Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 8:39 PM, opentype said:

SuperBlocks only uses container background images, which don’t slow down page rendering and then the browser fills in the empty slots dynamically. That already works nicely. 

Images declared in the CSS will mean it takes longer for the browser to parse the CSS file delaying the loading of the visible page. If they were img src tags the requests would be made as the HTML is parsed so the visible page can load earlier. Why do you say they don't slow down rendering?

19 hours ago, opentype said:

The point was: background images with known dimensions are not needed to start the page rendering. That’s was the only point of that sentence. 

But the page can't start rendering until the CSS file has been parsed. It's actually something I want to get around to testing, did you try it both ways?

Edit: just found example of lazy loading background images https://toad.js.org/

Edited by asigno
6 hours ago, asigno said:

But the page can't start rendering until the CSS file has been parsed.

What CSS? There are several calls and SuperBlocks doesn’t add any new calls since the CSS is merged in. So again, the page rendering start is completely unaffected. That was my point from the beginning. 
In either case: yes, I have considered and tested all available options of how images can potentially be displayed and there are no plans to make any changes to SuperBlocks, SuperGrid and all my other templates using background images. 

Hi,

I have a pre-sales question (sorry if it isn't the right place.)

I have several Pages databases, each of them with several categories. Let's say database A with categories A1 and A2 and database B with categories B1, B2 and B3.
Can I set up a single SuperBlock to include only some categories of several databases, like the latest entries of a A1+B2+B3, for instance?

Thank you for your answer!

Edit. Nevermind, I figured it out by myself. Since SuperBlocks is a set of templates for existing blocks, I understand this is an IPS related question, not a question related to your product. Great product anyway!

Edited by SRFA
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...