Jump to content

Raffles System


Adriano Faria

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

How does people pay with their account credit? (I'm just trying to understand this so I can recommend this method to people).

If they has account credit and the setting is ON, it will appear. You can enable it in your Commerce install so people can add credit to their accounts. 

3 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

Could you please tell me how I can fix something within the template so that it matches my site, it's simple but I can't figure it out. I'll PM you

As long it is a fix. I will recommend you to use this support topic. I won’t do customizations. 

I’ll take a look. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could you add a way for us to limit the amount of tickets rather than the amount of people who can take part?

I would like to sell a set amount as per the rules of where I live, rather than saying 40 people and only 1 ticket per go. It would be easier to just sell 40 tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 people and 1 ticket per people will do what you want. I don’t see any sense in restrict a raffle per ticket, sorry. It’s the same of ask to NOT make money with it or even give the oportunity to someone buys 40 tickets, etc. There's no plan to do that.

And please do as I request in the file description, if you want to get some attention to your requests:

 

Quote

 

Suggestions and Bugs report:

 

Create an account and wait until I move you to the right group.

Edited by Adriano Faria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

40 people and 1 ticket per people will do what you want. I don’t see any sense in restrict a raffle per ticket, sorry. It’s the same of ask to NOT make money with it or even give the oportunity to someone buys 40 tickets, etc. There's no plan to do that.

And please do as I request in the file description, if you want to get some attention to your requests:

Well, no. Not really because 40 tickets could be purchased between 20 people.

Your method means that 40 people are required outright just to take part, if I lower it - I can't afford to give away prizes. In real life people don't do raffles expecting to sell tickets to x amount of people, they aim to sell the tickets.

I know what you mean but I am sure others would find this to be more useful.

Thanks, I don't really have the time to be joining every devs forum. I'll stick to IPS for now but you do a good job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2019 at 3:35 PM, Joey_M said:

Well, no. Not really because 40 tickets could be purchased between 20 people.

Your method means that 40 people are required outright just to take part, if I lower it - I can't afford to give away prizes. In real life people don't do raffles expecting to sell tickets to x amount of people, they aim to sell the tickets.

I know what you mean but I am sure others would find this to be more useful.

Thanks, I don't really have the time to be joining every devs forum. I'll stick to IPS for now but you do a good job.

I don't understand why people don't get it? The app maker asked you to do this... if you don't like the answer then don't use the app or buy it. As you see below the app maker has topic's which you can make a suggestions. OR maybe ask on that forums if you can have a custom job done to this app.  Thank you have a great day everyone.  

Adriano Faria thank you for all hard work you put in to your projects. My community enjoys the Raffles System the way it is.

 

  Quote

And please do as I request in the file description, if you want to get some attention to your requests:

Suggestions and Bugs report:

Edited by mrbowers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mrbowers said:

I don't understand why people don't get it? The app maker asked you to do this... if you don't like the answer then don't use the app or buy it. As you see below the app maker has topic's which you can make a suggestions. OR maybe ask on that forums if you can have a custom job done to this app.  Thank you have a great day everyone.  

Adriano Faria thank you for all hard work you put in to your projects. My community enjoys the Raffles System the way it is.

 

  Quote

And please do as I request in the file description, if you want to get some attention to your requests:

Suggestions and Bugs report:

What I don't get is your response.

Selling 40 places could mean I take far more from doing 1 raffle, than I would doing 2 with 20 raffle tickets. If you operate under strict guidelines, BTW I am registered with my areas council and I operate under gambling laws (hence the suggestion to limit per ticket). You may actually be required to sell tickets to a certain amount, something which we have no control over currently.

Just because you and your community likes this setup, well that's great.

However, my comment was a mere suggestion and I shouldn't be forced to register elsewhere in order to make this possible.

I never said I didn't like or appreciate the application, so your comment 'if you don't like the answer then don't use the app or buy it.' is pretty irrelevant. Clients of IPS should be fully allowed to post feature suggestions within the support topics, after all to request something generally includes some form of support. What makes me laugh is how some people can't respect other people or understand that people won't have the time to register elsewhere.

Besides, most devs I've worked with refuse to register accounts on clients sites in order offer adequate support - how is this any different than asking us to join theirs?

Anywho, I have no issue with Adriano knocking back the suggestion but I did want to squash this "40 people and 1 ticket per people will do what you want." as limiting to one ticket would naturally make any raffle harder and again, depending on your local areas rules or countries gambling regulations you may be required to limit the tickets. I don't expect you to understand this.

--

Be aware that may have local laws regarding paying for the tickets unless you are registered as a non-profit organization, or have special authorization to do so. Some sites like Paypal usually shut accounts down or even can take actions against the accounts of people using their site in that manner.

Indeed they do.

If you can't make a valid request I won't purchase, my suggestion was very valid but again I accept Adriano's decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I've found a bug and it's pretty random, so I am unsure as to how it's triggered or how can be replicated. However, I keep getting account credit and it's always in the region of what I put my raffle tickets to cost.

It starts at the lowest amount but can build to an alarming total.

Reason I say it must be connected, it's always in the region of the ticket prices and grows in the same number.

One thing could be that I'm the raffle creator? I don't know, I am checking other accounts and haven't noticed the same behaviour yet. 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Field when adding/editing a raffle/giveaway:

$return['price'] = new \IPS\nexus\Form\Money( 'raffle_price', $item ? json_decode( $item->price, TRUE ) : array(), $priceRequired, array(), function( $val )......

