IPS Commerce: download invoices as PDF

LaCollision

Hi,

That would be amazing to be able to download invoices as PDF.

I know this is not an out-of-box web feature, but maybe you could see what's possible to do with a 3rd party software?

This request seems really popular:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/455902-download-invoice-as-pdf-on-the-fly/

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/459467-download-invoices-improvement/

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/457560-generate-pdf-invoice-and-download-all-invoices-by-date-range/

That feature would really improve IPS.Commerce.

Thank you!

I’m 99% on Macs, so how do other operating systems deal with PDFs these days? I generate IPS invoices almost every day. I open them in the ACP, then click CMD + P to print them (for my bookkeeping which I have to store for 10 years) and from the very same dialog window I just click on “Save as PDF” to create my digital copies. 

1 minute ago, opentype said:

I’m 99% on Macs, so how do other operating systems deal with PDFs these days? I generate IPS invoices almost every day. I open them in the ACP, then click CMD + P to print them (for my bookkeeping which I have to store for 10 years) and from the very same dialog window I just click on “Save as PDF” to create my digital copies. 

On Windows 10, you have pretty much the same option.

But my clients would like a downloadable PDF file, and it doesn't look very professional to ask them to do that kind of manipulation 😕 Not to mention those who won't know how.

2 minutes ago, LaCollision said:

But my clients would like a downloadable PDF file, and it doesn't look very professional to ask them to do that kind of manipulation 😕 Not to mention those who won't know how.

I wouldn't say that's manipulation but rather an option available to them if they prefer PDFs. If I prefer to save the invoice as a PNG, I simply screenshot the invoice and save it as such. I don't ask the website for a PNG.

6 minutes ago, The Jimmo said:

I wouldn't say that's manipulation but rather an option available to them if they prefer PDFs. If I prefer to save the invoice as a PNG, I simply screenshot the invoice and save it as such. I don't ask the website for a PNG.

Saving files as PDF is a much more common usage, and is an established standard.

For instance, administrations specifically ask for PDF files, as this is an obligation for them… and people from administrations are not the most tech savvy in the world 😅

You don't even need to Ctrl+P. Just tell them to right click and choose "Print" and then "save as PDF". They can't that stupid (er... I mean, "not tech savvy") as to mess this up 🙂 
If they can't figure this out, I'm sorry to say, but they'll probably miss the "save pdf" button as well 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Pavel Chernitsky

In my humble opinion, it's ridiculous that a PDF invoice cannot be generated on ACP. It's the standard for documents. It should be there by default. An option to generate and download pdf, and also send the pdf invoice to the client when the product has been purchased. It's something very basic that any application should have.