Raffles System

19 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

The weird here, or at least not common, is have several raffles expiring together. First time I see this so the best way to go is change the language bit in your install. 

I run the raffle as an annual fundraiser -- similar to ticket raffles I run at live events. Around here, they used to refer to it as a "Chinese Raffle". Not sure if that is a regional thing or not. Basically you have several items (prizes) on display. Behind each item is a paper bag. Participants purchase chances (tickets) -- usually $1 each. They fill out the back of the ticket with their name. Then they drop as many tickets they like into the bags that correspond to the prize they want to win. The more tickets they stuff into a particular bag, the more chances they have in winning the item. The advantage to running the raffle this way is you get a lot of cash (ticket sales) right away. This is why I run the raffle on my site in the beginning of the year as this is when all the hosting bills start coming in...

What's New in Version 1.3.0:

Compatible with IPS 4.4 ONLY!

New features:

• Cover photo for Raffles/Giveaways
  • Scheduled Raffles/Giveaways: you can set a future date to the raffle/giveaway to be published
  • Countdown to the Raffle/Giveaway expiration date
  • Use a points system (Members Shop from @TheJackal84) as a way to participate in a Raffle/Giveaway
  • Rework in the Raffles/Giveaways view template:  prizes and participants presentation
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Michael R said:

Now users are getting a 404 error when clicking on purchase tickets.

Works fine to me:

All settings as default. Simply created a category, added a raffle, etc.

Let me know if you want me to test it in a different set-up. I recomment also to clean the cache (support tool), if you haven't done it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

My raffles just ended. All say expired -- not completed. No winners were picked. Pick winners toggle is ON. Raffle block in ACP is on. How to I force it to pick winners? I just raised over $2700 and I am going to have some very angry members soon if I can't pick the winners...

3 hours ago, Michael R said:

My raffles just ended. All say expired -- not completed. No winners were picked. Pick winners toggle is ON. Raffle block in ACP is on. How to I force it to pick winners? I just raised over $2700 and I am going to have some very angry members soon if I can't pick the winners...

It doesn’t work as a magic trick, mate. There’s a task that runs and pick winners. If you and your members can’t wait, go to your ACP and run it manually. 

I see that it ran and picked the winners. Thank you.

I guess I just expected it to work like a real life raffle. People were up all night (including me) waiting with anticipation for it to spit out a winner. I only run this raffle once a year. We do a great buildup to it. It is all very exciting. So when the time comes to pick the winners we kind of expect it to be a bit more -- maybe with trumpets or something. 😄

It would be great to have sort of a fancy "winners page" or something that people are directed to afterwards.  

Thanks again!

Hi Adriano!

I just set up my first Members Point raffle to run through Wednesday.  One thing I noticed in this version, is there no longer is the opportunity whether for points or REAL Money to buy more than one ticket at a time?  Did that change or have I missed a setting?

I am having some settings issues.  I set up a category to be for points, and it keeps showing money.  With money, it have multiple tickets. I'll provide more update later...it's late.

Thanks,

Brad

Edited by BradTBP
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I was running the latest version and I just re-bought it again for 35 usd. Still throws the same error.

[[Template raffles/front/view/view is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I switched off all 3rd party items and am on default theme and still throws that error,

Funny thing is, when I'm logged in as Admin, I get no error. Anything/one else logged in gets the above error.

I also just took a look as a guest and it looks fine??? 

Roger

Edited by Mahumba
19 hours ago, Mahumba said:

I also just took a look as a guest and it looks fine??? 

You board is ok. It was enough just to edit the categories and hit save. It was missing a language bit. I mentioned this in a couple of places in this topic.

I will try to review this for the others.

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: You can download version 1.3.1 to make some tests: https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/topic/1156-raffles-131-rc-1/

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

What’s the content of the log error?

Btw:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Member::shopPoints() (0)
#0 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\raffles\modules\front\raffles\_view->participateRaffle()
#1 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/applications/raffles/modules/front/raffles/view.php(54): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\raffles\modules\front\raffles\_view->execute()
#4 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

#0 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/init.php(659): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}