$item->price is the cost of the raffle. And it saves same way:

		/* Ticket Price */
		if( \IPS\Request::i()->do == 'submit' AND isset( $values['raffle_price'] ) )
		{
			$this->price = json_encode( $values['raffle_price'] );
		}

So there's no way to, somehow, it shows the user account credit there.

Everything related to account credit only appears in the Commerce extension tied to a setting to allow pay for tickets using Account Credit:

	/**
	 * @brief	Can use account credit?
	 */
	public static $canUseAccountCredit = FALSE;

	/**
	 * @brief	Can use account credit: according to the app setting
	 */
	public function __construct( $memberOrGroup=NULL, \IPS\nexus\Money $price )
	{
		parent::__construct( $memberOrGroup, $price );
		static::$canUseAccountCredit = \IPS\Settings::i()->raffle_use_account_credit ? TRUE : FALSE;
	}

So let me know if you know how to reproduce because it seems impossible to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's how raffles/giveaway layout will show up on IPS 4.4:

1239829962_Screenshot_2019-01-08ATestRaffleATestRaffleATestRaffle.png.0ec33aa7fa4101a6f694bb088546030e.png

  • Cover photo
  • Prizes at the top, listing up to 6. The other prizes can be seen by clicking in a link
  • Participants: 6 per line. New setting to you decide how many to show and if you want to show the member name below the photo.

There are, so far, 2 more new features that I will talk about them later.  👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Field when adding/editing a raffle/giveaway:


$return['price'] = new \IPS\nexus\Form\Money( 'raffle_price', $item ? json_decode( $item->price, TRUE ) : array(), $priceRequired, array(), function( $val )......

$item->price is the cost of the raffle. And it saves same way:


		/* Ticket Price */
		if( \IPS\Request::i()->do == 'submit' AND isset( $values['raffle_price'] ) )
		{
			$this->price = json_encode( $values['raffle_price'] );
		}

So there's no way to, somehow, it shows the user account credit there.

Everything related to account credit only appears in the Commerce extension tied to a setting to allow pay for tickets using Account Credit:


	/**
	 * @brief	Can use account credit?
	 */
	public static $canUseAccountCredit = FALSE;

	/**
	 * @brief	Can use account credit: according to the app setting
	 */
	public function __construct( $memberOrGroup=NULL, \IPS\nexus\Money $price )
	{
		parent::__construct( $memberOrGroup, $price );
		static::$canUseAccountCredit = \IPS\Settings::i()->raffle_use_account_credit ? TRUE : FALSE;
	}

So let me know if you know how to reproduce because it seems impossible to me.

I think the issue is related to the Commerce app, sorry.

If I credit any account via the ACP, my own account gets the money also. Weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

That's how raffles/giveaway layout will show up on IPS 4.4:

1239829962_Screenshot_2019-01-08ATestRaffleATestRaffleATestRaffle.png.0ec33aa7fa4101a6f694bb088546030e.png

  • Cover photo
  • Prizes at the top, listing up to 6. The other prizes can be seen by clicking in a link
  • Participants: 6 per line. New setting to you decide how many to show and if you want to show the member name below the photo.

There are, so far, 2 more new features that I will talk about them later.  👍

May I suggest the ability to style the raffles?

I.E

If you sell to x amount of people or x tickets, they can choose a number and their username gets shown on that. In pubs in the UK, they used to do fundraisers called guess the number, spot the ball, etc.

Fun little games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2019 at 5:23 PM, Adriano Faria said:
  • Cover photo
  • Prizes at the top, listing up to 6. The other prizes can be seen by clicking in a link
  • Participants: 6 per line. New setting to you decide how many to show and if you want to show the member name below the photo.

Another new feature:

  • Countdown to the raffle expiration date, also a setting

HVpptvW.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a way to "cart" the tickets from different raffles and pay once or does each item require a separate transaction?

Not sure if I have set this up the best way. I have 5 prizes but not everyone wants to purchase tickets for each prize. So I created 5 different raffles. But some people complained that they should be able to purchase tickets from all the raffles and then check out.

suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Raffles 1.3.0 Beta 1 for IPS 4.4 ONLY available to be tested by those who has an active purchase of this resource. If that's your case, drop a PM and I'll attach the app so you can test it IN A TEST BOARD. PLEASE, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR LIVE BOARD as this is a Beta version and I won't support it or release new versions to fix your board.

New features:

  • Cover photo for Raffles
  • Scheduled Raffles: you can set a future date to the raffle be published
  • Countdown to the Raffle expiration date
  • Use a points system (Members Shop from @TheJackal84) as a way to participate in a Raffle
  • Rework in the Raffles view template:  prizes and participants presentation

 Submit bug reports to the official Bug Tracker for this app: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/raffles/

Edited by Adriano Faria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You mean the block title? It’s been there since version 1.0.0 and shows  raffles/giveaways ordered by expire date. Happens that your expiring date is the same in all records.

If you don’t like the phrase, just change it in your ACP.

Yes I remember it was like that before. I just assumed it was a setting or possibly a bug. I only run a raffle once a year, so I am just noticing it again.

If I understand correctly, if I run multiple raffles all expiring on the same date, the title says: Expiring date ? Why wouldn't it say: Active Raffles or Current Raffles something like that?

What do you mean change in ACP? You mean in Languages?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Michael R said:

What do you mean change in ACP? You mean in Languages?

You can change any language bit from any app: 

 

4 hours ago, Michael R said:

If I understand correctly, if I run multiple raffles all expiring on the same date, the title says: Expiring date ? Why wouldn't it say: Active Raffles or Current Raffles something like that?

Because that block lists raffles ordered by the expiration date. The weird here, or at least not common, is have several raffles expiring together. First time I see this so the best way to go is change the language bit in your install. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...