Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

Just now, opentype said:

It should be up to six on desktop for all feeds. 

I should learn to count :biggrin: Yes, there are 6 on desktop and 3 on phone. 

And another suggestion: can we have an image in block clickable? Right now only titles have a link to the entry, I would rather want to click on images to open the linked record. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dll said:

When the image type is set to auto, it still loads what would be the larger images on desktop in full size on mobile. Is it possible to always display just the thumbnails on mobile screens?

In theory, yes, but I’m not gonna do that. A) it would double the amount of code to maintain. B) There are several load-time saving measures included already. C) a higher-res image isn’t necessarily too big on mobile devices, since the screen resolutions are getting higher and higher on mobile. 

Edited by opentype

Good evening,

Im trying to figure out why clicking a record doesnt produce a similar result to how it behaves in the demo. 

In the demo, the superblock disappears after a record is clicked and a large form image in the article emerges with the article. On my site, the superblock remains and I have to scroll down to a small form image on the side of the article I clicked on. -

6 hours ago, NovaDiplomunion said:

Good evening,

Im trying to figure out why clicking a record doesnt produce a similar result to how it behaves in the demo. 

SuperBlocks is a block template. Blocks only create a feed of items and link to it. They don’t define what happens after the click. 

6 hours ago, NovaDiplomunion said:

In the demo, the superblock disappears after a record is clicked and a large form image in the article emerges with the article. 

That page that opens on the demo is using the SuperGrid product, which is assigned to the article database. 

• 2 weeks later...

Question, but first off I want to say GREAT feature. Thank you for building this. I followed your instructions and they were simple. Turned my homepage into something really special.

www.AngelsWin.com

My question is two fold: 

First on mobile, is there a way to add the red bar blocks that are present for the standard blocks (not super blocks) on the mobile view? They're not there on mobile devices, only shows up on desktop. 

thumbnail_Screenshot_20191028-124250_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5520f5e71a7c62eaf2d1cc16006f10e5.jpg

Our Picks is the standard block that shows the red bar across to illustrate the area below.

thumbnail_Screenshot_20191028-124304_Chrome.thumb.jpg.efcfaeb9fea153f6f97055f0efd983d8.jpg

Second question is, is there a way to make the default purple color from the Super Blocks into the color of my website's theme, the same color as the standard blocks? 

77957635_thumbnail_Screenshot_20191028-124250_Chrome(2).jpg.d9d3ffd517f5d700334d4c7b6f5afbbc.jpg

Thanks so much! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased 2 of your AWESOME other products last night, I'd of picked this one up if it included sidebar blocks for topics and recent posts.. Please consider adding these. Great job opentype on the other purchases I made.  <----- Sorry Ralph, I did buy Super Topics and works a charm..

Sheeeesh, I just seen you added links.. Pretty spiffy Sir...
lol.. --> Looks into wallet <--

Edited by DesignzShop
Spelling correction
  • 2 weeks later...

If you also run additional apps (Blogs, Gallery, Downloads), repeat the last step to upload
the template files for these apps.

Hi,

where I do it for the blogs, downloads, and the gallery ... ? must I also perform for all applications add

• Click Upload Templates to install the SuperBlocks core templates file.

In the ACP go to Pages > Templates

In the ACP go to Pages > Templates

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My apologies if I'm wasting your time, as I'm not even sure if this issue is relevant to Pages Super Blocks or to IPS. Building the page I can see a row with 2 columns instead of one. How I can duplicate a row like this but in another position? I'm saying it because as I can see I can design more rows like this but only one below the other while I want something:

1 row - 1 column

1 row - 2 columns

1 row - 1 column

1 row - 2 columns

Thank you

Chris

12 minutes ago, ChrisTERiS said:

Hello,

My apologies if I'm wasting your time, as I'm not even sure if this issue is relevant to Pages Super Blocks or to IPS. Building the page I can see a row with 2 columns instead of one. How I can duplicate a row like this but in another position? I'm saying it because as I can see I can design more rows like this but only one below the other while I want something:

SuperBlocks is only meant to to run in the full-width column with the optional sidebar next to it or not. See this post for a visual aid. 
The number of columns within the SuperBlocks depend on the number of records in the feed. 

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

SuperBlocks is only meant to to run in the full-width column with the optional sidebar next to it or not. See this post for a visual aid. 
The number of columns within the SuperBlocks depend on the number of records in the feed. 

Thank you, I'm aware of this as I've read the instructions. Maybe I was used wrong words. Have to use "placeholders" and not "columns".

IPS_Layout.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2019 at 10:47 PM, Sonya* said:

And another suggestion: can we have an image in block clickable? Right now only titles have a link to the entry, I would rather want to click on images to open the linked record. 

Can you please implement this? I have changed the SuperBlocks template to make it possible:

{{if $items[0]['image']}}<div onclick="location.href='{$items[0]['url']}';" class="SuperBlocks_thumbImage SuperBlocks_thumbImage_low" style="cursor:pointer;background-image:url('{file="$items[0]['image']" extension="$items[0]['extension']"}')"></div>{{endif}}

But the change makes me not upgradable :sad: 

I can see that users try to click on image first, when I show them the project. It would be more intuitive to have the image as link too. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Please forgive me if this has already been asked, I looked through all 10 pages here and did not see a similar question.
Would it be possible to have the images in the blocks be clickable and linked to their original content in the future? Just as they are with the Super Grid.

Edited by PaulKet