Hump Day: 4.6.3 is officially out!

graphic2.png

Hey team, we just released a new update: 4.6.3 is officially live!

Our Community is currently on it 👏 

Per @Matt, we made a few key and immediate updates to...

• Anonymous posting
  • Reaction achievement extension
  • Milestones in achievements

If you are experiencing any troubles upgrading, drop us a line. 

---

We also have a lengthly list of additional updates made since last week's Hump Day post 🤯 

- Fixed an issue where the member's "solved count" would not show in QA forums.
- Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to add products to the registration form. (Commerce)
- Fixed a PHP8 issue where an error may occur if you have a Date based profile field where a member doesn't have it filled in.
- Fixed an issue where member-type profile fields would be missing their label while editing profiles.
- Fixed an issue where it isn't possible to upgrade if you are not using utf8mb4.
- Added deleted member ID to administrator logs.
- Fixed a PHP8 issue where an error may occur if you have a Date based profile field where a member doesn't have it filled in.
- Fixed an error sending bulk mails when filtering by member type.
- Added logging to Member History when adding or removing a member from a club.
- Fixed a PHP8 related issue, where some pages which show tags could return an error.
- Added support for anonymous items/comments to REST API for all IPS apps.
- Fixed a PHP8 error that can occur during install.
- Fixed an issue where known issues may be shown in the support section that do not apply.
- Fixed an issue where it may not be possible to save a product with "Show on registration form" enabled.
- Fixed a PHP8 error when attempting to use various features that produces or reads XML, such as downloading member information.
- Fixed issues that prevented "Add to homescreen" banner from showing on communities installed in a subdirectory.
- Fixed an issue where WebP images may not retain their .webp extension after upload.
- Fixed an issue where splitting a topic may cause a database error. (Forums)
- Fixed an issue where guests were unable to sign-in during the checkout process.
- Fixed an issue where Searchable Content with ReadMarkers and no container would break the search.
- Fixed an issue where IP Address Tools would show Posts before registration is complete.
- Fixed an issue where notifications for followed calendars could show the event on the wrong date
- Fixed an issue where points are still awarded for a rule even if a member had previously reached the set milestone. (Achievements) 

---

By the way... we just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who watched / participated in our first-ever live event on Zoom. We're looking forward to doing more of them! 

Missed it? Watch here.

---

And to those of you who've ventured into this topic and made it to the bottom of this post, you are rewarded with a 🔥  photo of @Mark H from 1974.

phil.jpg

Questions? Comments? Hit us up in the comments - we're looking forward to chatting with you! 

2 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Take a look at your server logs!

My guess is that your php8 installation is missing some mandatory modules ( I’ve seen few tickets with missing php-mbstring module on their PHP 8 installations) 

Any issues with YouTube embeds? I ran PHP 8, and only one topic wouldn't load which had YouTube videos within. Changed to 7.4 and the page loaded fine. Doing some more testing currently, but I thought I'd ask here while people are talking about PHP8.

4 hours ago, Daniel F said:

My guess is that your php8 installation is missing some mandatory modules ( I’ve seen few tickets with missing php-mbstring module on their PHP 8 installations) 

It is one database template file. Something in this make it crash with php8

<div class='ipsPageHeader ipsBox ipsPadding ipsResponsive_pull ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_bottom'>
    <div class='ipsFlex ipsFlex-ai:center ipsFlex-jc:between sm:ipsFlex-fd:column sm:ipsFlex-ai:stretch ipsGap:4'>
        <div class='ipsFlex-flex:11'>
            <h1 class='ipsType_pageTitle'>{$database->_title}</h1>
            {{if $database->_description}}
                <div class='ipsPageHeader_info ipsType_light'>
                    {$database->_description}
                </div>
            {{endif}}
        </div>
        <div class='ipsFlex-flex:00'>
            {{if $database->use_categories}}
                <a href="{$url->setQueryString('show', 'categories')}" class="ipsButton ipsButton_small ipsButton_fullWidth ipsButton_light"><i class="fa fa-folder-open"></i> {lang="cms_show_categories"}</a>
            {{else}}
                {{$catClass = 'IPS\cms\Categories' . $database->id; $category = $catClass::load( $database->default_category );}}
                {template="follow" app="core" group="global" params="'cms','categories' . $database->id, $category->_id, \IPS\cms\Records::containerFollowerCount( $category )"}
            {{endif}}
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

{{if $database->can('add') or \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id}}
    <ul class="ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_both ipsResponsive_hidePhone">
        {{if $database->can('add')}}
            <li class='ipsToolList_primaryAction'>
                <a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth" {{if $database->use_categories}}data-ipsDialog="1" data-ipsDialog-size="narrow" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="cms_select_category"}"{{endif}} href="{$url->setQueryString( array( 'do' => 'form', 'd' => \IPS\cms\Databases\Dispatcher::i()->databaseId ) )}">{lang="cms_add_new_record_button" sprintf="$database->recordWord( 1 )"}</a>
            </li>
        {{endif}}
    </ul>
{{endif}}

<section class='ipsType_normal ipsSpacer_both'>
    {{if \count($articles)}}
        {{foreach $articles as $id => $record}}
            {template="entry" app="cms" location="database" group="category_articles" params="$record, $database"}
        {{endforeach}}
    {{endif}}
</section>
{{if $database->featured_settings['pagination'] and ( $pagination['pages'] > 1 )}}
    {template="pagination" app="core" location="global" group="global" params="$url, $pagination['pages'], $pagination['page'], $database->featured_settings['perpage'], TRUE, 'page'"}
{{endif}}

I had login logs - application causing 500 Error. @Adriano Faria When you get chance can you please take a look for that app and php 8? Thank you.

9 hours ago, Daniel F said:

anh so that was you! Thanks for the tip in ticket as well!

Edited by AlexJ

I applauded IPS hiring Jordan as a community advocate.  But Jordan's advocacy for the community seems to have noticeably dwindled to next to nothing since 4.6 was soft launched to the community.  The vast majority of his contributions here of late have been marketing related.

This particular release seems much more complicated for IPS, the marketplace developers and your customers than prior releases, as such we could benefit from Jordan being noticeably more active advocating on our behalf.  

On 7/2/2021 at 2:31 PM, Owdy said:

No PHP 8 support? If i enable php8, get
image.png.51c6f2680602272e300cf1f1043fea6f.png

Seems it is custom plugin/application what does this, Cleantalk antispam.

Edited by Owdy