Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

1 minute ago, Nicholas Cole said:

I'm struggling to use super blocks for my database on my home page.  If I remove the database block, the superblock block that feeds from that database will not show any records. If I leave the database block on the page then both superblocks and database work, but I then have duplication of records on that page.  

How can I point my database to this page but hidden so that superblocks works?

If you want a SuperBlocks homepage, create a NEW page, make it the frontpage and only add SuperBlocks there. 

1 minute ago, Nicholas Cole said:

So i've tried that already, but the superblock won't work on the new page until I then insert the database block to the new page..  

No, you definitely don’t need to add the database on the same page. But it needs to be available on a page. If the database has no page, you cannot create blocks linking to it, neither SuperBlocks or any other blocks. 

12 minutes ago, opentype said:

No, you definitely don’t need to add the database on the same page. But it needs to be available on a page. If the database has no page, you cannot create blocks linking to it, neither SuperBlocks or any other blocks. 

Ahhh ok!  

SO now I suppose I need to keep the page somewhere hidden and then make my new home page my real home page (or landing page)

Thanks for explaining that, to an amateur! 👍

26 minutes ago, Nicholas Cole said:

Ahhh ok!  

SO now I suppose I need to keep the page somewhere hidden and then make my new home page my real home page (or landing page)

Thanks for explaining that, to an amateur! 👍

What I did was make my Database page an Articles page, not hidden.  After that, I made a main page with all of the Superblocks on it segmented out by the different categories I want (Latest News, Auto Show News, Latest Reviews).  There really is no reason to hide the page if you set its template to Supergrid FrontPage. 

You can check it out here:
Main page with Pages Superblocks - https://www.cheersandgears.com/
Database page which is reachable by the News tab up top. - https://www.cheersandgears.com/articles/

45 minutes ago, opentype said:

Looks like SuperGrid in both places, but regarding the use of blocks and databases, it applies perfectly to what we discussed. 

yes, it is SuperGrid in both... one is built up of blocks and the other is just the database template.  It's a fantastic add-on. very happy with it.

I've just purchased this wonderful item 'Superblocks' for my community. There are a couple of issues that I was wondering if you could help me with.

For one of the topic feeds I have selected '6' to show but only 5 are showing (As depicted below.)

(from ACP: pages - blocks)

image.thumb.png.3e83b3371ec15082c4b4236934ab51f9.png

(Actual home page view)

2019-03-21_14-48-44.thumb.png.8a5f4946a845a562a11b055719a6c10a.png

There is also an issue with the blogs (I called them journals at my community), nothing from my personal blogs are showing, yet I have them set to public view. (As depicted below

(My ACP - Pages - Blocks)

image.thumb.png.bae7267f98b706d75221a037859980e7.png

My Home Page View Below

image.thumb.png.29e7caca963353ff4f8c2f1d54c52c84.png

Note; no entries from my blog are located by the block.

Edited by Humanastorian
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, sushant sharma said:

I checked and everything is allright and up to date. What might be the solution please?

If upgrading and patching doesn’t fix it, you have to open a support ticket with IPS. That has nothing to do with SuperBlocks. 

Hello.

The "SuperBlocks" plugin is a 3rd-party item, and all support for 3rd-party items is handled by their respective author.

If this error is only happening with that plugin, and not with a block or widget native to the software, you'd need to contact the plugin author for help, or post in the Support Topic for that plugin if it was purchased in our Marketplace.

But if this error occurs when using one of the built-in functions of the software, please let us know.

Regards,

Mark Higgins
Invision Power Services, Inc.

This is the reply i got from Invision support. Can i expect a help sir?

26 minutes ago, sushant sharma said:

Can i expect a help sir?

No. My answer still stands. Pay attention to this sentence from support: 

But if this error occurs when using one of the built-in functions of the software, please let us know.

This is exactly what is happening. So please continue with the ticket. 
I know this error. I know it is not caused by my plugin. The error is in a ACP database query. SuperBlocks does not contain database queries. 

Edited by opentype
  • 3 weeks later...

Any tips on where/how to integrate links to the actual pages represented by the blocks?

Example: I have a calendar block titled "Upcoming Events". I'd like there to be a clear path/link to the actual "site.com/calendar" somewhere.

I'm afraid mobile users, especially, may not be aware there is a full Calendar beyond the 5 (or whatever) shown in the Superblock.

Same for Gallery / Forum / whatever other Superblocks.

Any tips from other users?

Or, @opentype, maybe we can turn the block titles into links?

17 hours ago, opentype said:

You can add a WYSIWYG block below each SuperBlocks block with a “more” link to the sections. That should work and look fine. 

KISS - "Keep It Simple, Stupid"

Thanks @opentype

Added a WYSIWYG with centered/italicized "All Events" under the Calendar Superblock.

And a WYSIWYG with centered/italicized "All Media" under my Gallery Superblock.

etc...

Perfect! Works for both Mobile & Desktop.

Edited by haqzore