Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

10 minutes ago, PaulKet said:

@opentype after spending $102 on your plugins I would like to think that my question is not being ignored. It seemed like a simple enough question to me.

It was a feature request. It has been read and noted. I will decide about future features when I create the new versions. I will neither guarantee to add this feature, nor can I rule it out. So there is nothing for me to say at this point. Just like the vast majority of topics in the IPS feedback forum remain “unanswered” by IPS. It’s standard practice and my FAQ (point 4) explains this as well. https://invisioncommunity.com/profile/374850-opentype/?tab=field_core_pfield_23

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@opentype Hi, I was thinking of purchasing superpages, just want to confirm it will work for my needs, I just want to create a block to put on my home page that will feature articles. You can see my site at NeersNation.com

my account is a cloud based account if that matters

Does Pages superblocks take over your entire site or can you just create a single block to add to your current layout?

thanks much

1 hour ago, Kent Hogan said:

Does Pages superblocks take over your entire site or can you just create a single block to add to your current layout?

It’s just styling for regular Pages blocks. So you can put those blocks wherever you want and mix them with other content. It will work fine for regular Pages articles as long as the Record Image is used. 

28 minutes ago, opentype said:

It’s just styling for regular Pages blocks. So you can put those blocks wherever you want and mix them with other content. It will work fine for regular Pages articles as long as the Record Image is used. 

@opentype thanks for the quick response, I will purchase and implement this weekend

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jorge Varela said:

Hello I would like to know what should be the correct dimensions to upload an image inside a topic in order to generate correct thumbnails. Thanks 

There are no “correct dimensions” for SuperBlocks. Just upload the forum images in a way in makes sense for the forums. Unless it’s an extreme aspect ratio, it should work fine. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

I am telling certain blocks not to display for Super Administrators …

How do you do that? 

Keep the combination of primary and secondary groups in mind. You can’t turn view permissions off by just removing access in one of the assigned groups. If the permission is given in one group assigned to user, the “permission granted” will win over “permission not granted”. 

7 hours ago, opentype said:

How do you do that? 

Keep the combination of primary and secondary groups in mind. You can’t turn view permissions off by just removing access in one of the assigned groups. If the permission is given in one group assigned to user, the “permission granted” will win over “permission not granted”. 

I made a mistake lol. My account also included a secondary group, so that's why it was ignoring the permissions. I took myself out of that secondary group and voila. It was fixed =] 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Quick question for you. Is it possible somehow to have a toggle option similar to how forums have? 

Not easily, no. What’s in a block is decided in the block settings. So there is little I can do in a block template. 

19 minutes ago, opentype said:

Not easily, no. What’s in a block is decided in the block settings. So there is little I can do in a block template. 

Darn. Ok thank you 🙏 

I ask because some visitors of my site are confused by the order (it's set to Recently Updated) and they'd prefer to read things that are posted chronologically. 

• 1 month later...

@opentype Hey man, have another question for ya.

I would love to insert an ad every 6 featured topics on my homepage, but I am having trouble figuring out a way to go about this. 

I want to display the same criteria with an ad every 6 featured topics.

So for example:

6 featured topics

ad

Next 6 featured topics

ad

Next 6 featured topics

ad

Is this at all possible somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 🙏 

• 3 weeks later...