Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

3 minutes ago, opentype said:

No, that won’t happen. Blocks are just “content teasers”. Latest, currrently featured, and so on. The pagination belongs to the linked pages.

I see. Surely there's a way to paginate though. IPB is pretty powerful. 

Perhaps there's a more creative way? We are featuring about 30 topics a day, so if someone doesn't come to my site for one day they miss a lot of great content. 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:02 PM, breatheheavy said:

@opentype Hey man, have another question for ya.

I would love to insert an ad every 6 featured topics on my homepage, but I am having trouble figuring out a way to go about this. 

I want to display the same criteria with an ad every 6 featured topics.

So for example:

6 featured topics

ad

Next 6 featured topics

ad

Next 6 featured topics

ad

Is this at all possible somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 🙏 

Anyone able to help on this? I have been trying for nearly a month to place an ad placeholder on my homepage and no one can seem to be able to figure it out.

I got this application but the developer isn't entirely sure yet how to add in the ads so they appear correctly.

IPS support team requests I pay for their assistance as it's a third-party issue. 

A few IPB forum members have taken a look and don't understand how to do it.

Is there anyone else out there willing to give it a shot? Please DM me 🙏 😢 

• 1 month later...

Is the upgrade to 4.5 process the same as per instructions previous to 4.5?

Specifically

• Delete all SuperGrid templates if there are previous versions
  • Click Upload Templates to install the SuperGrid Template XML file

Because there is nothing to download now of course. Will clicking the install overwrite templates?
there's nothing in your new instructions explaining upgrade process.

Edited by DesignzShop
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 3:54 AM, opentype said:

You’re missing what that means for the users. It‘ not like they see a blank screen until the 2 MB are fully loaded. The page rendering will start exactly at the same time, with or without lazyload, if the image dimensions are known. With lazyload, there might be a tiny loading advantage above-the-fold and then a disadvantage of newly introduced wait time while scrolling. Without lazyload you don’t have that scrolling wait time, but a slightly slower above-the-fold finish time. Again, I tested this and could not see clear benefits for a typical use of my template products and even a considerably worse experience in some cases. 

You could, but I do not recommend it. If you modify any template, you can’t receive updates for it anymore. 

Also keep in mind that native browser lazyload is coming. I’m happy to support that in the future, since it is a proper and elegant solution. JavaScript-based lazyload really is not. 

Hi OpenType,

In my case, it will improve the loading speed a lot if I can lazyload the background images on my database. Check this catalog of observable deep sky objects by month, until the last image is loaded the pages does not finish loading, with a huge speed penalty.

https://www.espacioprofundo.com.ar/listas_de_observacion_por_mes/julio/

I'm using your products on my site on several databases, so improvement can be considered important. Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 10:56 PM, opentype said:

Hey there. @opentype I updated all of your plugins and corresponding templates, but am still having some trouble seeing them.

For example on my subscriptions page, the SuperBlock I created while using 4.4 no longer shows at all in 4.5. It's blank. It used to show subscription packages. Wondering what I can do 🙏 

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/subscriptions/

30 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Hey there. @opentype I updated all of your plugins and corresponding templates, but am still having some trouble seeing them.

For example on my subscriptions page, the SuperBlock I created while using 4.4 no longer shows at all in 4.5. It's blank. It used to show subscription packages. Wondering what I can do 🙏 

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/subscriptions/

It’s probably not related to my template products, as they are just styling. So even if my product would fail, you should see something. It’s hard to troubleshoot this from here. You would need to narrow it down step by step. Is the block still showing in the front end manager? If not, add it back. If it is, check the block settings. It could be that the records are simply too old to be even called. Stuff like that. 

20 minutes ago, opentype said:

Is the block still showing in the front end manager? If not, add it back.

Interesting. Ok thanks. Still trying to figure this out.

I deleted the custom block, then re-added it and it said this immediately:

1492968521_ScreenShot2020-09-23at10_33_21AM.thumb.png.152329b0c536df152153f24dff826cff.png

I have another subscription test page and the block doesn't display there either. 

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/exhale-plus/

It used to show the three tiers. But now it's blank. 

Edited by breatheheavy
8 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Interesting. Ok thanks. Still trying to figure this out.

I deleted the custom block, then re-added it and it said this immediately:

1492968521_ScreenShot2020-09-23at10_33_21AM.thumb.png.152329b0c536df152153f24dff826cff.png

I have another subscription test page and the block doesn't display there either. 

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/exhale-plus/

It used to show the three tiers. But now it's blank. 

I would need ACP access to investigate. 
Something in the block isn’t executed properly. Didn’t you customize it someone? Like adding dynamic purchase links? I think I remember something like that. If so, I bet it’s this part. 

24 minutes ago, opentype said:

I would need ACP access to investigate. 
Something in the block isn’t executed properly. Didn’t you customize it someone? Like adding dynamic purchase links? I think I remember something like that. If so, I bet it’s this part. 

I think I figured it out. After the upgrade, it reset the template to default. I put it back to SuperList listing and now it appears 😅

Which also means I might be posting in the wrong thread again 😩 Thank you for the dialogue. I will circle back if anything funny pops up again. 🙏 

• 2 months later...

Hi,

There is probably an issue with the calendar SuperBlock showing wrong times for the events. IPS support says, the reason is, you miss data-controller="core.global.core.datetime" for the time display. Compare the time format in the default template:

{{if $event->nextOccurrence( $today, 'startDate' )}}
	<span data-controller="core.global.core.datetime" data-time="{$event->nextOccurrence( $today, 'startDate' )->format('c')}" data-format="{expression="\IPS\calendar\Date::calendarDateFormat()"}{{if !$event->all_day}} {expression="\IPS\calendar\Date::localeTimeFormat( FALSE )"} {{endif}}">{$event->nextOccurrence( $today, 'startDate' )->calendarDate()}{{if !$event->all_day}} {$event->nextOccurrence( $today, 'startDate' )->localeTime( FALSE )} {{endif}}

and yours:

{{if $record->nextOccurrence( \IPS\calendar\Date::getDate(), 'startDate' )}}
{{$items[$counter]['content'] .= $record->nextOccurrence( \IPS\calendar\Date::getDate(), 'startDate' )->calendarDate();}}
{{if !$record->all_day}}
{{$items[$counter]['content'] .= ', ';}}
{{$items[$counter]['content'] .= $record->nextOccurrence( \IPS\calendar\Date::getDate(), 'startDate' )->localeTime( FALSE );}}
{{endif}}

I experience difficulties with displaying correct times. They are only in your block, not on the event view page and not in the default upcoming events block. Can our please check it?