Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

52 minutes ago, bing11 said:

why images all too big? how make like yours?

Lot’s of broken images in your post, so I am not perfectly sure what you want to show. 

The difference between the two images I see is just the number of block entries, which affects the layout. 

5 hours ago, opentype said:

Lot’s of broken images in your post, so I am not perfectly sure what you want to show. 

The difference between the two images I see is just the number of block entries, which affects the layout. 

why my web images is too big . Could you please help me ? I send my acp access to you .

thank you

31 minutes ago, bing11 said:

top 2 entries not show in mobile phone theme .

It probably means that the thumbnail images aren’t available or can’t be accessed. But that’s not really a SuperBlocks issue. I have no control over that. 

You can also force to use the hi-res versions if you want in the SuperBlocks settings. 

1067737525_Bildschirmfoto2018-07-14um16_37_17.png.004ef953973446a24c9829800b59f221.png

“Auto” uses a mix of thumbnail and hires. “hi-res” only uses the hires images. 

Edited by opentype
  • 2 weeks later...

Kudos. When I was active here before Pages was not really ready for prime time even though it worked. Looks like much has changed and presentation with your addon looks excellent and pages load reasonably quickly too. A couple of questions:

- Are there any templates you'd suggest? I want to make sure that it retains the crisp simplicity you've displayed for a professional/business appearance - which might be using a theme by Heosforo? 

- I've noticed that the templates use the existing text in blocks from the article. I can't remember but I'm very sure that you can also use snippet summaries instead (or "excerpts" as they are called in Wordpress) Can you confirm?

21 minutes ago, esquire said:

- I've noticed that the templates use the existing text in blocks from the article. I can't remember but I'm very sure that you can also use snippet summaries instead (or "excerpts" as they are called in Wordpress) Can you confirm?

It uses the main content field of Pages articles, forum posts, blog posts and so on. There are no options to change that. 

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

It uses the main content field of Pages articles, forum posts, blog posts and so on. There are no options to change that. 

Ah... yes... hard to believe we had this conversation 3 years ago about whether there was native treatment of fields in Pages. In essence I think I understand what you did since Pages doesn't have that field created natively and ultimately can't know where to look for an excerpt database field without specifying it. I recall being able to do this on another site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!
I got the mod, but I can not configure it so it was like a demo, the picture is only displayed to the first record .. and then in auto size, if in the settings to put a preview, the picture blurs ..
I just can not get it to be like a demo, the picture showed up for all the records, and I only have to the first one.

Please tell me where to look for the cause and how it https://forum.kamfishing.ru/index.php?/тест2/

If necessary, I will give access to ACP

I just installed this. I added it to my home page (PAGES). Is there a way to move this around? I just wanted to use this for the main forum and feed it to the home page. The last topic is HUGE and there is one to the right of it and it doesn't look right. Anyway to move the right side topic to underneath? Maybe I missed the options to move the block around? I don't see it in Block settings or in the pages block settings.

I would like a main block at the top and then three topics underneath. 1x3x1 would be nice.... can I change this?

2 hours ago, RLPVT said:

I just installed this. I added it to my home page (PAGES). Is there a way to move this around? I just wanted to use this for the main forum and feed it to the home page. The last topic is HUGE and there is one to the right of it and it doesn't look right. Anyway to move the right side topic to underneath? Maybe I missed the options to move the block around? I don't see it in Block settings or in the pages block settings.

Can you provide an URL or screenshot. I am not really sure what you are asking. 

Basically I set it to 6 topics. I want to use it to fill up the main page like your example in the initial posting of this mod. The issue I am having is when I set it to 6 I am getting 3 across. I would like it to be like the latest topic is on a line by itself. And the remaining ones in smaller fields. Is there a setting for this? One of the topics has an image in it and when it displays to squashes the other 2 additional ones on the same line together and it looks bad. Is there a way to change that setting?

Maybe I am missing it?

example.thumb.png.5936bdc0df2bc976c24f36ae2215384d.png

4 minutes ago, RLPVT said:

Basically I set it to 6 topics. I want to use it to fill up the main page like your example in the initial posting of this mod. The issue I am having is when I set it to 6 I am getting 3 across. I would like it to be like the latest topic is on a line by itself. And the remaining ones in smaller fields. Is there a setting for this? 

No. You can choose from 6 different layouts connected to the number of entries in a block. The layouts itself cannot be changed. But you can add multiple blocks to the same page for more variations. 

OK thanks for the speedy response. So I reduced it down to one topic. The topic had a small image in it. Now with only one topic in it the image is stretched over the entire block and covering even the title. Is there is any image controls I am missing on the image size it produces?

11 minutes ago, RLPVT said:

OK thanks for the speedy response. So I reduced it down to one topic. The topic had a small image in it. Now with only one topic in it the image is stretched over the entire block and covering even the title. Is there is any image controls I am missing on the image size it produces?

One entry will fill the entire width and if there is an image, it will be used as background image over the entire width. That is intentional. 

There are image settings in the plugin settings to show more or less images. But you probably don’t want to remove the background image as that is one of the key features why people use this block template over the default one. 

Edited by opentype

I am really starting to see the issues here. I am just now getting on 4.3 from a 3.4 board. Lots of stuff has changed. So bare with my ignorance on this

So I think what I should have done is purchased your Supergrids. I was wanting to use this to replace my old IP Content home page. I cannot seem to find how to promote to the articles still in my old database. But reading about your other mod that might have been a better way to go. I just tried to create two topic feed blocks But there is no way to say Images in one and not in the other. If the feed is topic then I cannot have two topic feeds one with image and one with none. I don't mind the top one being a full image with only one article because I tried setting that to Featured only. The other was none featured. But I wanted them to only be topics without images. So it would be cleaner.

In my old Article template I had a Top article with a Large image and then title and author and underneath I had smaller images with articles based on date posted. Maybe I should have looked at this more closely. :rolleyes:

Edited by RLPVT
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Re the latest posts on here https://www.opentype.space/superblocks/

If the post does not have a photo - is there a way to show a default photo instead (or another app / plugin that can achieve this?

So we can have the sidebar and this app on the homepage as per above shot?

Thanks in advance

On 5/1/2018 at 10:52 AM, opentype said:

Let me explain it visually. ? You can add it all full-width columns. 

superblocks2.thumb.png.8f412cacd8286375ae82f2795395a5e2.png

superblocks.thumb.png.7797243f7635a7ec993aa7f3831f9ec0.png

Edited by Unlucky