Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

19 hours ago, opentype said:

Are you sure you are on the latest release and that you overwrote the templates when updating the plugin?

Compatibility with PHP8.x was added with SuperBlocks 1.2 and it is running fine on my own installations with 8.0 and 8.1.

If you see errors, check the ACP error logs as well. They usually give more details about what went wrong. 

I am on the latest release of the plugin. Not 100% sure on the overwriting of the templates when updating the plugin. Was this an option?

I couldn't see any errors in the ACP error logs when I tested this out but the PHP error log had the following:

[26-Sep-2022 10:43:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Unparenthesized `a ? b : c ? d : e` is not supported. Use either `(a ? b : c) ? d : e` or `a ? b : (c ? d : e)` in /xxx/xxxx/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code on line 1396

5 hours ago, Demonland31 said:

[26-Sep-2022 10:43:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Unparenthesized `a ? b : c ? d : e` is not supported. Use either `(a ? b : c) ? d : e` or `a ? b : (c ? d : e)` in /xxx/xxxx/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code on line 1396

That error message doesn’t seem to point to (incompatible) code that I would have used in SuperBlocks. I would expect the error to be caused by something else. 

To be sure it is an issue with SuperBlocks, you would have to turn every other third-party app and plugin off, use a default IPS theme and test again. If you then can still replicate the issue, I would have to investigate it in your ACP
Since I can’t replicate any problems myself at the moment, there is not much I could do on my end. 

I utilize the "superblocks_'x'feed" as the template for blocks that I employ in various different ways around one of my websites. I would like to be able to 'lazyload' images that populate the blocks that draw an image. 

Is this possible? Is this something I can accomplish via a template edit? If so, where and what code?

TYIA

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bother with what could be a dummy question @opentype

I have SiperHelp, SuperGrid and SuperBlocks from you. I am using SuperHelp for some lessons. I managed to make it work.

However, I am thing to get SuperBlocks to work and I can't see how to do it. Are there any docs on how to use it? I know how to create a database, set it up, link it to the custom page, etc. I did it with SuperHelp, but I can't see how to do this or even get started with SuperBlocks.

Thanks

Could contain: Page, Text, Business Card, Paper

• 3 months later...

Is there a way to select a particular image to be displayed. One of the articles that I have used is from a topic in the forum but the image used in the block is a random image in another post and not the image from the original post. I've deleted the post containing the random image but that image still appears in the block.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

It’s fully automatic, as these blocks are just feed blocks. They just take the data that is there. 

The forum images are taken from the attachments uploaded to the posts or topics, so they will usually be useful representation. 

If it shows outdated content, it might be a caching issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought SuperBlocks – exactly what I need for our new website.

Everything went great, created a block for

• blog entries with images
  • gallery entries

When I moved the blocks around, suddenly the images from the blog entries were gone – and I didn't manage to get them back.

What I did:

• Cleared system cache
  • Checked plugin settings (Blog Images: ShowAll)
  • Created new block

Nothing helped.

Any idea?

Test page here: https://www.ai-imagelab.com/blocks.html/

TIA

Andreas

Edited by NZyan
14 minutes ago, NZyan said:

When I moved the blocks around, suddenly the images from the blog entries were gone – and I didn't manage to get them back.

Pretty sure it is not related to moving things around but to the number of entries, which defines the layout that is chosen. And in turn, this also affects which images are shown. Currently, the main entry would be the blog entry 4, which doesn’t have a title image at the moment. Before you added that entry, it would have been a different layout with 3 images in one row. 

If you want to force a specific layout, set the number of entries in the block settings and then make sure to have at least this many entries in the feed. That way, there won’t be any surprises when you add new entries. 

• 1 month later...

I bought SuperBlocks and LOVE it! It gave my front page a much needed face lift and I have some other ideas for it in future.

@opentype, I don't expect you to add this. My Pages database goes back to the beginning of time when the articles system, by default, included a teaser field.  We still use this.  Could you direct me to where in the code I could modify SuperBlocks to pull the teaser field instead of an excerpt from the body?

Thanks.