Hump Day: What was your favorite feature added in 2021?

hump copy.png

Happy Hump Day! We're officially inching towards the new year. 🤯 It's a great time to reflect. 

Invision Community introduced a bunch of new features, updates and fixes this year. Which one was your favorite?

In 2021, we launched no-code automation with our Zapier integration, added web push notifications, offline support, stock replies and new reporting metrics.

We also improved spam managementSEO crawl efficiencyClubsActivity Streams and introduced a native gamification system named Achievements (my personal fav). Achievements was even improved based off of your feedback! 
👏 

And don't forget about the recent Elastic Search implementations.

As the new year approaches, so do new ideas and projects. We have more exciting features on the way and can't wait to share them with you soon!

Is there anything you'd like to see in particular? Drop us a line in the comments; we want to hear from you!

---

Even though we had a short week, our developers still knocked out a bunch of updates:

- Fixed an issue where the AdminCP member history for posting restrictions may not show the correct length of time.
- Updated CKEditor to 4.17.1.

- Updated HTMLPurifier to 4.13.0.

- Added the CSRF key to the dynamic chart delete link.

- Fixed an issue where Profile Settings would throw an error instead of showing a validation error.

- Fixed an issue where cloud customers could see an incorrect cache error message. 

- Added the ability to moderate or replace posted email addresses with an obfuscated placeholder in content.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!

20 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions

I hope that you in the future could have more focus On third party developers. 
I’m sure all the team have worked hard On all of this, but my users mostly don’t care about all this.

Many users in this forum have asked again and again to get back the link to the markedplace from index - but this rather small suggestion has not been implemented, and trafic on the markedplace have declined (just an observation - not sure it is true). Active third party developers are superimportant.

4 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I’m sure all the team have worked hard On all of this, but my users mostly don’t care about all this.

Many users in this forum have asked again and again to get back the link to the markedplace from index - but this rather small suggestion has not been implemented, and trafic on the markedplace have declined (just an observation - not sure it is true). Active third party developers are superimportant.

Would love to think up something to show third-party developers some love. 👌 

One of my favorite features was email notification on content approval, but it broke and probably will not be fixed in 2021. I'm biased because I use content moderation/approval a lot. I do like web push notifications and SEO improvements (waiting for that to pay off). 

I like achievements but would really like to see closer integration with subscriptions and group promotions.

On 12/2/2021 at 10:09 AM, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I agree. We need their plugins and apps, they often fill in the blanks where IPS is lacking a feature.

I wear few different hats so here's my list:

• As user definitely the  Activity Stream Subscriptions.
  • As Community Admin/Consultant nothing beats this years Zapier/Webhook implementation and I'm really excited about the yet to come stuff.🤐
  • As Community Owner it's really tricky to pick a favorite feature ( I tried already once:D )
    I'm very happy with our progress this year. The 4.6 release was really amazing and full with new features. Especially some minor enhancements like the "Solved content" enhancements were a welcome addition.