Raffles System

11 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

ACP -> Members -> Staff -> Moderators -> edit the group or the moderator -> Raffles.

But the error is about not finding the raffle you’re trying to view. 

If it insists, send a PM with credentials to your board. I’ll take a look tomorrow in the morning. 

The permissions for moderators are unrestricted, I'll send you a PM with login info if you'd like to look. 

• 1 month later...

Questions

• If I "lock" a raffle or a giveaway, can I still add members, and will the winners of the raffle/giveaway be drawn at the expiry date and notified?
    -> Reason: I want to have raffles/giveaways "on invitation only". As there is no option for this, maybe "locking the raffle" will work and I can add members manually

Suggestions

• Please add a function to "ban a member from" (A) a specified raffle and (B) all raffles
    -> Reason: My members have to fulfil additional requirements, not listed in your limitations filter. If they lie and still receive a ticket, then I want to ban them from either "this raffle" or "all raffles"

• Additional filters:
    # limit by followers count (following members)
    # limit by the new bulk email opt-in filter (which has officially been implemented to the IPS core since IPS 4.3.4)
    # has added a post to a specified forum?
    # has been awarded with an iAward (or an iAward in a special iAward category)
    # has received reactions in a specified timeframe (f.e. has gained 25 positive reactions in a week) <- this would have a massive user engagement impact.

• Make the "show filter" option for the participations requirements a setting per raffle/per giveaway (NOT a global setting)
    -> Reason: Sometimes, it makes sense to show such a filter, but in many times it just makes no sense

• Template elements order changes in raffle/giveaway detail view: Currently, first the header is displayed (cover image, title), then the filter segment, then the description, then participants, then the prizes. I think this is not ideal, as the most important information are THE PRIZES (which are down at the bottom of the page! but should be displayed on top!)

I'd suggest to change the template to
    1# header
    2# prizes & random participants
    3# filter
    4# description

• Insert an option to NOT show the "giveaway" or "raffle" badge on index
    -> Reason: I don't have (paid) raffles to offer, only free giveaways. As everything is free, the badge has no need to show. It even disturbs the look of the cover image. There should be an option to remove the badge completely.

Bugs

• In the category configuration, if I select the types that can be created (free giveaways and/or paid raffles), it always shows both fields for terms and conditions
    -> It should only display the field for the allowed types, not the field for a disallowed type

• In the category configuration, the fields "terms & conditions" are not saved
    -> Don't know when and why it happens, but if I enter raffle category terms & conditions and save them, after a few days, they disappeared. I tested this several times in my installation.
Edited by Cyboman

Regarding your question, there are 3 conditions to a raffle/giveaway be completed and winners picked:

• be open
  • not be expired
  • not be completed

If you don't want people to participate in a raffle/giveaway, then simply don't let them participate by removing the category permission:

BXKnNby.png

You can still add them manually.

55 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

In the category configuration, if I select the types that can be created (free giveaways and/or paid raffles), it always shows both fields for terms and conditions
-> It should only display the field for the allowed types, not the field for a disallowed type

You mean, select RAFFLE here:

bCjo01W.png

And not appear GIVEAWAY here:

0HfaSVz.png

?

That's it?  No, definitely not a bug; that's how it was made. I can hide it in next version if that really annoys you... For now, you can simply ignore it. It's not a required field.

57 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

In the category configuration, the fields "terms & conditions" are not saved
-> Don't know when and why it happens, but if I enter raffle category terms & conditions and save them, after a few days, they disappeared. I tested this several times in my installation.

"Don't know when and why" says it all. I can't confirm it. Works fine in my installs. It is saved in a language bit together with category title and description, so I would expect that title and description would be "vanished" sometimes. Do they?

Regarding suggestion, I'll take a look when I'll do a big update... that won't be for now.

52 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Regarding your question, there are 3 conditions to a raffle/giveaway be completed and winners picked:

• be open
  • not be expired
  • not be completed

So winners will NOT be picked in a locked raffle, only asking to confirm, yes?

53 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

If you don't want people to participate in a raffle/giveaway, then simply don't let them participate by removing the category permission:

Yes, I know the permission matrix for MEMBER GROUPS

So your suggestion to my question is: ->

1. create a giveaway, with no (0) allowed membergroups
  2. raffle must be open, not expired, not completed
  3. Every single member, I wish to join a giveaway, should be added manually to this giveaway (I will do this)
  4. winners are picked, as they were entered manually and it doesn't matter that they don't belong to an allowed membergroup

If possible, that would be fine for me ? 

59 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

That's it?  No, definitely not a bug; that's how it was made.

ok

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

"Don't know when and why" says it all. I can't confirm it. Works fine in my installs. It is saved in a language bit together with category title and description, so I would expect that title and description would be "vanished" sometimes. Do they?

