CKEditor 5

Yamamura

Will Invision Community 4.4 include CKEditor 5? If not, then I would like the font size button and text alignment button to be like in CKEditor 5.

1. Font size:

4cA7oky.png

This button looks better on the toolbar. The list of options is simple, concise and convenient. In addition, it will not allow users to make the font size too small or too large.

2. Text alignment:

RTIDNF4.png

This button takes up less space on the toolbar, and it is more convenient to use it in the editor on a smartphone, for example.

I asked IPS about Ckeditor 5 because I liked the inline and balloon toolbars.  

@Mark slapped me down.  Hard.  My cheeks still sting from the slapdown LOL.  Something about IPS would need to rewrite all of their plugins, we would lose some of the features that IPS needs, and current version is supported until 2023.  So that's a hard no.  

Not until Invision Community 5 maybe or later.  

Edited by Joel R

To clarify since @Joel R mentioned me specifically... 😂

We will be sticking with CKEditor 4 for a little while. While we will presumably move to CKEditor 5 some time in the future, it is currently still very new and maturing (when Joel asked me, it was before 5.11.2.0 was released which is when they re-added paste from word). But most importantly, to move would require a lot of development time (to upgrade our custom plugins) for what will be, to the end-user, very little change. And since CKEditor plans to continue releasing updates to version 4 for the foreseeable future we're not missing out on bug fixes or security patches.

Obviously if you're experiencing issues, please submit a support ticket and we can look into that - if you're not seeing the same problems on CKEditor's demo, the problem is likely our end and so it's probable that moving to CKEditor 5 wouldn't resolve it.

• 1 year later...
On 12/22/2018 at 9:12 AM, Takohashi said:

Will Invision Community 4.4 include CKEditor 5? If not, then I would like the font size button and text alignment button to be like in CKEditor 5.

1. Font size:

4cA7oky.png

This button looks better on the toolbar. The list of options is simple, concise and convenient. In addition, it will not allow users to make the font size too small or too large.

2. Text alignment:

RTIDNF4.png

This button takes up less space on the toolbar, and it is more convenient to use it in the editor on a smartphone, for example.

Hi, maybe is not the proper hread, but do you know how toinstall that "heading" button to our ckeditor?

• 2 weeks later...