Raffles System

20 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m not sure I understand your question. How it would work? It’s a raffle! Create it. Add prizes. People participate. Winner is picked in the end. 

Well, what I am hoping to do is have a raffle for people who have contributed content that month.   What is a practical way to distinguish them I guess is the challenge.

I could see perhaps adding people who do XYZ into a subgroup and then holding the raffle for those in the sub group.

But if the content you are looking for is not the total, but what they have done in the last 30 days I am wondering how to do that. 

Points systems, member store ect... few things seem to support Pages, could be technical or just not many people use it or both...

10 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can restrict participation per group:

oW31ojw.png

Yes, I get that. 

What I am trying to figure out is how to add people to that group in the last 30 days that added content via Pages for a monthly Raffle.     It doesn't seem like any of the point systems work with Pages.

I'll probably just get it and try to keep it simple somehow.  But really hoping to encourage people to be adding content in Pages and Link Directory (which is great by the way)

JM

• 2 weeks later...

Is there just a simple way to allow people to join a raffle? 

Like a block that says "Enter to win", so they at least have to be logged in to enter and a member of a certain group?

I want them to at least be participating in the site somehow.  I don't want it to simply be a member group with X content, as there are thousands of those who don't participate.

What is a straight forward way to have an active user group for the raffles?

Could I simply use the Member Last Posted option in Promotions to bump them up and down?   I wonder how often that runs (on CIC)

1 minute ago, socceronly said:

Is there just a simple way to allow people to join a raffle? 

Like a block that says "Enter to win", so they at least have to be logged in to enter and a member of a certain group?

I want them to at least be participating in the site somehow.  I don't want it to simply be a member group with X content, as there are thousands of those who don't participate.

What is a straight forward way to have an active user group for the raffles?

Could I simply use the Member Last Posted option in Promotions to bump them up and down?   I wonder how often that runs (on CIC)

Don’t get me wrong, but those are decisions you have to make, sorry. The app is there. It offers different “set-ups” to allow people to join. Honestly it’s up to you to decide how to make them join. The app is the ens of the process. 

There’s no such block. It has the common ones, like Feed, stats, comments, etc., but you can easily achieve this with a block made on Pages or even an Announcement. 

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Don’t get me wrong, but those are decisions you have to make, sorry. The app is there. It offers different “set-ups” to allow people to join. Honestly it’s up to you to decide how to make them join. The app is the ens of the process. 

I'll give it a shot and try things out. 

Just weary of installing interdependent things, but Member Shop sure looks cool and if they work together it would be great.

I'll buy it tomorrow.

Cheers. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Elshara Silverheart said:

What exactly can you raffle off?

Anything you want. That’s up to who submit a raffle/giveaway. 

9 minutes ago, Elshara Silverheart said:

Does this work similar to draws where people can put money in a jar and a certain percentage of it goes towards a final win?

Not sure what you mean. 

9 minutes ago, Elshara Silverheart said:

Say you can collect money with this, is it received via account credit or some other method?

Like any app that uses IPS Commerce, it goes to Account Credit then the winner should request payout to receive the money via PayPal or whatever payment processor is used. 

• 1 month later...

Hi:

I've just purchased this application, after installed it (Raffles 1.3.1), my forum shows error messages on the Raffles main page:

[[Template raffles/front/global/chooseCurrency is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] 

My forum is Invision Community v4.4.3, and  with no Commerce Application (I would like to use Giveaway only).

Would you help me to fix it? 

Thanks.

Edited by I-I HUANG
3 hours ago, I-I HUANG said:

Hi:

I've just purchased this application, after installed it (Raffles 1.3.1), my forum shows error messages on the Raffles main page:

[[Template raffles/front/global/chooseCurrency is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] 

My forum is Invision Community v4.4.3, and  with no Commerce Application (I would like to use Giveaway only).

Would you help me to fix it? 

Thanks.

This was reported before and is fixed. A new version should be out during the weekend. 

Let me know if you want to make a quick template edit in the meantime. I’ll send the fix via PM, if you don’t want to wait. 

14 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

This was reported before and is fixed. A new version should be out during the weekend. 

Let me know if you want to make a quick template edit in the meantime. I’ll send the fix via PM, if you don’t want to wait. 

Hi Adriano:

Please PM me, thank you for your kind assistance!

• 1 month later...

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Member::shopPoints() (0)
#0 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\raffles\modules\front\raffles\_view->participateRaffle()
#1 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/applications/raffles/modules/front/raffles/view.php(70): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\raffles\modules\front\raffles\_view->execute()
#4 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

backtrace

#0 /home/mopar1973man/public_html/init.php(894): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}