Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

3 hours ago, opentype said:

No. 

I realize that you know whether your app would need to be rewritten for Lazyload but please correct me if wrong. If I have a page with a lot of images with Lazy Load only the images in the viewable window are actually downloaded. Thus making the page appear smaller and quicker to load? That is, until I scroll down.

For example, my front page is 2mb in size and would probably be recognized as being around 700kb with lazy load. Without all 2mb is loaded at once.

Am I missing something here?

If I am correct and you do not want to implement LazyLoad is it permissible for me to hire someone to implement it to your product?

Edited by Christforums
8 hours ago, Christforums said:

For example, my front page is 2mb in size and would probably be recognized as being around 700kb with lazy load. Without all 2mb is loaded at once.

Am I missing something here?

You’re missing what that means for the users. It‘ not like they see a blank screen until the 2 MB are fully loaded. The page rendering will start exactly at the same time, with or without lazyload, if the image dimensions are known. With lazyload, there might be a tiny loading advantage above-the-fold and then a disadvantage of newly introduced wait time while scrolling. Without lazyload you don’t have that scrolling wait time, but a slightly slower above-the-fold finish time. Again, I tested this and could not see clear benefits for a typical use of my template products and even a considerably worse experience in some cases. 

8 hours ago, Christforums said:

If I am correct and you do not want to implement LazyLoad is it permissible for me to hire someone to implement it to your product?

You could, but I do not recommend it. If you modify any template, you can’t receive updates for it anymore. 

Also keep in mind that native browser lazyload is coming. I’m happy to support that in the future, since it is a proper and elegant solution. JavaScript-based lazyload really is not. 

OK. Let's start from the beginning. 
I started using your plugins:

• SuperTopics (no issues)
  • SuperBlock (!)

I'm not able to make it work. Custom block is not showing my artcile's feed. I read docs. I've created block, I set up content etc. I can see the error and that's all. 

Two pages back there was one user with one similar issue. I saw that when setting up SuperBlocks - I'm not able to select "Articles" category until I add on my page stock "Database block" showing "articles". 

Do I need to set up somehow "Articles" category or page?  

Screenshot 2019-07-14 at 21.14.59.png

Edited by adekk
6 minutes ago, adekk said:

I was trying to read the thread. I saw one similar issue - I'm not able to add "SuperBlocks" with "Articles Feed" until I add "database feed". When database feed is not added to page while adding new block with SuperBlocks - I'm not able to select "Articles" in content.

I don’t understand what you are saying. 

OK. So here's my setup. I've got articles, database but nothing is showing. 

1. I've got one database (Articles) (screenshot #1)
  2. As you can see I've got 3 items in "Articles"
  3. I've created new block showing record feed (see attachment #3)
  4. Result at my home - stock articles feed (database feed) is showing articles. Custom (SuperBlocks) is showing nothing. 

Do I need to rebuild something to make it work?

Screenshot 2019-07-14 at 21.51.01.png

Screenshot 2019-07-14 at 21.51.10.png

Screenshot 2019-07-14 at 21.51.34.png

Screenshot 2019-07-14 at 21.51.51.png

22 hours ago, opentype said:

You’re missing what that means for the users. It‘ not like they see a blank screen until the 2 MB are fully loaded. The page rendering will start exactly at the same time, with or without lazyload, if the image dimensions are known. With lazyload, there might be a tiny loading advantage above-the-fold and then a disadvantage of newly introduced wait time while scrolling. Without lazyload you don’t have that scrolling wait time, but a slightly slower above-the-fold finish time. Again, I tested this and could not see clear benefits for a typical use of my template products and even a considerably worse experience in some cases. 

You could, but I do not recommend it. If you modify any template, you can’t receive updates for it anymore. 

Also keep in mind that native browser lazyload is coming. I’m happy to support that in the future, since it is a proper and elegant solution. JavaScript-based lazyload really is not. 

Browser companies must recognize the benefit of LazyLoad!

3 hours ago, sobrenome said:

There is a bug indeed in the forum topics feed.

No, it’s not a bug. The plugin has settings where you can chose to either show more or less images, or hi-res and lo-res images depending on the content type. 
And as said before, there needs to be a proper image in the content to begin with. 

I know currently images related with superblocks are "backgrounds" to make rendering faster but is there a way to make images clickable? It's div and even with image rendered as background this should be possible, right?

40 minutes ago, adekk said:

It's div and even with image rendered as background this should be possible, right?

Yes, it’s technically possible, but I decided against it, since there are layouts where the image sits behind text and other links (like the profile picture) so it would get kind of messy with overlaying links. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have created a new block for upcoming events from Calendar. While it looks good on desktop, the block lacks important information like event date and time on mobile and tablet. I can only see event title, cover and submitter.

superblocks_calendar.thumb.png.9ba5230dcf2cb60412be35ac161e05c7.png

I wish there were date and time (submitter is not important in my case as all events are submitted by Admin).

Thank you,
Sonya

• 4 weeks later...

Another question: I have defined a block to have 10 calendar events to display (unlimited number of days). The block "Upcoming events" shows maximum 5 events on desktop and only 3 on mobile. Is it a setting, feature or bug?

And another one: the description length below the calendar events seems to be inconsistent on mobile. Some events have "more" description lines before the text is truncated and another fewer. I can see that on desktop it makes sense, as there are different sizes for images. But it looks odd on mobile as every event has the same image size.

Edited by Sonya*
16 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Another question: I have defined a block to have 10 calendar events to display (unlimited number of days). The block "Upcoming events" shows maximum 5 events on desktop and only 3 on mobile. Is it a setting, feature or bug?

It should be up to six on desktop for all feeds.