Yes, I can't confirm either, if I newly add the terms and save. I just did it again and they saved successfully (for now, as always, but only for now).
I'll recheck later and tomorrow, as this really happened multiple times, that the terms & conditions vanish.

Title and description don't vanish.

Maybe this is due to a translation error? or an editor error, that they get overwritten somehow when reconfiguring the categories?

I will keep an eye on this now and inform you, if I have any clues what could cause this issue. ? 

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

So winners will NOT be picked in a locked raffle, only asking to confirm, yes?

No, they won’t. 

18 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

So your suggestion to my question is: ->

1. create a giveaway, with no (0) allowed membergroups
  2. raffle must be open, not expired, not completed
  3. Every single member, I wish to join a giveaway, should be added manually to this giveaway (I will do this)
  4. winners are picked, as they were entered manually and it doesn't matter that they don't belong to an allowed membergroup

If possible, that would be fine for me

Yes, that’s it. 

19 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

I will keep an eye on this now and inform you, if I have any clues what could cause this issue.

Ok. 

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Where/What is this "show filter"? :huh:

Sorry, I've meant the raffle limitation box/participation requirements. (where it shows f.e. how many contents, how many reputation, what age a member must have.

18 hours ago, Cyboman said:
19 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Confirmed again. (unfortunately)

Yesterday, I entered (test) terms and conditions for ALL categories for BOTH fields (giveaway and raffles) and they saved correctly. I reopened several times to check if they are still there and they were...

Today - and I did NOTHING to the category configurations in between - ALL terms & conditions in these fields in all categories have vanished again.

Maybe this information concerning my personal setup helps:

• the raffles app is only allowed for admins on the app permission level (due to testing before release)
  • I'm using a complete translation of the app (and I already know that IPS translations cause a lot of errors due to the buggy translation system…)
  • I added and edited giveaways in the frontend
56 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Sorry, I've meant the raffle limitation box/participation requirements. (where it shows f.e. how many contents, how many reputation, what age a member must have.

I won’t do what you want because it doesn’t make sense to me but I’ll try to show only if any restriction is being applied. Otherwise, it won’t appear. 

57 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Confirmed again. (unfortunately)

I’ll set up a test raffle in my board to see if it happens there. 

• 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria  Hey Adriano!

I've encountered a template issue that I'm not entirely sure of how long it's been acting up, but it was brought to my attention when a member attempted to do a giveaway in their club.  There are no issues with setting up the giveaway and whatnot, but after it's created, if anyone clicks on it, we receive this error:

[[Template raffles/front/view/view is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've tried to do some of my own troubleshooting by switching to the default theme and uploading a fresh copy, but the template error still persists.  My website uses 4.3.5 with all patches.

12 hours ago, Alismora said:

@Adriano Faria  Hey Adriano!

I've encountered a template issue that I'm not entirely sure of how long it's been acting up, but it was brought to my attention when a member attempted to do a giveaway in their club.  There are no issues with setting up the giveaway and whatnot, but after it's created, if anyone clicks on it, we receive this error:

[[Template raffles/front/view/view is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've tried to do some of my own troubleshooting by switching to the default theme and uploading a fresh copy, but the template error still persists.  My website uses 4.3.5 with all patches.

Works fine to me:

Anx8tVK.png

Provide ACP access so I can try to see what's happening there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Adriano,

I was experiencing problems that no solutions that no suggestions or enhancements have been offered to fix, so I deleted Raffles and tried to reinstall, now I have an error once I try to add a raffle.   Can you please tell me, considering I have deleted Raffles, what steps I should take to re-install and hopefully have it work?

Thanks,

Brad

4 hours ago, BradTBP said:

what steps I should take to re-install and hopefully have it work?

If you have uninstalled it, then just make a new install. That’s the only way. 

Let me knoe which problems you’re facing with this. 

3 hours ago, beats23 said:

Does this app have a system built in to choose the random raffle winners?

It chooses random winners automatically at the end of the term. If “you” choose winners, it won’t be random or automatic. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

If you have uninstalled it, then just make a new install. That’s the only way. 

Let me knoe which problems you’re facing with this. 

Adraino, thanks for fast response.  I can re-install, do settings, add category, but as soon as I submit a raffle/giveaway to the category, I receive this:

image.thumb.png.155972e6538d8ffd9bc8cde1e3b3944a.png

What's New in Version 1.1.3:

New Features:

• Ban members from ANY raffle/giveaway
  • Toggle in Acceptance Terms (ACP) according to the record type (raffle or giveaway)
  • New setting to display badge (raffle or giveaway) on index blocks thumbnails

Fixes:

• Thumbnails when using external storage
  • Latest raffle length of Raffles index category listing
  • Missing language bit to reactivate raffle/giveaway