain: Text, File, Menu, Page Could contain: Text, Text Message Could contain: Text, Page Could contain: Text, Text Message Could contain: Text

Live Messenger for Invision Community. This app is not an alternative to the standard IPS Messenger, but a handy add-on. Live Messenger was created to relieve communication with other users. Loading and sending new messages is happens without reloading the pages. The main advantage of this application is that you can quickly write or read a personal message on any community page.

Features

• Quick Buttons: create pm, open messenger and show/hide Live Messenger window.
  • Quick access to recent private messages.
  • Quick access to the private conversation.
  • Messages in a minimal design, without distracting design elements.
  • Select the groups that can use Live Messenger.
  • PM read/unread icon.
  • Quick message sending.

Really beautiful application but I have problems with the display, here on basic skin:

Could contain: File, Text, Word, Webpage

The user badge covers the text, and the space under the text form is huge. Also I think the message highlighting here is ugly....

With the skin I use on my forum instead, a skin of @Ehren, the illuminate Dark

when I hover over the "Messenger" tab, it turns completely whiteimage.png.c7ed6e9087c7b0188102dabfc7079c99.png

On 5/29/2022 at 12:03 PM, Kirill Gromov said:

@Askancy thanks, It will be fixed in next version.

Hi @Kirill another little advice.

If one has a forum configured as PWA and has devised a bar with tabs to browse the forum, the messenger bar takes up the whole string...

Could contain: Text, Electronics, Person, Human

It would be nice to have a setting where you can choose whether to have this messenger tab in the footer, or in the right/left side of the page so it's not annoying, That follows the scrolling of the page, but is not disruptive.

example:

Could contain: Text, Poster, Advertisement, Person, Human, Flyer, Brochure, Paper

On 6/4/2022 at 9:09 AM, Kirill Gromov said:

Hello, @Askancy!

New 1.0.1 version is waiting for approval and in this version I have added a setting to disable this floating block. Perhaps in the next versions I will add the ability to customize the position of the block on mobile, thanks.

Nice! I am trying this out.

I fall in the same boat as some others - my community utilizes a footer navigation.

When the Live Messenger app is enabled, it covers it. Perhaps a small message icon wrapped in a circle floating above the footer nav would suffice as an additional option? 

262260d1497983826t-how-do-i-remove-floating-icon-my-samsung-note-5-img_20170620_153514.jpg

Also, when I went to message someone back, it was blank on both the Live Messenger section, and also in the PM itself.

Could contain: Text, Person, Human, Alphabet

Could contain: Text, Mobile Phone, Electronics, Phone, Cell Phone, Person, Human

Any insight would be great! Thanks. 🙏 

Hello, @breatheheavy!

14 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Nice! I am trying this out.

I fall in the same boat as some others - my community utilizes a footer navigation.

When the Live Messenger app is enabled, it covers it. Perhaps a small message icon wrapped in a circle floating above the footer nav would suffice as an additional option? 

In the next version, I will add the ability to switch the view in the acp settings.

15 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Also, when I went to message someone back, it was blank on both the Live Messenger section, and also in the PM itself.

Are all messages empty or just one under some circumstances?

1 hour ago, Kirill Gromov said:

Hello, @breatheheavy!

In the next version, I will add the ability to switch the view in the acp settings.

Thank you! I disabled the app once I tried messaging someone and it was blank. I will try again today and see. 🙏 

Looking forward to the different view as well. 

8 hours ago, Kirill Gromov said:

If a person has the form selected and clicks submit or presses send, it sends a blank message, whereas it should behave like the message application and not send anything...

In addition, live messenger should not be shown if a user is not logged in

Edited by Askancy
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have an error when opening a message to read.

IPS 4.7, PHP 8.1

Could contain: Text

In AdminCP:

TypeError: array_filter(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given in /home/website/public_html/community/applications/core/sources/Messenger/Conversation.php:535 
Stack trace: 
#0 /home/website/public_html/community/applications/core/sources/Messenger/Conversation.php(535): array_filter() 
#1 /home/website/public_html/community/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(15): IPS\core\Messenger\_Conversation->get_activeParticipants() 
#2 /home/website/public_html/community/system/Content/Item.php(5192): IPS\core\Messenger\hook1123->canCommentReview() 
#3 /home/website/public_html/community/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(160): IPS\Content\_Item->canComment() 
#4 /home/website/public_html/community/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_livemessenger_front_global->messageComment() 
#5 /home/website/public_html/community/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(489): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call() 
#6 /home/website/public_html/community/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_livemessenger_front_global->messageItem() 
#7 /home/website/public_html/community/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call() 
#8 /home/website/public_html/community/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(738): IPS\core\Messenger\livemessenger_hook_MessageModel->htmlMini() 
#9 /home/website/public_html/community/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_livemessenger_front_global->messagesDisplay() 
#10 /home/website/public_html/community/applications/livemessenger/modules/front/chat/messenger.php(167): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call() 
#11 /home/website/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\livemessenger\modules\front\chat\_messenger->getConversation() 
#12 /home/website/public_html/community/applications/livemessenger/modules/front/chat/messenger.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute() 
#13 /home/website/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\livemessenger\modules\front\chat\_messenger->execute() 
#14 /home/website/public_html/community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run() 
#15 {main}

Hi Kirill,

I'm about 15 minutes new to this. You seem extremely well versed with the Vision platform, IT & all other layers of technology. Will Vision allow me to post reviews anonymously, including the IP address? If not, any suggestions where I can locate software to help this? 

Many thanks!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi @Kirill Gromov some small requests to improve this beautiful great app. 

• Hide the app whenever you click anywhere else on the site instead on pressing on the minimize button. 
  • Add ability to auto refresh whenever you are receiving a new private message. 
  • Add ability to SORT BY and FILTER BY 
  • Add data-ipsTooltip to the icons in order to be more helpful. Could contain: Text
Edited by Afrodude
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just tried to install this from Marketplace in my IPB.

It's listed in the section 'Applications not currently installed'. Then when I click the install + next to it I get thid:

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!
2C133/4 The application you are attempting to install appears to be installed already. To reinstall the application you must first uninstall it.

What do I need to do to get it working? IPB 4.7

• 4 weeks later...